Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2018, 05:27 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,805,770 times

Advertisements

Conservatives, are you in favor of overturning Roe V. Wade and Same-Sex Marriage? (abortions, v)

Not the place of SCOTUS to be involved. States' rights. That said, what's done is done. Now stop sending crap to SCOTUS that you can't get your elected officials to do for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2018, 05:40 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Some crazy conservatives would argue principle over politics....what a bunch of crazy old timers. Principles, lol.

Wish I could prove it, but only time will tell, I think abortion and gay marriage are here to stay. Yes Trump won, Yes the Senate and House are both Republicans, yes the SCOTUS just leaned to the right, but lets be honest with ourselves, the nation as a WHOLE is moving toward liberalism. The past few years have just been a minor bump on the road, liberals are still winning the long game.
I hope you are right. Usually on culture issues - the people lead and the government follows. I hope this is still the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
It IS twisted, but who am I to get in the way of Liberals eating their young?
It's sweet that you think conservatives don't get abortions.

Old 10-11-2018, 06:04 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,552,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Not destroyed, but watch the first episode of If These Walls Could Talk 2, and you'll see how it could cause a lot of unnecessary pain and suffering. Legal issues aside, though, are you prepared to say the same thing to straight people? That they should give up that privilege because their lives "will not be destroyed"?
Hetrosexual marriage is the foundation of our society......PERIOD.

Old 10-11-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I hope you are right. Usually on culture issues - the people lead and the government follows. I hope this is still the case.

It's sweet that you think conservatives don't get abortions.
Not very many. We actually RESPECT and VALUE life over self-centered narcissism.

Buy, hey, if Liberals want to eat their own, thereby keeping them off the voter roles, why would I object.

Old 10-11-2018, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Conservatives, are you in favor of overturning Roe V. Wade and Same-Sex Marriage? (abortions, v)

Not the place of SCOTUS to be involved. States' rights. That said, what's done is done. Now stop sending crap to SCOTUS that you can't get your elected officials to do for you.
Exactly, except in a few rare cases, infanticide is a State, not Federal, issue.

Old 10-11-2018, 06:13 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,187 times
No kill your babies and marry your dishwasher for all I care. You will never shut up so I will learn to ignore you.

Old 10-11-2018, 06:13 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
First trimester abortions only. If you are not intelligent enough to know that you are pregnant within a couple weeks of conception, you probably ought not to be having sex. The big turning point for me was when, as I was cleaning up after an abortion just performed by the doctor I worked for, I washed a tiny spine down the sink drain. I knew beyond question that that was a person I was flushing down the drain, and quit my job the next day.

First trimester ONLY is as far as I'll stray outside my belief that abortion is murder.
Don't they only do late-term abortions if the fetus is dead, or brain dead? I thought it was only for extreme circumstances anyway?

What if the baby is dead and poisoning the mom? Things like that.

Old 10-11-2018, 06:41 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Don't they only do late-term abortions if the fetus is dead, or brain dead? I thought it was only for extreme circumstances anyway?

What if the baby is dead and poisoning the mom? Things like that.

Okay. I might have mentioned extenuating circumstances. My bad.

My problem with special cases is the slippery slope thing. Draw a line and some idiot wants to step over it.

Old 10-11-2018, 06:42 PM

9,431 posts, read 5,194,093 times
No.

Old 10-11-2018, 06:55 PM

9,431 posts, read 5,194,093 times
[quote=KayAnn246;53023326]Agree. Some on the right swear they know about women, minorities, gay people and people of different religious groups. The party with the least amount of those diverse people. They are hypocrites. They should not be trusted. Not all but the extreme right are dangerous to our society and rights as women and minority groups. There are many on the right that try to make this country a better place even though they have different views. But there is the right that tries to push their own negative agenda at all costs, no matter the price or morals compromised.

Now time for the right winged white older males to dispute it.[/QUOTE

Wow. Project much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies