Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2018, 06:36 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,868,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
He was Filipino.

Filipinos often have Spanish names because Spain conquered the Philippines.
Yes, I grew up around many Filipinos. I know that many of them have Spanish surnames, but Yanez does not look Filipino at all and every source I've seen has identified him as Hispanic.

Where are you getting that he is Filipino?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2018, 06:40 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,809,038 times
Well if that text (tweet?) is true then it looks like the department knows she screwed up but they don't want to charge one of their own. They know her and like her. I don't think anyone is trying to think up excuses (or perhaps they realized they can't find any in this case, since the victim is LITERALLY a chior boy LOL) and they are trying to avoid doing what must be done.

Old 09-09-2018, 06:44 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
I'm thinking she either panicked like a chick when he answered the door thinking maybe he was a "rapist" hiding inside "her apartment" and started shooting. Or they know each other and there was some kind of altercation although there doesn't seem to be much evidence for that.

Old 09-09-2018, 06:50 PM

15,527 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Begs the question of if she served all those warrants on the right people; her powers of observation don't seem like the keenest.
Well, she did let a meth head on parole wrestle a taser out of her hand. I'm sorry, but that's a sign right there that she wasn't fit for the job. For all I know, she could have started out on the force for all the right reasons. However, it's pretty clear she wasn't up for the job. Now, she's killed an innocent person. She had no business being a police officer.

Old 09-09-2018, 06:50 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I'm thinking she either panicked like a chick when he answered the door thinking maybe he was a "rapist" hiding inside "her apartment" and started shooting. Or they know each other and there was some kind of altercation although there doesn't seem to be much evidence for that.
I do not believe there is any question that what she did was horrendous and wrong.

The question is was it an accident? manslaughter? Murder?

I personally doubt murder. But sorting between an accident and manslaughter may prove very difficult.

Old 09-09-2018, 06:52 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
I do not believe there is any question that what she did was horrendous and wrong.

I personally doubt murder. But sorting between an accident and manslaughter may prove very difficult.
According to an earlier article, the judge said what was being described was murder.

Old 09-09-2018, 06:55 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
According to an earlier article, the judge said what was being described was murder.
Nonsense and irrelevant. DAs determine charges not judges.

Old 09-09-2018, 07:00 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post

That's what I'm saying. Based on what we know which isn't much it appears to be negligent homicide/manslaughter but I'm not really sure how under Texas law would charge that. Someone said the Dallas police were not hesitating to charge manslaughter but not murder. Then supposedly the Texas Rangers were saying hold off on manslaughter charges. I don't know if that means downgrading charges or upgrading.

Old 09-09-2018, 07:18 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,762 times
And this is one of the reasons why I never open the door to any stranger.

In this kind of case when a cop is banging on the door and shouting outside I will call 911 and check if they really sent a cop to my address.
If the answer is yes - I will ask for a warrant.
If the answer is no - I will ask them to send a patrol and I will chamber my AK-47.

Old 09-09-2018, 07:34 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
And this is one of the reasons why I never open the door to any stranger.

In this kind of case when a cop is banging on the door and shouting outside I will call 911 and check if they really sent a cop to my address.
If the answer is yes - I will ask for a warrant.
If the answer is no - I will ask them to send a patrol and I will chamber my AK-47.
You won't have enough time to do that if they take a battering ram to your door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies