Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 09:04 AM

6,750 posts, read 3,365,850 times

Advertisements

I saw that video and it was the sorriest bunch of snowflakes I've ever see. They probably had to squeegee the floor to get rid of all the liberal tears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 09:06 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
It's amazing the CEO of Google was literally crying over crooked Hillary Clinton.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:08 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
this is great. The Left CONSTANTLY complains about big corporation influence in the elections but completely over the top favor big tech companies aiding their side anyway they can.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:09 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
This is different than just having political views . They pretty much control the internet.
The typical right wing response to any concerns aired about the business practices of companies (cake bakers, internet providers, retail giants, or whatever) is "if you don't like it, don't buy their product".

I did not agree with that stance before, and I still don't. But if you said that to people who didn't support the cake bakers, or if you mocked people who were FOR net neutrality, then you don't get to change your view now, just because it fits your agenda.

I don't know (or care) if this applies to you personally, but it does apply to a lot of people. I am not happy about this, but they got what they asked for.

As for Google, they are entitled to their opinions, but I do agree they have a responsibility to be neutral, just based on the immense influence they can wield. I don't think they broke any laws, but I do think they could have done better. (Even if I share their views)

EDIT: I noticed the source is Brietbart. Isn't the GOP SOP to discredit anything, even if it's a video of something that happened, if it is communciated on a source you don't like. If the left were to follow that, this would be automatically fake news. That being said, I did not watch the whole thing, I "spot checked" it, but it seemed more to me like they were (understandably) concerned about the future of our country, and they were simply saying they would use their capability to make sure truth got out. What is so wrong with that? It has turned out now, almost two years later, that their concerns were valid. Trump has started to chip away at much of what makes America Great, like freedom of the press, free speech, peaceful transfer of power, civil rights, inclusion in the American Dream, and so much more.

While it may not be "a good look" for some, I am glad to see that there are still people in power who believe in America, and put country before their own personal gain. Maybe Trump could learn from that example.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:09 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,287,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Clip here of the Google CFO breaking down in tears talking about the election results .
Wow .

https://mobile.twitter.com/Breitbart...99870063570944
He's an immigrant and a refugee. Clearly he had something to worry about for those like himself.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:12 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
I totally get why they're worried, they use a crap ton of H 1B visas. Notice they talk about it in the video. They are the epidemy of global. They want a free flow of workers from anywhere they choose in and out of the U.S. They choose a worldwide base, and don't generally hire locally. Of course, they favored Clinton, that's a no-brainer.

But, that doesn't mean that it's good for America. Truth is, they don't really care what's good for America, they care what's good for Google. America is pumping out college students that need a job, and we need companies here to hire them. Other countries have the same problem with Google as we do.
Yeah exactly . And who knows the backroom deals and promises that Clinton made to them behind closed doors . They seemed to be quite cozy .

The Clintons close relationship with Google goes back years and they would even use Google’s jet as well .

Link : https://www.businessinsider.com/wiki...intons-2016-11

Old 09-13-2018, 09:19 AM

3,839 posts, read 3,065,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Anyone with a brain was dismayed at Trumps election.

This would rule out most run-of-the-mill liberals then.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:20 AM

2,359 posts, read 1,034,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post

I saw that video and it was the sorriest bunch of snowflakes I've ever see. They probably had to squeegee the floor to get rid of all the liberal tears.

Not sure I've ever seen a sorrier pack of sniveling sad sacks in one place. If you didn't know it was genuine, you'd would have thought it to be a poor parody of some obscure social involvement group. Except they were working with a really poorly written script.

Truth be told...I didn't bother to watch the whole video. How much whining self-pity coming from a bunch of self-worshipping, preening self-appointed arbiters of socio-governmental policy can a normal person stand, anyhow?

Old 09-13-2018, 09:24 AM

29,469 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Those "dorks" probably make 2-4x what you do. At least you have your laughter though.

There are many that make more than I, they can still be laughed at though. I lump these types into the "ra ra cheerleader" type of employee, something that seems to have become a big part of companies the past 15-20 years. To each their own though, I just have always found those types annoying and laughable.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:27 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
T

EDIT: I noticed the source is Brietbart. Isn't the GOP SOP to discredit anything, even if it's a video of something that happened,

Google has admitted the video is real. You can view it for yourself if you don't believe it. It speaks for itself. It also makes the rest of your argument moot.

You should be asking, why isn't CNN, WaPo, and the NYT covering it or uncovering it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies