Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2018, 12:35 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,812,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
If it was ONE thing, I'd agree, but she had 3 different points to notice that she was at the wrong damn door, using her claims.

I understand that someone can walk to the wrong car or the wrong door, but not park in the wrong parking lot, walk to the door with a very, very bright number right next to it, AND not see the bright red rug at the front door.

Additionally, as I posted earlier, the doors do not stay 'ajar', she could NOT have used her key to force the door open as the video proves in the link I provided earlier, because if it's the wrong key, the light on the door turns red, NOT GREEN, so that was a 4TH POINT she should have noticed she was at the wrong damn door, and then there's a neighbor stating that he saw her pacing the hallway after the shooting. If you read the story, it says she "immediately" administered aid and called 911. When 911 asked where she was, she walked out to the hallway to look at the number of the apartment...now why would she do that? It was pitch black, according to her, and she "immediately" administered aid and still didn't know where she was until 911 asked her?

B! S!
I completely agree.
-She clocked out from work with no problems.
-Walked to her car with no problem.
-Drove home and parked with no problem.
-Walked to the complex with no problem.

And then she wants people to believe that all of the sudden the impairment kicked in where she missed multiple red flags????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 12:41 PM

30,207 posts, read 23,620,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It's not that hard to believe at all. Once she parked on the wrong floor that set her up to autopilot by general distance and doors to what would've been her apartment if on the right floor. If you are inattentive you may ignore things like apartment number and a small red mat.

I'm very familiar with doors with closer, and they all can be left unlatched even ones with strong closers on exterior doors. Interior doors with spring latches are not that strong and will usually swing open with light pressure. They slam because of momentum not because of strong spring force.

The arrested warrant is not that precise. She called 911, turned on the lights and probably realized she was in the wrong apartment, and then checked the apartment number outside to give responders the address. So that suggest she didn't know the apartment number ahead of time.

The posters who think she went there with intent to kill him in full police uniform and equipment need to provide a plausible motive and explanation why her story she told isn't less incriminating.
Really? You wouldn't notice a bright red rug outside the door? REALLY?! It's not like the hallway was dark. Even IF she missed that she went up one floor too many while parking, and even IF she walked down the hallway to the door thinking it was hers, how on earth are you going to suspend reality and believe that she did NOT see that bright. red. rug. outside the door. You can't miss it! There's a photo of it in the link by the Daily Mail that I provided. You cannot MISS IT!

And again, the doors shut automatically, it was not ajar or even loose. They shut automatically ON PURPOSE. She did NOT "use her key to force her way in" because again, the light would have been red, you have to look at the damn thing while you're putting your key in the door and she would have seen it...that red to go along with the bright red rug she was standing on while "forcing" the door open, as she claimed. Those doors shut automatically for a reason - they are a) heavy and b) fire doors. They don't stand ajar, they don't partially close, they slam shut. Did you even watch the video?

As for her motive, she was complaining about noise that she said her neighbor made. AGAIN, had you read the article that I linked to, the neighbors confirm that while the walls are insulated, the ceilings are not. So it is possible that she heard him make noise. Maybe she doesn't handle stress well. Maybe noise is a trigger for her, maybe she just didn't like him, who knows, let a psychologist drag that out of her, but to say that there's no motive - she complained about him before she shot him up in his own apartment.

Not everyone who wears a uniform of blue is an upstanding citizen, as we have witnessed over the years. Not every cop is bad, and I usually side with the cops, but this is such utter horse spit that I can't believe anyone is standing up for her.

The guy was in his own home, minding his own damn business, and she shoots and kills him. I believe that what another poster said is not far fetched - that he let her in, or at least opened the door when she knocked. She could not have forced that door open.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:46 PM

365 posts, read 497,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I completely agree.
-She clocked out from work with no problems.
-Walked to her car with no problem.
-Drove home and parked with no problem.
-Walked to the complex with no problem.

And then she wants people to believe that all of the sudden the impairment kicked in where she missed multiple red flags????
Very odd.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:56 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
What were you there? It doesn't make sense that he let her in really if she was just fumbling at the door with the wrong key. The justification would be you were trying to apprehend what you thought was a burglar in your apartment. I agree though that we need to know why the search warrant suggests he answered the door and the arrest warrant says the door was ajar.
I don't have to be awake in the morning to understand that the sun rose.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:58 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
The posters who think she went there with intent to kill him in full police uniform and equipment need to provide a plausible motive and explanation why her story she told isn't less incriminating.
Intended to? No, not likely. She was tired and whatever beef she had with him was ignored by him and she shot him. It happens quite often, I do not understand why people believe it can't happen to someone just because they are a police officer.

Old 09-17-2018, 01:09 PM

28,619 posts, read 18,658,429 times
Quote:
I assume the door was unlocked and whether ajar or not she probably had the notion that someone had entered "her apartment" at some previous point and mucked up the lock. She plowed forward without verifying it really was her apartment to see if the apartment was clear of an intruder.
The point is: Most anyone would glance up at the apartment number when something was abnormal about the keying process...even given oblviousness to all the previous clues.

Old 09-17-2018, 01:17 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,273,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
The point is: Most anyone would glance up at the apartment number when something was abnormal about the keying process...even given oblviousness to all the previous clues.
I don't think that is so. Once our brain decides it knows where it is minor discrepancies are not going to matter. I would think the biggest one she missed was the red rug. But depending on how the load she was carrying was placed her vision of that rug may have been blocked.

I see little probability that Jean let her in. That would have almost inevitably led to a confrontation at the door where it would likely have been lighted and if she was out to kill he would have ended up dead.

Old 09-17-2018, 01:27 PM

28,619 posts, read 18,658,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
I don't think that is so. Once our brain decides it knows where it is minor discrepancies are not going to matter. I would think the biggest one she missed was the red rug. But depending on how the load she was carrying was placed her vision of that rug may have been blocked.

I see little probability that Jean let her in. That would have almost inevitably led to a confrontation at the door where it would likely have been lighted and if she was out to kill he would have ended up dead.
She should have seen and felt the rug underfoot.

But, no, I disagree. If it had been a unique private home, we would all "know where we are."

But you or I or anyone entering an apartment complex with many identical areas--and with us being relatively new residents--would still be noting numerous location clues, even if mostly subconsciously. Any of us would have noted the specific clues that would get us to our specific apartment: Number of turns through the parking garage, for instance.

In this case, the proposition is that this police officer missed every clue, including the unique and glaringly obvious mat, plus the very clear and obvious lighted number sign.

And then wasn't even alerted when the key didn't work or the door was unlocked that she might have been in at the wrong door.

And then made a kill decision!

Let me emphasize that point. When anyone armed draws his or her weapon, a kill decision has been made. You don't draw, you never, ever draw, unless you have determined that you are ready to kill someone.

She passed up all clues, even when the door was operating abnormally, and made a kill decision without even looking to see where she actually was.

That is profound obliviousness to the point of incredulity.

Old 09-17-2018, 01:43 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,837,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenth View Post
This is the key for me and why I don't believe a word the cop is saying. She ignored dozens of signs that she either ignored or fail to observe. I find the whole story to be completely implausible and IMO it is complete BS.

1. Parked on the wrong floor of the parking garage. How did she fail to notice the countless signs that would have been prominently displayed letting her know that she was on the 4th Floor?

2. Walked from parking garage to the incorrect apartment. Once again how did she not notice any of the 4th Floor signage or any of the apartment numbers that would have made it obvious she was on the wrong floor?

3. The red floor mat. I don't care how tired you are or how full your arms are, that red floor mat would have been seen by anyone from yards away as she was walking in the hallway toward the apartment door.

4. The key and the multiple stories about the door. This is where it gets downright strange. Was the door locked and opened by Jean? Was the heavy door affixed with an auto closer ajar? Is that even possible unless the victim propped it open before they went to bed? Did she shoot him when she saw him and he startled her or did she shoot him from across the room while she was standing in the doorway and it was too dark to notice it was not her apartment. How can it be so dark that you can't tell you are in the wrong apartment but you can tell where someone is standing well enough to shoot them?

5. The cop's dog. Where is her dog and why didn't she wonder about it? Every dog I have owned or come into contact with is waiting for you at the door or bursting at the seams waiting to get out of the crate.

6. Why go straight to lethal force? Her new story, the door was ajar and she saw a super scary large shadow that created fear that required her to pull out her gun and start blasting. Is that even proper protocol on an actual police call? Arrive on scene, used deadly force against a target that has not been identified and you have no clear line of sight? Are cops trained to shoot at shadows in the dark first and ask questions later?

To believe the cops story you need to suspend all rational thought. How likely is it that a cop with a few years of experience could completely lose all knowledge of her surroundings like a dementia patient? She parked on the wrong floor, walked past and ignored multiple signs that would have said 4th Floor, she ignored many apartment numbers conveniently labeled with numbers that made it obvious they were on the 4th Floor, she walked up to and stood over a bright red floor mat in a lighted hallway and claims to have not seen it because - packages. Her key didn't work, or it did work, or the door popped open or was opened by a large black intruder - which is it? She didn't notice her dog was gone and instead of backing up and assessing the situation, she decides to shoot at a shadow across the room she can't see and is unresponsive to verbal inputs?

So the tired overworked cop managed to clock out, transfer to her personal vehicle, drive home without incident, park, walk inside the building and use a door but at that point is suddenly afflicted with a case of confusion and is forced to shoot at a shadow? Why does this sudden onset confusion cure itself a moment later when she snaps back into cop mode shouting commands and shooting her gun? If she was so out of it that she couldn't even make it to the correct apartment, how are we supposed to believe her story about the rest of the details? So messed up that you get lost on the way to your own apartment, but she is magically crystal clear on the details three days later and the facts all just miraculously line up with police officer's use of force regs and "fear for my life" protections. I have no idea why she is making up such a ridiculous story, but it is clearly retconned to cover her butt.

The sad thing is I suspect at least one cop worshipping juror is going to buy the whole thing hook line and sinker.
But what is the motive?

Old 09-17-2018, 02:06 PM

365 posts, read 497,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
But what is the motive?
Someone below his apartment made several noise complaints to management. It's possible she wanted to finally confront Jean about the loud noise and something went wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies