Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 04:27 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That latter is already happening under Trump. So these pro-illegals had better just enjoy their wet dream of another amnesty as it's not going to happen!
There has been a net outflow for 8 years or more and this will be likely to continue. But you are fooling yourself if you think 11 Million people are going to be deported. How many has Trump deported so far...over and above what were deported during the Obama years?

My guess is close to zero.

Opp..sss......deportations are DOWN under Trump...if you want to be generous, they are equal:
https://www.usnews.com/news/data-min...on-under-trump

Opps....Obama doubled Trumps number one year:
" these deportation totals pale in comparison to the removal numbers of the early Obama administration. ICE deportations under Obama peaked at 409,849 in fiscal 2012 – nearly double the agency's deportations during fiscal 2017"

But let's humor you. People still come...and some go. Let's pretend Trump send back 50,000 more than the amount that come...each year. That would make a lot of headlines......

And, at that rate - if no more decided to come - it would take only 200 years to get somewhere - by which time there will be 100's of millions of their legal descendants here.....

So, are you still not for comprehensive reform? Do you still approve of the status quo? I know big business does....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2018, 04:39 PM

23,973 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
The Kochs and Soros want open borders and the free flow of cheap labor which suppresses American wages. A little digging and I found that, not surprisingly, Soros also donates to CATO.

CATO is not a neutral organization.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurieb.../#51827f8e2096

Look closely, and you might find a surprise. Liberal financier George Soros is among the backers. His Foundation to Promote Open Society gave $80,000 to Cato in 2010.
THAT is a pissant amount of money.

Look up what the Koch Bros own. You can't buy anything without shopping with them. I've tried.

Old 08-31-2018, 06:26 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
His type is trying to claim that Americans are inferior to foreigners even those here illegally. How did we get to be the most successful country in the world if Americans were lazy and stupid? He's an illegal alien sympathizer and will say anything to demonize Americans including making up lies and stretching the truth which is that they can't compete with "cheap" foreigners, bottom line! You're right that's not leveling the playing field.
Yeah I think so too. Believing Americans are inferior seems to be common with supporters of open borders.

I don't care even if Americans were inferior (obviously I believe they're not) they shouldn't be displaced with foreigners.

Old 08-31-2018, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Okay I'll tag this post and if you're still here in about 4-6 years as a member I'll respond.
I never said mass global migration and the destruction of America wasn't basically inevitable, that doesn't mean I have to support it or it couldn't be stopped.

Old 08-31-2018, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yeah I think so too. Believing Americans are inferior seems to be common with supporters of open borders.

I don't care even if Americans were inferior (obviously I believe they're not) they shouldn't be displaced with foreigners.
Measurably - there are things we are good in, things we do average in...and places where we lag.

Since we are created from immigrants...from all over the world, it would be awful hard to say we were inferior to people who are generally the same as we are!!!

One place "open borders" Republicans and Libertarians have it right is that immigration is a net positive for a country like ours. It MORE than pays for itself. The list of successful immigrants is WAY too long to even start a listing....

Also, some of it has nothing to do with "better or worse" and more to do with that many "modern" societies have a difficult time filling all the lousy jobs. By "lousy" I mean that few of us (an assumption, of course) want our kids to be operating a bandsaw in a meat-packing plant or similar. After a few generations, most immigrants (you and I) want to have a more comfortable life.

So immigrants come over to work - often with the hopes that if they labor hard, the next generation will have it better. And...this is usually the case.

As I have said before - I definitely support immigration...but not "Republican/Libertarian/Cato" open borders.

Old 08-31-2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
I never said mass global migration and the destruction of America wasn't basically inevitable, that doesn't mean I have to support it or it couldn't be stopped.
Well, according to thousands (or millions) like you, it was all going to be over by 2011 or so......so, for now, I'll take such predictions just like the billboards which often pop up here and there declaring the exact date the earth will end.

Hint - it didn't.

Old 08-31-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Measurably - there are things we are good in, things we do average in...and places where we lag.

Since we are created from immigrants...from all over the world, it would be awful hard to say we were inferior to people who are generally the same as we are!!!

One place "open borders" Republicans and Libertarians have it right is that immigration is a net positive for a country like ours. It MORE than pays for itself. The list of successful immigrants is WAY too long to even start a listing....

Also, some of it has nothing to do with "better or worse" and more to do with that many "modern" societies have a difficult time filling all the lousy jobs. By "lousy" I mean that few of us (an assumption, of course) want our kids to be operating a bandsaw in a meat-packing plant or similar. After a few generations, most immigrants (you and I) want to have a more comfortable life.

So immigrants come over to work - often with the hopes that if they labor hard, the next generation will have it better. And...this is usually the case.

As I have said before - I definitely support immigration...but not "Republican/Libertarian/Cato" open borders.
No, America was overwhelmingly created by immigrants from Europe and their native born offspring. Most of the rest were very late comers and caused more of a net negative than a net positive for Americans.

Old 08-31-2018, 07:36 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,141,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
No Mr Miron. We don’t want open borders. I swear the left has lost their minds
NO ONE wants open borders, netter Dems nor Reps. This is just some bizarre Republican twisted fantasy.

Old 08-31-2018, 08:25 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,394,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
NO ONE wants open borders, netter Dems nor Reps. This is just some bizarre Republican twisted fantasy.
It is a typical demagogic tactic....take the most extreme of your opposition and pretend they represent the mainstream of your opponents.

Donald Chump has taught these chumps how to play his game.

Old 08-31-2018, 08:27 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,394,411 times
Quote:
No, America was overwhelmingly created by immigrants from Europe and their native born offspring. Most of the rest were very late comers and caused more of a net negative than a net positive for Americans.
Where did your ancestors come from and when did the arrive in America?

Something tells me this will be entertaining.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies