Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2008, 03:11 PM

69 posts, read 87,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Then show some good science, don't just talk about it.

I'm not the one saying homosexuals are born that way. But I've certainly provided links to studies that support my position, and that is, environment plays a part in same-sex attraction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 03:12 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrip View Post
I'm concerned about the direction our nation is taking and I'm also concerned about judges and mayors doing whatever they can to wipe out the will of the people (California's Prop 22).

For any social experiments, we should base our decisions on solid science.
Your science comes from "scientists" who are looking for/making up evidence to support thier views, not unbiased researchers.

So do you believe the "science" of rabid anti-gay bigot Paul Cameron? He puts out his home made stats about gay people that are right up there with the anti-Jewish Nazi literature.

So what would you have come of my family? Children taken away, my partner and I imprisoned? Would that make you happy? Or do you just fine enjoyment knowing our children don't have the same protection in their family as theri peers? Or is it enough that if one of us dies, the other will be screwed financially in taxes? How difficult would you care to make our lives, if you had your way?

Old 06-11-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
I'm not the one saying homosexuals are born that way. But I've certainly provided links to studies that support my position, and that is, environment plays a part in same-sex attraction.
There's not absolute proof either way, but as a gay man, I know this: I didn't choose to be gay, and nothing out of the ordinary happened in my childhood to cause it. In fact, I grew up with two parents whow were strict evangelical Christians.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Your science comes from "scientists" who are looking for/making up evidence to support thier views, not unbiased researchers.
If that's what you think then you haven't really read the information at the links I've posted. I've also posted links and statements from scientists who also happen to be gay.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
There's not absolute proof either way, but as a gay man, I know this: I didn't choose to be gay
I have never said you or any homosexual chose to be gay unless that person (or group) admitted choosing to be gay (the link posted earlier).

Old 06-11-2008, 03:23 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
What do your posts have to do with gay marriage being legal?

Old 06-11-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
If that's what you think then you haven't really read the information at the links I've posted. I've also posted links and statements from scientists who also happen to be gay.
What? Do you honestly think I'm going to read your "science" and then think, "Hey, I guess I did choose to be gay. I think I'll turn heterosexual, drive home, end my relationship with my partner of 13 years and walk out on our kids"? I have no need for junk science.

Why don't you answer my questions? Are you secretly gay and self loathing? Secretly jealous of those of us who have the guts to live our lives openly and true to ourselves? I'm not accusing, just asking since you're so obsessed with gay people

And how far would do you think this country should go in inconveniencing gay people? Make it a crime? Punishable by death? A midemeanor? What's your point?

Old 06-11-2008, 05:47 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
Environment...hmm...well I've gone to gay bars countless times, COUNTLESS, & my best friend is gay. Meaning, I spend almost all of my time w/him. Yet, I am not gay. Strange.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:59 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,610,547 times
Quote:
Perhaps you are right as I certainly haven't seen anything but personal attacks from some here.
Why do you think about gays so much? I don't know too many people absorbed in the sexual lives of others [actually I don't know anybody as transfixed as you on homosexuality]. Clinically you are diagnosable but you must seek help on your own volition.

This preoccupation is not healthy, bro

Old 06-11-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What do your posts have to do with gay marriage being legal?
My posts are to help others understand what real science, some of the science completed by gay scientists, actually says about same-sex attraction.

Simon LeVay and Douglas Haldeman, both gay scientists themselves, believe homosexuals should have the opportunity to seek reorientation (or reparative) therapy if they want the help.

Change is indeed possible. From the People Can Change website, the page Is Change Really Possible? (http://www.peoplecanchange.com/Is_Change_Possible.htm - broken link) says:
Absolutely! We testify from our own personal experience that we have experienced profound change in our sexual identity, behavior, interests and desires -- change that has brought us great peace and satisfaction. (See: About Us: Our Stories (http://www.peoplecanchange.com/About_Us.htm - broken link))

Those who seek change should have the opportunity to seek help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies