Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 10:57 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Last I checked we don't live under a dictatorship.
Tomorrow is another day....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2018, 10:59 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
That’s right
Of course it is. Sick puppies don't give a **** about other sick puppies.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:00 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,621,263 times
Quote:
Trump says he could use MILITARY to build his wall if Congress won't fund it through DHS | Daily Mail Online

I say it is high time. What does he have to lose?! Build it and build it now. Steam roll over Democrats if they won’t cooperate. It’s really sad what the Democrats have become.
Why do you need the Democrats for? Trump and the GOP control all of the branches of government.
You guys run the show now so stop blaming the Democrats for your inability to fulfill a campaign promise!

Old 09-08-2018, 11:02 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, I voted Trump, but I think the "wall" is not a good idea.

I believe military should be used to defend the border, but they should not be used as the manual labor to build the wall.
If the Marines are used to guard American embassies, then military can be used to defend the border. All these being said, they are not manual labors. sheesh

It's disappointing reading these kinds of comments when I have posted several links proving that the good walls do work. A physical barrier helps the Border Patrol do their jobs more effectively. From what I understand the military is not authorized to act as Border Patrol personnel.

There are those in the military that do know construction also.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:02 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Don't think it is legal for him to do that. Someone will sue and a court will block it. Case would not be settled for years.
This. ^^^
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-08-2018, 11:03 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,985,515 times
Even if he could use the military (which is far from certain), where would the money for raw materials and to purchase the necessary land come from?

He’s just being a blowhard again.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:06 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Why do you need the Democrats for? Trump and the GOP control all of the branches of government.
You guys run the show now so stop blaming the Democrats for your inability to fulfill a campaign promise!
Your statement shows you’re either ignorant or dishonest, or both. Do you understand that it takes 60 votes in the Senate to normally pass legislation?

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's disappointing reading these kinds of comments when I have posted several links proving that the good walls do work. A physical barrier helps the Border Patrol do their jobs more effectively. From what I understand the military is not authorized to act as Border Patrol personnel.

There are those in the military that do know construction also.
I see nothing wrong with his using the military but I do disagree with you (which is rare) I am just not convinced a wall will be much help.

Now while all of you debate this and other issues I am going to take my bath, put on my new football T shirt and enjoy some Sat afternoon football!!!!!

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Even if he could use the military (which is far from certain), where would the money for raw materials and to purchase the necessary land come from?

He’s just being a blowhard again.

Where's there's a will there's a way. We have a lot of unnecessary spending in the budget. Nothing blowhard about wanting to secure our border.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:07 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
It’s amusing to hear the DemonRats complain about the wall being a waste of money when they’ve never been opposed to spending money before.

No, the real reason they oppose it is because they know it will work. While they complain about foreign influence in elections, their entire electoral strategy is importing as many Hispanics as possible to influence elections.
We have major heroin epidemics in numerous cities right now...this proves the drugs are getting in consistently, despite the heavy security at the border. what makes you think building a big wall will achieve anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies