Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2018, 09:25 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Oh my, "you have been duped by the Media". See what I did ? I put my statement in quotes. Something your links don't do. They don't quote the actual statements made. That's the clue its propaganda. "I hope you are learning something here. That is my hope", I said it.

From the 1st link and the second is no different. Didn't bother with the 3rd or 4th.

“listened with interest,”
“extremely limited”
“giddiness”

Papadopoulos is said to have offered to broker a meeting between then-candidate Trump and Putin.

If he said it, it would be in quotes.

“Mr. Trump nodded with approval and deferred to Mr. Sessions who appeared to like the idea and stated that the campaign should look into it,” the filing reads.

I HAVE YET TO MEET A FILING THAT COULD READ. USUALLY ITS SOMETHING A PERSON DOES.

That is a paragraph but it could apply to anything and isn't specific or clear as to what was the subject NOT INCLUDED IN THE PARAGRAPH.

"You have been duped by media reports. Duped," I say

Like this :

"Your were duped. Its so obvious most would be ashamed to offer it as proof", I say !!!

I get it though.
You want to believe it and the MSM media wants you to believe it.
Confirmation bias. Alive and well.

George Papadopoulos is charged with lying, not any charges for collusion. That's what Mueller wants and is supposed to be looking for and apparently George Papadopoulos isn't guilty of that or there would be a charge on it.
What would you like to bet Mueller won't see it the same way you do...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 09:30 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,534 times
Quote:
Oh my, "you have been duped by the Media". See what I did ? I put my statement in quotes. Something your links don't do. They don't quote the actual statements made. That's the clue its propaganda. "I hope you are learning something here. That is my hope", I said it.

From the 1st link and the second is no different. Didn't bother with the 3rd or 4th.

“extremely limited”
“giddiness”

Papadopoulos is said to have offered to broker a meeting between then-candidate Trump and Putin.

“Mr. Trump nodded with approval and deferred to Mr. Sessions who appeared to like the idea and stated that the campaign should look into it,” the filing reads.

I HAVE YET TO MEET A FILING THAT COULD READ. USUALLY ITS SOMETHING A PERSON DOES.

That is a paragraph but it could apply to anything and isn't specific or clear as to what was the subject NOT INCLUDED IN THE PARAGRAPH.

Like this :

"Your were duped. Its so obvious most would be ashamed to offer it as proof", I say !!!

I get it though.

George Papadopoulos is charged with lying, not any charges for collusion. That's what Mueller wants and is supposed to be looking for and apparently George Papadopoulos isn't guilty of that or there would be a charge on it.
Words have more than one meaning. No, there was no filing reading itself...how silly that you try to pretend that was what it meant. This is where the article is saying what was in the filing...this one:

"But in a sentencing document filed late Friday, Papadopoulos claims that while “some in the room rebuffed George’s offer,” both Trump and Sessions seemed to support it."

That was the paragraph right before, so this is the specific filing as part of his sentencing. This article is recounting what was in the filing. No randomness involved. This is about Papadopoulos and his claims as part of his sentencing.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:32 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump lies all the time and you have no problem with that. And Trump isn't transparent at all. Let's see his tax returns.
Make it a requirement to show tax returns.

Lies, no politician does that. Its never happened before, is that the issue ?

Transparent !!!
He will be the most transparent of them all if/when he declassifies the necessary documents.
We will know soon. He is probably reading my thread right now and considering it. I'll wait a bit more to decide on.....Transparent.
Dog gone it. The phone is ringing and its probably Hannity again trying to get me on his show and get my advice.
That guy just won't take no for an answer. Nice guy but he repeats himself to much.
Now where was I ? Oh yeah......
Its not to much to ask, with less than two years in office, to wait a little longer.

Last edited by phma; 09-02-2018 at 10:38 PM..

Old 09-02-2018, 09:34 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The FBI and DOJ are part of the Judicial Branch, which is equal in power to the Executive. ICE is a branch of Homeland Security and answers to Trump. Hope that clears it up for you.

No wonder it seems we are discussing things with people that have no clue what so ever. Because we are!

"FBI and DOJ are part of the Judicial Branch" LOL!!!! Go research that, before you look even more foolish.

CLUE:
President Donald J. Trump, is the highest law enforcement official in the USA.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:36 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:

“extremely limited”
“giddiness”

Like this :

I get it though.

Duped by the media is pretty funny since the media was credited for uncovering the details of the Watergate scandal. This is why the media is needed. And this is why Trump hates them so much.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Words have more than one meaning. No, there was no filing reading itself...how silly that you try to pretend that was what it meant. This is where the article is saying what was in the filing...this one:

"But in a sentencing document filed late Friday, Papadopoulos claims that while “some in the room rebuffed George’s offer,” both Trump and Sessions seemed to support it."

That was the paragraph right before, so this is the specific filing as part of his sentencing. This article is recounting what was in the filing. No randomness involved. This is about Papadopoulos and his claims as part of his sentencing.

Maybe Mueller can seam together a charge of collusion on that flimsy propaganda.

So far he hasn't and it is his job to do it. Maybe he isn't up to the job at all. He hasn't charged any one in the campaign with collusion.
Maybe its interfering with his house of cards game where the jokers are wild.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:59 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Come to think of it, it has been a while since we've had a good "All over for Mueller this time, for sure!" thread.
I do enjoy them. Almost as much as the "Mueller's got Trump Now!" threads.

Old 09-02-2018, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Duped by the media is pretty funny since the media was credited for uncovering the details of the Watergate scandal. This is why the media is needed. And this is why Trump hates them so much.
OK

Now you are into Trumps head.
It must be painful to realize he was in yours first to make that statement.
Thats just the way it works. Where is the victory in that ?

Did the media ignore any crimes reporting on Watergate,
or fail to report them as a sign of omission bias ?
It will all come out in the end despite the media bias.
It always does. Someone always steps up.

Old 09-02-2018, 10:17 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
OK

Now you are into Trumps head.
It must be painful to realize he was in yours first to make that statement.
Thats just the way it works. Where is the victory in that ?

Did the media ignore any crimes reporting on Watergate,
or fail to report them as a sign of omission bias ?
Nope not painful at all, sorry . What the media did in Watergate was bringing a corrupt president to justice. And this is why we need the media.

Old 09-02-2018, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Nope not painful at all, sorry . What the media did in Watergate was bringing a corrupt president to justice. And this is why we need the media.
So the media, in your view, exist to target one person and hold them accountable.
They don't need to hold other criminals in gov. accountable if they aren't the President ?

Who knew we elect a President so the media can do their job and remove them.
Maybe we should elect the media too.

Makes me wonder how people get into outer space without a spaceship or some astronaut training.
SpaceX is run by idiots spending all that money on rockets. All they need to do is find the right people and elevate them. Getting to Mars is going to be cheap after all.

Last edited by phma; 09-02-2018 at 10:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies