Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2018, 04:07 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
OP, its called religious freedom, you might want to look into it sometime. the practice had been around since before the islam religion was created. every culture has certain dietary laws they follow per their religion.

in the end however, butchering any animal is a messy business, be it cattle, deer, or what ever. if you dont like seeing it, seeing where the meat you eat comes from, then dont watch it and go on with you life assuming that your meat comes from the supermarket.
Oh look a sympathizer

I’m no animal rights activist but they should be killed instantly with the bolt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 04:32 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Oh look a sympathizer

I’m no animal rights activist but they should be killed instantly with the bolt
Do you object to Jews doing it to be kosher, or only Muslims to be halal? It's the same thing. And many Muslims will accept the stunning. Jews will not at all.

Old 09-02-2018, 04:35 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Do you object to Jews doing it to be kosher, or only Muslims to be halal? It's the same thing. And many Muslims will accept the stunning. Jews will not at all.
Worse.

No place for any of it.

Old 09-02-2018, 04:37 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Worse.

No place for any of it.
OK, just checking because many in this thread are making it all about Muslims. For me, on this particular issue, I appreciate that many Muslims seem to understand the intent of their ancient law (humane for the animals) (and therefore accept stunning) whereas Jews are stuck on the letter of the law, which annoys me.

Old 09-02-2018, 05:07 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
What's the benefit of torturing then killing an animal in this way?
There is none, and the Muslims are not going to drag my country back 1,000 years or more.

Not on my watch.

Old 09-02-2018, 05:18 PM

1,261 posts, read 567,695 times
Thank God Christians don’t practice Kosher/Halal

Old 09-02-2018, 05:21 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
There is none, and the Muslims are not going to drag my country back 1,000 years or more.

Not on my watch.
Did someone forget to wake you for your watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_QgzC8d0Jg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnXaJHFAIUU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa67zjSkQk0

Would I be wrong to assume at least some of these places might be staffed with some Christians? The hypocrisy hits just keep coming, don't they?

Old 09-02-2018, 05:24 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Developing compassion rarely occurs as a blanket application. It usually starts around a single event/experience. As such, it's foolish to tell someone, "Well, who are you to talk? Look at all the other ways you're ignorant of the suffering of creatures!"

How about praising people for recognizing and condemning this savagery and then encouraging them rather than shaming them into opening their eyes to other ways we needlessly force animals to suffer?
Shaming them? People eat meat. As long as there is a market for meat, there will always be cruelty to animals.

As long as there is a market for war, open eyes ...

Yemen civil war: Parents forced to watch their children starve to death as war topples country of 29 million into famine

People do not want to open their eyes, cause that might mean they may have to do something, least of all what they want to do and that is change.

Saying the Muslims may have been acting in a cruel an inhuman manner does not negate the fact that all people are subject to dish out acts of cruelty in all degrees, to all inhabitants of this earth. As people evolve from the things they learn, perhaps this will become a thing of the past. One can only hope.

The act of cruelty to animals is against Islam and thus Muslim culture. In learning this, it posses a question of how and why this video is being circulated and to the validity of its nature. Perhaps some one else is more deserving of shame.

Old 09-02-2018, 05:26 PM

19,842 posts, read 12,102,488 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-hLMgF1O3U

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/328815...heeps-throats/

Old 09-02-2018, 05:42 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Is Vegetarianism Un-Islamic?
Quote:
Today a growing number of Muslims throughout the world are practicing vegetarian lifestyles, not only in the West but in traditional Islamic environments as well. The animal rights organization People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) Asia-Pacific has launched, at the suggestion of its Muslim members, a website on Islam and vegetarianism.5 In Turkey, which has several national vegetarian organizations, an old Istanbul neighborhood known as “Non-meat-eater” (Etyemecz) derives its name from the vegetarian practices of a Sufi sect. Iran has at least one registered vegetarian society, the Sana and Shafa Vegetarians’ Association, based in Tehran.
Vegan Muslims On the Rise: An Interview on Eating Plant Based and Living Cruelty Free
Quote:
A simple but defining question is, can you be a vegan and veggie and Muslim?

For Elysia it’s a clear cut answer: Yes, absolutely. There is nowhere in the Quran where we are obligated to consume meat or animals. “As a Muslim we should know how our meat is produced; where our food comes from and how it’s treated. You could ask yourself the following: Would the prophet (phub) be a vegetarian if he knew in this day and age how the meat industry operates?”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies