Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 10:27 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Trump was correct in that the only reason McCain made a name for himself is because he managed to get himself shot down.
Would you have done better?

Let's see you earn your wings and answer the call to go into combat. Then come back here and talk **** about people who displayed a lot more courage.

Trashing someone's combat experience from behind your keyboard is weak.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:29 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Bull. He was giving the orders. The veterans you know were acting in good faith and didn't know any better.
Not true. A commander in a squadron of attack aircraft do not give the orders except to a few other pilots. He never decided on his own to attack a target. He was ordered to. They are assigned a target or a mission by the group commander. He had the same level of latitude in carrying out his orders as I had.
I was assigned TAD to a U.S. Marine Brigade as a USN Forward observer. I was the guy who told the ships off shore, with the really big guns, where to put the destruction. I had no Idea who I killed or how many. It was my job.
No different than McCain's who was ordered to drop a whole load of 250 lb HE in various targets with his whole squadron.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
cut the B.S. dude....Mccain never had a doubt about our mission in Vietnam, even after he came back...when he went back to NAM in 1995, he said the wrong side won on their soil which is arrogance and an insult to them. He had that mentality to every war and military intervention that came across him in the Senate.
That's just you're own warped conclusion.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:38 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Oh Lord. Dense much?
No not dense at all. Are you.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:38 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Not true. A commander in a squadron of attack aircraft do not give the orders except to a few other pilots. He never decided on his own to attack a target. He was ordered to. They are assigned a target or a mission by the group commander. He had the same level of latitude in carrying out his orders as I had.
I was assigned TAD to a U.S. Marine Brigade as a USN Forward observer. I was the guy who told the ships off shore, with the really big guns, where to put the destruction. I had no Idea who I killed or how many. It was my job.
No different than McCain's who was ordered to drop a whole load of 250 lb HE in various targets with his whole squadron.

of course you have no idea who you killed with your bombs.....it was your "job"....well, well job done, you still feel proud of what we did in Vietnam...no remorse, no wonder you admire Mccain , he had no remorse in any wars and bombings he was a part of as a pilot or Senator.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:40 PM

18,563 posts, read 7,368,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I am a Vietnam combat veteran with 4 tours of duty in the RVN. I'm responsible for those killings just as much as John McCain is and I stand proudly next to him. So do 2.5 million of America's finest who served there under orders of the Commander in Chief of the United States armed forces of which I was a part of.

What do you have to say about that.
I'm not saying anything about what he or anyone else did in Viet Nam. I'm talking about Iraq.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:41 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
of course you have no idea who you killed with your bombs.....it was your "job"....well, well job done, you still feel proud of what we did in Vietnam...no remorse, no wonder you admire Mccain , he had no remorse in any wars and bombings he was a part of as a pilot or Senator.
So I take it you're a pacifist who doesn't "support the troops," right?

Old 09-01-2018, 10:44 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,429,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
So I take it you're a pacifist who doesn't "support the troops," right?
Support the troops usually just means support the policies of the state. For a country so obsessed with our military, we’re the only ones who leave them to go homeless and die when they get back.

As for Vietnam, it doesn’t take a Pacifist to be against mass genocide, which is what happened in Indochina.

Are you proud of your government’s crimes?

Old 09-01-2018, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
What we’ll said?

McCain was a vicious monster. You denounce people like Assad, but when McCain supports Genocide in Indochina or Central America, you right him off as a Maverick.

He is a terrorist, he bombed and targeted civilians in Vietnam, and wanted to carpet bomb Cambodia, even though the entire pretext for the war was illegal.

WHY, for the love of god, is McCain a decent human being???

What Genocide did McCain and the United States government commit in Indochina and Central America? If you mean the Vietnamese war was Genocide, then 2.5 million of America's best are also guilty, me among them.
I'm not aware of any Genocide committed by the United States Government and or John McCain in Central America. Please enlighten.
When did he want to carpet bomb Cambodia? How could he take part in carpet bombing of Cambodia when he was a prisoner of war in the Hanoi Hilton?
When was McCain the arbiter of the legality of the Vietnam war. You mean he actually had a say in the legal aspects of the war while in the Hanoi Hilton? That's some pull there, scooter.

Point is, everything you just posted is bull****.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:46 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,735,728 times
While at the gym today they had the service playing on the TV's and I saw Obama speaking and taking his shots at Trump and now reading McCain's comments and it really wasn't necessary for anyone to turn John McCain's funeral into an anti-Trump political statement. We get it, you don't like Trump. Very classless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies