Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 11:09 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,749,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofor View Post
Isn't this actually what Trump did? Why do Trump and his people always project what he actually does onto others?
Yes Trump "found Jesus" just as he was running for President. How convenient is that? He's running for the GOP and he's not going to be electable if he can't win the Bible thumpers' votes.

Obama always was a Christian, but it's a liberal denomination that the fundies don't consider to be true Christians.

Old 09-12-2018, 01:17 PM

20,956 posts, read 8,587,397 times
Quote:
I agree 100%, just treat everyone the same. I am surrounded by churches in my municipality, at the very least they should be paying property taxes. I wish our municipality would put a cap on churches moving in. We need taxpaying businesses or residents, not churches that don't contribute.
Right - no double dip, but pay your way.....real estate taxes, taxes on building permits and personal property (cars, etc. like in many states).

Also, contributions from individuals to a church should be just like them giving gifts to their children - limited and not tax deductible. Look at Mitt Romney - gets away with giving the USA less money because he gives the wealthy Mormons so much.

Mormonism is a business if there ever was one! They own MILLIONS of acres and have cities (not for them, for anyone...development) of 1/2 a million planned. They pollute heavily with their cattle. Since they are "private" we can't know the full extent, but we do know of up to a million acres in just Florida alone.

You don't become that "spiritual" on passing a plate around.....

I hate to state the obvious, but this entire country is one big sham....a con, as are many of the churches when they get involved in business. Pretty soon you look around and you wonder who IS paying the taxes?

And then the answer dawns on you.....we are not. Debt and deficit is paying our way so we can give a break to the churches and mosques.

Old 09-12-2018, 02:32 PM

30,567 posts, read 21,736,528 times
Quote:
Isn't this actually what Trump did? Why do Trump and his people always project what he actually does onto others?
So, you saying Trump and Obama are the same So you know Obama is as scummy as Trump!

Old 09-12-2018, 02:38 PM

30,567 posts, read 21,736,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Yes Trump "found Jesus" just as he was running for President. How convenient is that? He's running for the GOP and he's not going to be electable if he can't win the Bible thumpers' votes.

Obama always was a Christian, but it's a liberal denomination that the fundies don't consider to be true Christians.
" Obama always was a Christian"? Can you even get your facts right about your Hero? Obama did not become a Christian until he moved to Chicago, and became a Parishioner of the "liberal" Reverand Wright

Old 09-12-2018, 05:30 PM

1,261 posts, read 561,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Likewise, but I don't see the day soon where a non Christian becomes President, other than Obama who became a Christian to win in politics.
America ever electing a non-Christian president is end of America.

Old 09-12-2018, 05:32 PM

1,261 posts, read 561,798 times
Quote:
Yes I know Obama's brand of Christianity isn't considered to be true Christianity by the right-wing evangelicals.
There is no true or wrong Christianity. Mormonism and Jehovas Witnesses are cults due to denying the main core of Christianity - the divinity and trinity of Christ. Those are the only false “sects”.

Old 09-12-2018, 05:35 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,828,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Shouldn’t a religious institution be revoked its tax exemption.....

You can stop right there. The fact it's religious organization has nothing to do with their tax exempt status, they follow the same IRS rules as any other non profit. Any laws affecting them would have to be equally applied to all non profits.

Old 09-12-2018, 05:41 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,828,507 times
Quote:
I agree 100%, just treat everyone the same. I am surrounded by churches in my municipality, at the very least they should be paying property taxes.

You can do this however this would also apply to the property of a Little League or any youth sports organization as one example. Any non profit that holds property in your community would have to be subject to this tax.

Old 09-12-2018, 05:44 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,557,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
America ever electing a non-Christian president is end of America.
Why??????

Old 09-12-2018, 05:50 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,416,578 times
Quote:

Do you mean this church of Obama? The one he tried to "forgot" about when discovered? They are displaying everything said by you guys about Christians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAfy5PFJwcg

It get's really good around 1 min. LAWL.

Such double always standards on display about Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies