Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 01:37 PM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times

Advertisements

I hope it does happen and not because I'm a Democrat. It restores the system of checks and balances our forefather envisioned when they created our government. It's never healthy when one party controls the House, Senate, Presidency and Supreme Court. And I felt this way when the Dems had all the power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 01:48 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I hope it does happen and not because I'm a Democrat. It restores the system of checks and balances our forefather envisioned when they created our government. It's never healthy when one party controls the House, Senate, Presidency and Supreme Court. And I felt this way when the Dems had all the power.
How about...who ever wins the Presidency is required to take the runner up as Vice President?

There s your auto Bi Partisan USA Administration

Old 09-11-2018, 03:26 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,540,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Thats is what I am afraid of. Doing everything in their power to destroy Trump..no matter how many Americans lives get ruined in the process.

You know just like Republicans did with Obama when they took back the house in 2010. Who can forget dirty McConnell proclaiming that their #1 goal was to make Obama a 1 term President!!!

Old 09-11-2018, 03:37 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times
Talking So, do we know what the dems will do IF they take back the house?

They'll irritate the loudmouth hate radio jocks like Limbaugh, Hannity, Levin, etc.

Trumplings will send their already maxed out anger meters into the stratosphere.

It could prove to be very interesting.

Old 09-11-2018, 04:03 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,619,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
You know just like Republicans did with Obama when they took back the house in 2010. Who can forget dirty McConnell proclaiming that their #1 goal was to make Obama a 1 term President!!!
And remember when that idiot beta cuc closed down the entire federal government because he was pouting because he didnt get his way?

Old 09-11-2018, 04:10 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,162,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Why does anyone think the Democrats will take back the House, aside from the same so-called "experts" who wrongly predicted that Hillary Clinton would beat Donald Trump easily and quite severely now breathlessly insisting that the Democrats are going to win the House?

There needs to be a better reason than this for people to believe these sorts of predictions.

DEM hopes are all hot air..........red tide on the way.......people, even really stupid people vote their wallet.....and everybody is getting some nice trickle down these days.....they know it all ends when the libs weigh in............

Old 09-11-2018, 04:20 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
How about...who ever wins the Presidency is required to take the runner up as Vice President?

There s your auto Bi Partisan USA Administration
As you may know, we had exactly this until 1804 when the 12th Amendment was enacted. It did not work out so well. It's kind of like saying the Crips beat the Bloods in a gang war, so we'll make the Blood's leader 2nd in command of the Crips. What could possibly go wrong?

Old 09-11-2018, 04:22 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
DEM hopes are all hot air..........red tide on the way.......people, even really stupid people vote their wallet.....and everybody is getting some nice trickle down these days.....they know it all ends when the libs weigh in............
There are around 48 competitive races, the democrats need to flip 25 so not really hot air.

Old 09-11-2018, 04:28 PM

435 posts, read 175,928 times
Oh, there will definitely be a red-wave, the Dems are toast. If you are GOP, I wouldn't even waste time voting because so many other Republicans will be voting anyway, you got this.

I hear a couple seats around San Francisco may flip red

Old 09-11-2018, 04:36 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cofor View Post
Oh, there will definitely be a red-wave, the Dems are toast. If you are GOP, I wouldn't even waste time voting because so many other Republicans will be voting anyway, you got this.

I hear a couple seats around San Francisco may flip red
If you are a Dem supporter who actually makes it to the polls for the midterms, don't forget to bring your votor ID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies