Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2018, 11:30 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times

Advertisements

I saw bits of it on the news in the UK.

l liked the music - a moving rendition of 'Danny Boy' as well as 'I Vow to Thee My Country' and 'My Country Tis of Me', which is to the tune of 'God Save the Queen'.

Perhaps if Trump had said some of the cruel things he said about McCain's capture and the right hadn't tried to discredit McCain by falesely trying to blame him for the USS Forrestal fire then Meghan McCain might not have blatently attacked Trump and his administration.

McCain served his country well, and deserved a decent send off, and Trump a man with no military service should never have attacked McCain the way he did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 11:39 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,903,640 times
That tweet represents few Americans. In the past week most Americans expressed condolences, respect and honor on a fallen hero. Those who did not were in a teenie tiny group....a group that continues to shrink.

Old 09-02-2018, 11:41 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,491,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's exactly why they will all be shocked, when yet again, Trump beats them all on election day.

That funeral and what was really behind it, is exactly what America has come to detest about the political elite from both parties.
Whatever you're drinking that distorts "reality" so much, please give me the formula. I need it to forget that Trump is president! You'll need some again when Trump loses in 2020 ...assuming he even runs!

Old 09-02-2018, 11:42 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I wish there would have been more anti-Trump rhetoric. The more The Establishment hates on Trump, the more popular Trump becomes.
Yeah, he's so popular now his approval rating is 60%. Keep it up, Trump.

Old 09-02-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I still don't understand why such a huge deal is being made of McCain's death/funeral.

Yes he was a war hero and deserves the acknowledgement and respect for that.

But he was also a war mongering DC swamp monster, RINO, and all around crappy Senator.

He doesn't deserve respect for that.

Why people are seemingly incapable of separating the two, I have no idea.
Who says they are incapable of separating the two? He deserves respect for his service and for the good things he's done. I personally am thankful for his Obamacare moment.

Old 09-02-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
The hype made me want to puke. Reptiles like McCain are what holds humanity back. No respect.
Aw, no need to puke. Just don't watch it or read about it. Problem solved.

Old 09-02-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So you all must have been glued to your tv's for a week because I missed so much of the hype.

Yesterday we took a day road trip to explore......rest of the week we watched other shows, etc.

Sure I caught the highlights but I didn't get bombarded as some of you feel.

Turn off the TV, social media -- whatever is feeding you more information than you want.

Funny -- in a time we hav emore control over what we see and hear and folks complain more about what they see and hear.
I'm with you. I say RIP Senator McCain, and I pray his family finds comfort and peace during this difficult time. But I haven't watched anything on his funeral. Or Aretha's, although I really liked her. I just don't care to watch televised funerals. Pretty simple, really.

Old 09-02-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
its all so they can poke a finger in trumps eye, and he cant say anything because, military, pow, vietnam and respect.

if trump says one word, a single word, he be impeaches by tuesday
Says one word? Hahahahhaha. How about all he does is say words about any and everything. And most of the time his words don't even make sense. One word and he's impeached. Pfffft.

Old 09-02-2018, 11:48 AM

13,072 posts, read 7,508,849 times
JMO, the Putin and the hard Right fringe, got their underpants too tight around their privates.

Old 09-02-2018, 11:51 AM

13,072 posts, read 7,508,849 times
JMO, listened to the National Cathedral's service. Very nice.
I would like to have a send off like this but I have 0 accomplishments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies