Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 08:27 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,452,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
People may not love Trump but at least they like themselves.
Most don't want to damage their own prosperity.
The economy is cyclical. It's going to flip. This can be delayed and the effects can be mitigated but it will inevitably go into 'correction'.

Whomever occupies the white house will be blamed by the general public for this drop off, whether reasonable of not. It will happen. If Trump serves two full terms it will happen while he is president.

Trump came into a growing economy already somewhat long in the tooth, and it has continued to go strong, but it seems like many Trump supporters didn't believe the economic reports until January of 2017, so they must think he is a miracle worker. He's not that good.

The last previous administration was looking for signs of wage growth, it is an important desired affect of a strengthening economy. We are 18+ months into the current administration and still we have not seen any telling nudge in wage growth, and this administration is unconcerned. All of the growing GDP is being sucked up by the 1%, Trump's real people. This is a long term serious problem, especially so when the next recession hits and so many people are unprepared.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
^Trump fans, ladies and gentlemen.

You think Donald Trump doesn’t act upper class? What do you think upper class means??

If you think it means having lucid thought and being cognizant, then, yes—Trump is not.
Well said.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:33 AM

21,096 posts, read 19,701,602 times
What I love about Trump is that he gave up the security of his lavish, self-indulgent lifestyle to try and help solve some of our nation’s pressing problems. He gave hope to a lot of Americans who became discontent, apathetic, and tuned-out of politics. He brought up issues that other politicians would’t touch. He spoke from the heart, even though it revealed personal flaws, which all of us, if equally honest, would also reveal. He does not measure every utterance to insure political correctness, even though it often comes off as harsh, the same as it would for all of us if we spoke without inhibition.

I love his incredible accomplishments outside of politics. He lived the American dream. He made a widely-respected brand out of his name. He dreamt big, HUGE! He provided Americans with a sense of greatness in all his undertakings. Second best was not good enough for him.

I love that he became President without any prior polical or military experience, something no other President has done. Do we realize how incredible this is?...how American this is? I love that despite all the establishment people that he has had to surround himelf with upon becoming President (due to lack of non-establishment options), he still presses, does not get discouraged, and even seems to be emboldened.

I love that he has made fools of the liberal news media, who feel it is their job to push their liberal agenda instead of doing what they should: report the news. Period. We don’t need them to tell us their personal opinions. We don’t need them to take snippet of Trump’s speech out of context and twist it into a lie. Trump’s ability to make their deception transparent will be a legacy to democracy.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:34 AM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
We love President Trump. We understand he isn't perfect, as no one is. That said, there are of those who believe he has done nothing wrong and we will never abandon him. I don't care what the so called 'mainstream' media purports!

Until I see evidence of wrongdoing, I will not change my mind.
Thank you for proclaiming your undying love and affection.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:36 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,085,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Libertarians, unlike most people, are intellectually and morally consistent enough to strongly oppose Bush's, Obama's, AND Trump's massive growing of the debt and deficit.

While I have some Libertarian leanings, I don't consider myself to officially be a Libertarian.

That being said, the poster I was responding to is most definitely not a Libertarian.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:37 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,919,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
You obviously don't know any libertarians.

Oh--and Rand, while having some libertarian leanings, is most certainly not one.
I rest my case.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:38 AM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
What I love about Trump is that he gave up the security of his lavish, self-indulgent lifestyle to try and help solve some of our nation’s pressing problems. He gave hope to a lot of Americans who became discontent, apathetic, and tuned-out of politics. He brought up issues that other politicians would’t touch. He spoke from the heart, even though it revealed personal flaws, which all of us, if equally honest, would also reveal. He does not measure every utterance to insure political correctness, even though it often comes off as harsh, the same as it would for all of us if we spoke without inhibition.

I love his incredible accomplishments outside of politics. He lived the American dream. He made a widely-respected brand out of his name. He dreamt big, HUGE! He provided Americans with a sense of greatness in all his undertakings. Second best was not good enough for him.

I love that he became President without any prior polical or military experience, something no other President has done. Do we realize how incredible this is?...how American this is? I love that despite all the establishment people that he has had to surround himelf with upon becoming President (due to lack of non-establishment options), he still presses, does not get discouraged, and even seems to be emboldened.

I love that he has made fools of the liberal news media, who feel it is their job to push their liberal agenda instead of doing what they should: report the news. Period. We don’t need them to tell us their personal opinions. We don’t need them to take snippet of Trump’s speech out of context and twist it into a lie. Trump’s ability to make their deception transparent will be a legacy to democracy.
Gave up his lavish lifestyle? hahahahahaha. So Mar-Largo and his other golf communities are like third world countries? This is such a funny post. Thanks for my Saturday laugh.

He became a president with no prior political experience. Yet when Obama became President after being an obscure senator, many on the right had a hissy.

So those on Fox News should keep their opinions to themselves? You may want to share that little tidbit with Hannity and Carlson. Oh, and don't forget Limbaugh, lol.

Yeah, Trump is the greatest. He's so damn insecure he can't get anything done for going on Twitter rages every damn day.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
The main thing I like about Trump is that Democrats hate him.
This post says much more about you and people like you than about Trump.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:45 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,295,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
And you are joined by 48% of likely voters.

NeverTrumpers don't count because they will scatter their votes all over the political rainbow.
Where are you getting these numbers from? Politics 538 has Trump at a 40% approval rating. Realclearpolitics has him at 41%. Hardly, signifies an "amazing popularity".

More descriptive of a one term President.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:50 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,085,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
How will you ever know?

What sources do you trust to inform you?

Put it this way.

If you had actual video of Trump drowning puppies in radioactive waste....

It still wouldn't make me vote for a Liberal Democrat.

To date, there is no actual evidence that shows Trump is guilty of so much as jaywalking.

Paying off Stormy Daniels isn't illegal.

Firing Comey wasn't obstruction of justice.

A private meeting with a foreign leader is not treason.

Trump's only "crime* was winning an election that he wasn't supposed to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies