Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 03:36 PM

89,002 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

McCain was also a Keating Five criminal. From the Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter, Tom Fitzpatrick:

McCain: The Most Reprehensible of the Keating Five
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2018, 03:39 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,903,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
The liberal-biased media's belief that McCain is America's Hero and the Second Coming has nothing to do with John McCain.

They hated him when he ran for president in 2008 and haven't changed their views.

This entire overblown presentation and phony admiration is all about their hated of President Trump. If Trump were not President, McCain would have received the same brief televised coverage as any other politician. But since McCain did not like President Trump the lib media is having a field day attempting to convince everyone that democrats will save America. . . this is their big act leading up to the midterms and 2020.
Many Dems crossed over for McCain in 2000. I did. I felt that was HIS year. But Bush beat him in the primaries and the rest is history.

I voted for McCain for Senate when I lived in AZ....I don't remember his opponent but s/he didn't come close to McCain's quals.

In 2008 I was a Hillary supporter as I wanted to see the first woman President. When Obama beat her in the primaries, I looked to McCain. Then he picked Palin as his running mate and that sent me to Obama.

I am a rabid anti-trumper but your allegation is just pain wrong. Many of my friends wanted McCain back in 2000 as well, all moderate Dems as am I.

Old 09-01-2018, 03:54 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Am I the only one who feels funerals should not be televised live? I don’t like to go to funerals for close friends and family so why would I want to watch a live telecast of a funeral for someone I have no personal connection to? I agree that because of the celebrity or political status of certain individuals those people’s funerals are news worthy material and filming the funeral is warranted. I just don’t feel right about live telecast of funerals.

What bothers me most about this are the speakers who have used this as an opportunity for personal grandstanding to make political statements. Funerals are for the surviving friends and family to honor and remember those who’ve passed away and give them a chance to comfort one another. It should not be a time for individuals to get on their soap box and make social or political statements.

Yeah, why bother changing the channel? Why not come on CD and complain about it instead?

Old 09-01-2018, 03:57 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
They are showing THIS instead of COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!!! McCain is making MILLIONS of enemies right now. This fawning is going overboard.
What are his enemies going to do to him?

Old 09-01-2018, 04:02 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It appears the Trumpenproletariat is following the lead of their idol in taking it really badly that McCain got all that attention just by dying.
LOL! No one is reporting on Trump Tweets today! Drives them mad .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Lot of snowflakes whining about a TV funeral.

Same anti-funeral snowflakes would be glued to the TV for Trump's funeral.

Speaking of Trump's funeral....all presidents pre-plan their funerals down to the details. And because you never know when it'll be your time, they have this plan in place even while still president.

Today Trump probably contacted the person which documents his funeral wishes and said "I want a funeral bigger and longer than John McCain's. I want the biggest and best funeral of any president ever. Believe me, it's gonna be big."

Although in true Trump fashion, he'll probably require the funeral events to be held inside one of his private clubs and charge exhorbitant per-person fees for each attendee. And then massive fees for the each section of the facility. And require Trump employees to setup and break down the chairs and flower displays, all for huge fees paid to the Trump organization. He'll probably charge a $2 million "last minute" facility fee for the facility to have the event on short notice.
Oh, that was good. Appreciate the levity.

McCain's funeral was a patriotic funeral also designed to honor his service. Coming from a military family, I do honor his years of service if not necessarily his politics.

The music was beautiful

Old 09-01-2018, 04:06 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
They are showing THIS instead of COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!!! McCain is making MILLIONS of enemies right now. This fawning is going overboard.
ahhh -- that's okay -- no good college football games today anyways. What a waste of a game day.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:19 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
McCain supported Trump's agenda 83% of the time. Dems suddenly love him...lol

Because he was an honorable man, who endured brutal torture as a POW, came home victorious and continued to selflessly served his country the rest of his life. And no, not "suddenly", he was loved all along, regardless of how he voted.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:24 PM

89,002 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Because he was an honorable man, who endured brutal torture as a POW, came home victorious and continued to selflessly served his country the rest of his life. And no, not "suddenly", he was loved all along, regardless of how he voted.
He was not an honorable man. See the article I posted on the Keating Five. He does, however deserve a great deal of respect for his service to our country in the Vietnam war and his years as a POW.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:24 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Am I the only one who feels funerals should not be televised live? I don’t like to go to funerals for close friends and family so why would I want to watch a live telecast of a funeral for someone I have no personal connection to? I agree that because of the celebrity or political status of certain individuals those people’s funerals are news worthy material and filming the funeral is warranted. I just don’t feel right about live telecast of funerals.

What bothers me most about this are the speakers who have used this as an opportunity for personal grandstanding to make political statements. Funerals are for the surviving friends and family to honor and remember those who’ve passed away and give them a chance to comfort one another. It should not be a time for individuals to get on their soap box and make social or political statements.
It's disgusting and should not happen.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:33 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
An honorable man? He cheated on both his wives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies