Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 04:30 PM

88,139 posts, read 84,005,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
I like that quote. It should be a meme.
I liked it, too. Couldn't rep Dane a second time right away, so somebody else get him.

Old 09-06-2018, 05:20 PM

24,189 posts, read 13,048,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
I was in DC that day, had meetings at Forrestal, I saw the smoke cloud over the Pentagon "Live and In Person". There was enough fire, that, yeah, no possibility at all of an air-to-air missile causing that. Well, providing you rule out a "Ding-Dong", or a nuclear Falcon, both of which were long out of service in 2001.

In seriousness, if the hole was 75 feet across, that would account for the 757 engines, they are not 75 feet apart on the airplane. Point being that some people have asked, why was there one hole in the Pentagon, and not 3 (2 engines and fuselage). Apparently the answer is "There was just one big hole, and both engines and fuselage went through that."
A former operations officer of mine, (#2 in the squadron behind the commander) but at that time since retired, was first officer for an American MD-80 inside of ten miles on final to Reagan National when AA 77 hit the Pentagon. He didn't see it hit but saw the fireball. Security video footage shows the hijackers were likely aiming for the base of the building, maximizing damage, but hit short.

Some people think that the holes would look something like a Bugs Bunny/Roadrunner cartoon with a perfect outline of the aircraft. They've never done an accident investigation... I, regrettably, have, although I say regrettably because it meant I was in an office setting with a couple of site visits for nearly a month while my squadron mates were whooping it up at Red Flag in Vegas. The crater was round, not shaped like an A-10. Since the aircraft hit short of the Pentagon, everything started to fold around it and it was just a big "slug" of aluminum, steel and plastic. And a few tons of Jet A.

Old 09-06-2018, 07:35 PM

311 posts, read 474,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Yep mine is rented. Some owners dont rent it out, but keep it unused.

1) First of all the OP s assumption doesnt make sense at all. 580 mph is probably the maximum speed. Even for a 777 and that too at 35000 feet. No way one could reach 580 between boston and new york.

2) I am merely thinking about hydraulic pressing principles and about how the building collpsed.

3) Thirdly but most importantly, in many hollywood movies they are shown chasing and shooting apaches with AK;s. So again, its about the top floor .
I'm assuming that your posts are satire; even for 9/11 conspiracies, these points are pretty stupid. But I can assure you that at sea level (OK, not quite sea level, lets call it ~ 700 feet asl), those engines have more then adequate thrust to maintain a ground speed of > 500 mph, and that's not even accounting for any speed gained in a dive.

And what on earth does the fact that they were flying between Boston and NYC have to do with how fast the aircraft are traveling?

Tell you what; try this one on: The world trade center never actually existed. All those photos of the lower Manhattan skyline were faked. The people who claimed to work in the buildings were all in on the lie. They may have gotten to me too; I could swear I was on the observation deck as a kid, but I must have been brainwashed by my parents.

Old 09-06-2018, 07:44 PM

88,139 posts, read 84,005,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo_Urns View Post
I'm assuming that your posts are satire; even for 9/11 conspiracies, these points are pretty stupid. But I can assure you that at sea level (OK, not quite sea level, lets call it ~ 700 feet asl), those engines have more then adequate thrust to maintain a ground speed of > 500 mph, and that's not even accounting for any speed gained in a dive.
And what on earth does the fact that they were flying between Boston and NYC have to do with how fast the aircraft are traveling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo_Urns View Post
Tell you what; try this one on: The world trade center never actually existed. All those photos of the lower Manhattan skyline were faked. The people who claimed to work in the buildings were all in on the lie. They may have gotten to me too; I could swear I was on the observation deck as a kid, but I must have been brainwashed by my parents.
Oh, don't joke. I think I may have already indicated in this thread that I've met some of those people online. I must have been hallucinating for the 20 years I worked there, along with everything that I felt and witnessed that day. And so are all the people I know who worked there and were also there on 9/11.

Yes, I have been told in the past by people on City-Data in the past that I am surely a paid shill who posts disinformation around the Internet for the government. I guess all those other thousands of posts un-related to 9/11 that I've made over the years were just to throw everyone off.

I'm still waiting for my government check...

Old 09-06-2018, 07:58 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,491,340 times
They were intended as flying bombs. All the flights were destined for the West Coast. Bin Laden and Sheikh Mohammed changed the original plans to maximize the amount of jet fuel when they crashed.

The Four Hijacked Planes - 9/11 Encyclopedia - September 11 10th Anniversary – NYMag

They later rescheduled the mid-summer flights in July to amid-week fall flight so the planes would have fewer passengers to control.

Old 09-06-2018, 09:24 PM

17,386 posts, read 13,121,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBNCHI View Post
And probably the same guy that said we didn't land on the moon either! SMH, let it go.
We landed on the moon?

Not according to the movie The First Man. No US flag on the moon, no United States of America on the Saturn V rocket. I guess we didn't go

Old 09-07-2018, 12:17 AM

652 posts, read 337,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandafrom97 View Post
I don't know whether you guys want to have a take on this but there's a guy I know who believes that 9/11 was a false flag on the basis that (his statements not mine):

1.) the pilots were said to have been Moderator cut: ... poor (especially Hani Hanjour, pilot on AA77 into the Pentagon)

2.) the maneuvering abilities of the aircraft were extraordinary for pilots of such Moderator cut: ... poor skill

3.) all the planes exceeded the VMO at altitudes near sea level without any damage to their structural integrity (especially UA175 that hit the south tower at 09:03AM)

Can you debunk any of these? He's not the only one who believes this. People apparently think that the planes were "switched" by the military and replaced with piloted drones.

This sounds crazy so please debunk this.
This guy is a nutbag.

See, all debunked.

Old 09-07-2018, 01:30 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,876,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
My friend, who was in the.carpenters union, was also there a few blocks away. He said at the time that those planes were flying really low over Manhattan which is something he never saw before. It’s real, despite the net jobs who say that the live televised news was all Hollywood cgi stuff. One of my best friends believe this and I tell him he’s a lunatic.
I was a little farther away but saw it all. It was real, an acquaintance died, and I'm just glad I didn't lose any real friends.

Old 09-10-2018, 02:10 PM

177 posts, read 311,368 times
Putting aside the Thunderbird-level piloting skills these 'terrorists' had, all you need to wake up to the official conspiracy theory is building #7. Wasn't hit by an airplane or airplane debris, yet managed to collapse at freefall speed a few hours after some minor fires, a feat only accomplished by its larger twin brothers, for the first time in history.

Larry Silverstein, the WTC leaseholder, made a killing off of the terrorist insurance policy he opened just months before the towers were destroyed. He even stated on video they had to 'pull' building 7. It's interesting to note that the twin towers were full of asbestos and would have cost him a fortune to clean up.

It's also worth noting that the CIA weaponized the term 'conspiracy theory' to silence anyone who tries to question the official narrative.

Old 09-10-2018, 04:14 PM

46,819 posts, read 25,743,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudoshin1115 View Post
Putting aside the Thunderbird-level piloting skills these 'terrorists' had, all you need to wake up to the official conspiracy theory is building #7. Wasn't hit by an airplane or airplane debris, yet managed to collapse at freefall speed a few hours after some minor fires, a feat only accomplished by its larger twin brothers, for the first time in history.

Larry Silverstein, the WTC leaseholder, made a killing off of the terrorist insurance policy he opened just months before the towers were destroyed. He even stated on video they had to 'pull' building 7. It's interesting to note that the twin towers were full of asbestos and would have cost him a fortune to clean up.

It's also worth noting that the CIA weaponized the term 'conspiracy theory' to silence anyone who tries to question the official narrative.
Groundhog day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies