Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 03:05 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
WOW it's getting worse. Can't you hear yourself. Take life for life's benefit. So you know which life is good and which life is bad. Keep digging. Sad.
You think you know even more than I do. You think life is always better than non-life. You're presuming to know WAY more than I've ever presumed. I merely want to leave the decision mostly up to parents, who probably know better than anyone the sort of life their child will lead. Perhaps eventual limits on later abortions are warranted, but there's no reason why abortions wouldn't be for the benefit of the children in some instances, and we're always forced to make a choice for the developing fetus. It never gets any consent, no matter what. Assuming you always know what's best for other people by claiming abortion is just wrong is always irresponsible and shows a lack of concern for the children, or fetuses, or whatever we want to call them you are pretending to protect, in addition to a lack of concern for the parents, in addition to wanting to take away freedom of control over one's body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2018, 03:14 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
This is what I can't understand. You never want kids but you do things that will make you pregnant. Didn't you learn this in all the info we have now about sex? No excuses anymore about an oops.

Some people just want their cake and eat it too. You are still a mother though, just a mother with a dead baby. Like a miscarriage.

If in the future you start to feel remorse you can still mourn. The advise is to name the baby you lost and go through the steps of mourning.

This may not the advise for you but it is for other mothers who had an abortion, it may help them get over it.
Lol, it was in ‘96, nope. Still no remorse.

Old 09-06-2018, 03:15 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
You think you know even more than I do. You think life is always better than non-life. You're presuming to know WAY more than I've ever presumed. I merely want to leave the decision mostly up to parents, who probably know better than anyone the sort of life their child will lead. Perhaps eventual limits on later abortions are warranted, but there's no reason why abortions wouldn't be for the benefit of the children in some instances, and we're always forced to make a choice for the developing fetus. It never gets any consent, no matter what. Assuming you always know what's best for other people by claiming abortion is just wrong is always irresponsible and shows a lack of concern for the children, or fetuses, or whatever we want to call them you are pretending to protect, in addition to a lack of concern for the parents, in addition to wanting to take away freedom of control over one's body.
Just wait until Trump gets his picks on the Supreme court. Some people have been trying to get certain BC made illegal for years. Back when I was child bearing age one needed to be 36 years old or have 3 children before any doctor would tie their tubes. My SIL had to go to another state to get her BC script filled. Bet we go back in time soon.

Old 09-06-2018, 03:26 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Um no. Not at all. Your post proves you have zero knowledge of the pro life base.

There is a very large portion of secular pro lifers. Go learn about them.

And you'll have to figure out how to be pro abortion in a conversation without using religion as an excuse.
Great post. I am exactly as you describe. I used to be solidly prochoice. Then I had a boyfriend whose ex girlfriend had had SIX abortions. It made me sick. Then he wanted ME to get pregnant. Don't tell me women don't use them as birth control because it's bs. And I am beginning to suspect that all the stats they told us about 'back alley abortions' were dishonest, too.

But what really flipped me was when I got pregnant and saw, week by week, what parts of my baby were forming. I could no longer reconcile it.

They are making a movie called Roe v. Wade. I saw the film maker being interviewed and it looks interesting. They finally got funding to make it.

Old 09-06-2018, 03:27 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post

There is always two bodies involved in abortion.

Old 09-06-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Great post. I am exactly as you describe. I used to be solidly prochoice. Then I had a boyfriend whose ex girlfriend had had SIX abortions. It made me sick. Then he wanted ME to get pregnant. Don't tell me women don't use them as birth control because it's bs. And I am beginning to suspect that all the stats they told us about 'back alley abortions' were dishonest, too.

But what really flipped me was when I got pregnant and saw, week by week, what parts of my baby were forming. I could no longer reconcile it.

They are making a movie called Roe v. Wade. I saw the film maker being interviewed and it looks interesting. They finally got funding to make it.
And we have men like this because of abortion. I can just hear that conversation, "honey, condoms just don't do it for me, I need the full experience of my organism" So she gets pregnant and gets rid of the baby to satisfy a selfish, dominating boyfriend. There must be a club for these men who have it easy since abortion was legalized. Talk about women who want to control their body. It starts here, girls. Just say no to these creeps.

Old 09-06-2018, 03:42 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
And we have men like this because of abortion. I can just hear that conversation, "honey, condoms just don't do it for me, I need the full experience of my organism" So she gets pregnant and gets rid of the baby to satisfy a selfish, dominating boyfriend. There must be a club for these men who have it easy since abortion was legalized. Talk about women who want to control their body. It starts here, girls. Just say no to these creeps.
Since you are an expert on abortion and who gets them, am I correct in assuming you have read the statistics on BC failure?

I became an abstinence advocate as a young girl. I saw a neighbor that we knew well nearly die in childbirth of her 6th baby. Her dr told her the next pregnancy could kill her. It nearly did. But not everybody has had that experience.

IMO, had both the pro choice and pro life teams spent half their time and resources teaching girls to respect themselves. and all about BC failure, we'd have no need for many of the abortions performed.

My daughter taught in a low performing school. The girls got in a discussion about their future. They all wanted babies so they would have someone who loved them. That's a problem.

Old 09-06-2018, 03:49 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:
It starts here, girls. Just say no to these creeps.
As in the GOP which try to legislate women's birth control.

Exactly, just say NO to those creeps and vote D. The GOP is the party that loves to regulate people. They claim to be against regulation but they really are only against regulations for corporations. They regulate people as much as they can: birth control, abortion, bathrooms, now they are controlling marijuana in ultra dominating controling ways.

Old 09-06-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
As in the GOP which try to legislate women's birth control.

Exactly, just say NO to those creeps and vote D. The GOP is the party that loves to regulate people. They claim to be against regulation but they really are only against regulations for corporations. They regulate people as much as they can: birth control, abortion, bathrooms, now they are controlling marijuana in ultra dominating controling ways.
So you don't know all the ways the Dems control? Look it up. Even plastic straws will be banned in CA soon.

Old 09-06-2018, 04:27 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
Who is going to adopt all of these unwanted children? How is the right wing going to help them? Once they’re born they are against any child care and welfare. Women aren’t having abortions for the hell of it. They either don’t want these kids or they aren’t prepared to be a mother. Everyone makes mistakes. I can’t understand why this is such an issue for the righties. They say they are pro life but are they against the death penalty also?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies