Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 09:48 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
The fake news press can't even refrain from play politics and attacking President Trump on such day as this.
Nor can the leftist despisers here.
Oh please. As others have pointed out, Crooked Trump's first tweet of the day was political.

You Crooked Trump lovers just do not want to see that he is a disgusting POS. Open your eyes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 09:51 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Why not comment on Trump's actual speech? Could it be that the criticism stems from the very non-PC nature of the speech?

From today's speech:

"On September 11th, 2001, a band of brave patriots turned the tide on our nations enemies, and joined the immortal ranks of American heroes.

At this memorial, on this sacred earth, in the field beyond this wall, and in the skies above our heads, we remember the moment when America fought back.

(Snip)

"In the last 20 minutes, many placed their final calls home, whispering those eternal words: I love you. Some said the Lords Prayer. And then they bravely charged the cockpit. They attacked the enemy. They fought until the very end. And they stopped the forces of terror and defeated this wicked, horrible, evil plan.

Flight 93 crashed yards from where we stand, just 20 minutes flying time from the United States Capitol."

(Snip)

"This field is now a monument to American defiance. This memorial is now a message to the world: America will never, ever submit to tyranny. (Applause.)

Since September 11th, nearly 5.5 million young Americans have enlisted in the United States Armed Forces. Nearly 7,000 service members have died facing down the menace of radical Islamic terrorism."
Because he disgraced this sacred day by making it about himself and attacking people on twitter when this day should not be about him. He's a disgrace by putting his personal feelings before the men and women who lost their lives in 911. I don't care what he said later. A little too late.

Old 09-11-2018, 10:09 PM

23,543 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
TDR sufferers can't even take 9/11 off from making every damn thing about Donald Trump.
Their reasoning for that seems to be -- he tweeted. Yep, it's all his fault that they are whining. Here's a novel idea for the haters ..... don't read his twitter if you feel you can't handle it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I guess you were ok with Trump using Twitter to attack people this morning and barely mentioning 9/11.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump went on the attack with his tweets this morning.. I know we should be used to this but couldn't he just show respect and refrain on this day. Just take this day off. Sit on your hands or something. That would have been the decent and honorable think to do.
'Trump attacking people" and 'Trump hardly mentioning 9/11' .. really?

Starting from the first tweet of the day and continuing on to the last tweet of the day ..

1. He tweeted saying that there was 'no collusion between Trump-Russia but plenty of collusion between FBI&DOJ, hillary camaign, foreign spies and Russia' - (sounds like news to me}

2. He tweeted saying that he was signing a Proclamation designating 'Patriot Day 2018'.

3. He tweeted about the new strzok-page texts - (sounds like news to me)

4. He tweeted about holder and the DOJ - (not news)

5. He tweeted giving Giuliani a pat on the back for what he did as Mayor during 9/11

6. A 9/11 tweet, saying that they were leaving DC to go to Pennsylvania

7. A tweet about 9/11

8. A tweet with video about 9/11

9. A tweet about "small business optimism"

10. A tweet about the safety of the people (hurricane)

11. Another 9/11 tweet with video

12. And another 9/11 tweet with video

13. About comey and his leaker friend
14. A tweet that is a continuation of tweet #13

15.A tweet about maxine's threats to impeach both Trump and Pence (sounds like news to me)

hmmmm. Tons of 9/11 tweets and very few, actually only one, "attack" tweets. Seems the lefties are just using his tweets as an excuse to act like idiots

Old 09-11-2018, 10:14 PM

1,676 posts, read 1,534,347 times
Trump is trash, more at 11.

Old 09-11-2018, 10:36 PM

31,025 posts, read 22,064,322 times
On 9/11 We were attacked by members of a religion that Dems say is no different than Christianity, and they Scream Trump is evil. 95% of all Terrorist organizations identified in the world today are Islamist, not Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Budist, or even Secular Humanist, and Trump is the evil one Ill take Trump

Old 09-11-2018, 11:05 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,708,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
On 9/11 We were attacked by members of a religion that Dems say is no different than Christianity, and they Scream Trump is evil. 95% of all Terrorist organizations identified in the world today are Islamist, not Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Budist, or even Secular Humanist, and Trump is the evil one Ill take Trump
Yet Trump loves the Saudis? It's all a shell game and even Trump himself is a pawn. He is a lost soul and a man-baby. He makes America tired.

Even though I find him repulsive, I do feel sorry for him because he doesn't know what he is doing nor why is is doing anything he does, nor can he control himself. He completely lacks self control.

Old 09-11-2018, 11:12 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Why not comment on Trump's actual speech? Could it be that the criticism stems from the very non-PC nature of the speech?

From today's speech:

"On September 11th, 2001, a band of brave patriots turned the tide on our nations enemies, and joined the immortal ranks of American heroes.

At this memorial, on this sacred earth, in the field beyond this wall, and in the skies above our heads, we remember the moment when America fought back.

(Snip)

"In the last 20 minutes, many placed their final calls home, whispering those eternal words: I love you. Some said the Lords Prayer. And then they bravely charged the cockpit. They attacked the enemy. They fought until the very end. And they stopped the forces of terror and defeated this wicked, horrible, evil plan.

Flight 93 crashed yards from where we stand, just 20 minutes flying time from the United States Capitol."

(Snip)

"This field is now a monument to American defiance. This memorial is now a message to the world: America will never, ever submit to tyranny. (Applause.)

Since September 11th, nearly 5.5 million young Americans have enlisted in the United States Armed Forces. Nearly 7,000 service members have died facing down the menace of radical Islamic terrorism."
He stuck to the script and did not seek to make it all about Trump.

The physical antics upon his arrival at this solemn occasion and following his brief speech were inappropriate. Melania got it right. Pence in NY got it right. Trump, not so much.

Old 09-11-2018, 11:41 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Statism is cancer.

No, it is not.

Cancer is a group of diseases involving abnormal cell growth with the potential to invade or spread to other parts of the body.

Statism is a political system.

Old 09-11-2018, 11:47 PM

31,025 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Yet Trump loves the Saudis? It's all a shell game and even Trump himself is a pawn. He is a lost soul and a man-baby. He makes America tired.

Even though I find him repulsive, I do feel sorry for him because he doesn't know what he is doing nor why is is doing anything he does, nor can he control himself. He completely lacks self control.
And in spite of all of his failings, which I have no problem recognizing, he has brought far less destruction to world then his peace prize winning predecessor!

Old 09-11-2018, 11:55 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I had forgotten his claim on 9/11/2001 that now his building was once again the tallest in lower Manhattan and expressed disappointment the stock exchange closed.
I had forgotten about it as well. Not only was it tasteless, it was false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies