Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If the Anonymous Op Ed Proves True, Should Trump Be Forced Out?
Yes, absolutely! 137 55.02%
Heck no! 112 44.98%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 01:07 PM

505 posts, read 368,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Right. Melania is secretly chanting about the time when her husband will go down-- "I really don't care, do you"? LOL.
Maybe she wrote it because he wouldn't go down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2018, 01:07 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
"Freedom of speech is an important pillar of our nation’s founding principles and a free press is important to our democracy. The press should be fair, unbiased and responsible. Unidentified sources have become the majority of voices people hear about in today’s news. People with no names are writing our nation’s history. Words are important, and accusations can lead to severe consequences. If a person is bold enough to accuse people of negative actions, they have a responsibility to publicly stand by their words and people have the right to be able to defend themselves. To the writer of the oped – you are not protecting this country, you are sabotaging it with your cowardly actions"

it could even be argued that's she's encouraging them to go public.
I doubt if Melania wrote that. Someone else wrote it and she said, "Yeah, whatever." Or maybe, "I don't really care. Do U?"

Old 09-06-2018, 01:08 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Raise your hand if you found some new information from the Op-ed
First I had heard that there were discussions among his senior officials of invoking the 25th.

Old 09-06-2018, 01:10 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,213 times
Trump rules with fear. His entire administration all know he has zero loyalty to anyone but himself.

The person who wrote this probably doesn't want to lose their job. This information along with the release of Bob Woodwards book really is not good for Trump even worse for our country if any of this is true.

Old 09-06-2018, 01:11 PM

1,070 posts, read 391,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
what??? hold hearings on unclaimed charges from an anonymous source in a newspaper????? are you on crack or not too bright?

the foreign policy from the previous PRESIDENCY is regime changes in Libya and Syria ....but you are shocked! shocked!!!! that killing Asad as an option was even consider (allegedly) by this President and we must hold hearings????

We are paying rebels and bombing military targets to overthrow Asad for years and it started under W Bush then Obama....and you think Congress doesn't know this? they are authorizing the payments and covert ops in that country to overthrow Asad.

When we want a government overthrown by force and using rebels and the military to reach the goal then DUH!!! killing their leader is part of the consideration. You have to be naive if you think Asad will survive if he is overthrown.....ask Saddam and Qadafi how that went down.

Take a reading comprehension course Hellion! I said that Trump ordered Asad killed “now.” And Mattis or someone stopped it. I didn’t know this - did you?!

Old 09-06-2018, 01:12 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Or maybe Trump is just an a$$hole who inspires disdain and disloyalty in the people close to him.

Has Trump figured out YET that he's amoral and an a$$? Does he REALLY not get it?

He said no one has ever done as good a job as he has as president. Just how is it he can say that with a straight face?

The mole, or rather moles, might include everyone in his inner circle, not just one person....
thank goodness for their foresight and willingness to stay and try to protect the country. It'd be easier to just quit....

Old 09-06-2018, 01:15 PM

1,070 posts, read 391,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
what??? hold hearings on unclaimed charges from an anonymous source in a newspaper????? are you on crack or not too bright?

the foreign policy from the previous PRESIDENCY is regime changes in Libya and Syria ....but you are shocked! shocked!!!! that killing Asad as an option was even consider (allegedly) by this President and we must hold hearings????

We are paying rebels and bombing military targets to overthrow Asad for years and it started under W Bush then Obama....and you think Congress doesn't know this? they are authorizing the payments and covert ops in that country to overthrow Asad.

When we want a government overthrown by force and using rebels and the military to reach the goal then DUH!!! killing their leader is part of the consideration. You have to be naive if you think Asad will survive if he is overthrown.....ask Saddam and Qadafi how that went down.
Hellion, the more I read your post the more giggles I get! I said that if Senator Corker says that he “knows what Trump is doing” then that’s the basis for hearings, NOT the OpEd

I’ll pay for a your Reading Comprehension Course if you can somehow pass it! Deal, Hellion?! - what say you?!

Old 09-06-2018, 01:23 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Me too... we now have conclusive evidence the 'deep state' exists.
Yes, we do. And also that the Deep State is comprised of people Trump hired for top positions in his administration.

It's a wonderful world.

Old 09-06-2018, 01:24 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,209,432 times
Quote:
thank goodness for their foresight and willingness to stay and try to protect the country.
What exactly are they supposed to be trying to protect the country from? A president who is doing his job and enforcing the laws? A president who is putting America first, creating jobs and making it safer? A president that doesn't want to go to war and wants fair trade deals? A president that is working toward a peace deal in North Korea? A president who is cutting govt. waste and trying to make it run more efficiently? A president who wants common sense healthcare reforms?

What SPECIFICALLY are you insinuating "they" are trying to protect us from ?

Old 09-06-2018, 01:24 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Well, after reading this marathon, I’ve come to exactly 3 conclusions

1) Trump absolutely believes that this op/ed was written by someone (or somebodies) he personally hired.

2) Whatever the reasons for the NYT’s decision to publish, surely one of them is knowing that it would trigger Trump to start ranting about treason and/or libel, and how there oughta be a law. I bet some folks at the NYT are having a great time saying “OK, bozo, bring it on.”

3) It’s a clear signal to congressional Rs (and maybe Pence, assuming he isn’t the writer) that should they wish to thwart Trump, directly or indirectly, there will be covert help available from inside Trump’s inner circle.

Last edited by jacqueg; 09-06-2018 at 01:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies