Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 03:08 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Yeah, and why did they have to fiddle around on the antennas if they were just chasing a bad guy?
Could be checking for theft or vandalism.

They've busted govt. worker rings before for embezzlement, selling gov. equipment on ebay etc. lol.

Hard to say, they may have fudged up the investigation which would of course mean they want the story to quietly go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 03:08 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You're setting up a great logical paradigm with your arguments.

You can NEVER believe the government, which sets the stage for you to make any claim you want and then dismiss any contradictory evidence\claims as fake.

It wasn't an attempt at deflection, but rather a mockery of you making such blanket statements about the government always lying....while believing they actually opened the facility back up because the media and govt. told you so.

If you want to see how your little game works from the other side of the fence, dispute the following:

-There is no Solar Observatory there, it's actually a Pizza parlor.
Regardless of your silly links and mockery, I stand by my experienced claim that the more you trust the government, the more naive you are.

Old 09-17-2018, 03:18 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Regardless of your silly links and mockery, I stand by my experienced claim that the more you trust the government, the more naive you are.
Ok, so if I think there is a Pizza Parlor there and you think it's a solar observatory...but we distrust the govt. on everything else that makes me less naive that you?

If you want to make statements like "don't blindly believe the government" then I'm on-board with you but not these sweepingly awful blanket statements.

P.S. I am still chuckling about someone saying you can never trust the government and questioning if I'm American....which I could only prove with government documents.

Old 09-17-2018, 03:41 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,443 times
Quote:
Ok, so if I think there is a Pizza Parlor there and you think it's a solar observatory...but we distrust the govt. on everything else that makes me less naive that you?

If you want to make statements like "don't blindly believe the government" then I'm on-board with you but not these sweepingly awful blanket statements.

P.S. I am still chuckling about someone saying you can never trust the government and questioning if I'm American....which I could only prove with government documents.
I never questioned if you were American. I have no way of knowing where on the planet you live, a point you appear to have overlooked. I was just trying to be polite, which BTW is just the opposite of mockery.

Old 09-17-2018, 04:27 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,880 times
I, for one, welcome our new alien Overlords.

Old 09-17-2018, 06:41 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Tucker Carlson just reported he was told a dangerous man was in the area but the sheriff said he was unaware of that. So no one seems to know anything. But Tucker is on the case so stay tuned!

Old 09-17-2018, 07:11 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Tucker Carlson just reported he was told a dangerous man was in the area but the sheriff said he was unaware of that. So no one seems to know anything. But Tucker is on the case so stay tuned!
He must have been dangerous if they evacuated the town. Strange that they didn't tell the Sheriff who to look out for.

Old 09-17-2018, 07:35 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Oh, they could come up with better. There is just no need to put any effort in it. We have become so accustomed to this type of bunk that they know they can get away with even the flimsiest of explanations.
Unless you have been up on that mountain top, you don't know that for a fact at all.

There's only a single one-lane road that everyone must use. That can make escape difficult for the perp, but it can also cause him to become more dangerous. When no one can leave town fast, hostages are easier to grab.

Don't try to second-judge the locals. Ever. They know the territory and you don't. AND neither do I, even though I've been in Los Alamos and some other New Mexican towns with a single road in and out of them.

Old 09-17-2018, 10:11 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
I second that!!

Its funny so many people call those who believe in conspiracy theories to be wearing tin foil hats, but they dont realize, those who believe Govt are the ones who are allowing themselves to be duped/brainwashed/conditioned...Its what the term 'conspiracy theory(ist)' was used for by the CIA, this is a fact. They expect many people to mindlessly believe what Govt tells them (just like good little obedient subjects).LOL

Old 09-18-2018, 04:02 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Considering the proximity to 9-11, this is a reasonable suspicion.

Right, I can see why a solar observatory would be high on a terrorist hit-list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Could have something to do with the hantavirus. It occurs naturally in that area. Far-fetched, but so is everything else so far.

The hantavirus is only problematic when an unusual wet-season exists, and those are few and far between.

The wet-season results in the proliferation of the mice that carry the virus. The mice get into living areas, leaving the virus in their urine and feces, and the mere act of cleaning can result in the virus becoming airborne, where it enters the body through the respiratory tract.

Medicine men of the Hopi, Navajo and other tribes in the southwest have "recorded" mass out-breaks going back several centuries, but they're sporadic, because it's heavily dependent on conditions in during the wet-season.

The Forensic Files TV show has an episode about an out-break that I believe took place in the 1990s. There's an off-shoot of the virus in the Koreas, and a lot of US servicemen died during the Korean War from hantavirus or complications thereof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies