Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2008, 04:31 PM

200 posts, read 121,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
10% is built in to every population? That's quite a design there...
Well, you do afterall believe that every single human on the planet is descendent from two white (atleast that's how they're represented in most bibles) people named Adam & Eve.

Hey, I've always wondered, if Adam & Eve were the first man and first woman and had two kids (Kane and Abel), who did Kane and Abel have kids with?

Their mom? Because wouldn't that be incest, something that god would disapprove of too.

And also, considering that you believe in the story of Noah's arc - that Noah actually gathered between 1.5 and 1.8 million species (3 to 3.2 million considering each was male/female) from across the globe, and then fit them on a ship the size of a sailboat, I don't think you're in any position to question anything.

And you think a 10% homosexual population observable in a number of species (which it is, why don't you do some research) is incredulous.

You believe in fairy tales. I believe in reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchman View Post
Who said marriage was a right?

Civil unions may be a civil right, but not marriage.
I say it's a right. Why gays (who had no choice over their valid, alternative sexual orientation) should be denied the exact same benefits that straights have (including the name marrige) is beyond me.

Giving gays civil unions often don't include all of the same benefits that's awarded to heterosexual married couples. Who are you to tell me I don't deserve all of these benefits?

Old 04-04-2008, 04:41 PM

413 posts, read 781,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trnmeon View Post
Giving gays civil unions often don't include all of the same benefits that's awarded to heterosexual married couples. Who are you to tell me I don't deserve all of these benefits?
Jay Barth says:

Quote:
Most gay rights activists take a hard line in their quest for so-called marriage equality, while lawmakers in about a dozen states are taking a more pragmatic approach — opting for the legal protections and financial benefits of matrimony without the title, according to Jay Barth, professor of politics at Hendrix College in Conway, Ark.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:43 PM

The fact remains, civil unions (as they're recognized) only award a fraction of the benefits of marriage.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:00 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,874,205 times
They shouldnt get any of the benefits awarded to hetrosexuals because the majority in our society have decided against it. When adopting a child they should consider that as a society we have decided we want our children whether biological or adopted to have a mother and father in order to enjoy the benefits that protect families. Hopefully this discourages them from adopting

Old 04-04-2008, 05:01 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,109,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trnmeon View Post
Well, you do afterall believe that every single human on the planet is descendent from two white (atleast that's how they're represented in most bibles) people named Adam & Eve.

Hey, I've always wondered, if Adam & Eve were the first man and first woman and had two kids (Kane and Abel), who did Kane and Abel have kids with?

Their mom? Because wouldn't that be incest, something that god would disapprove of too.

And also, considering that you believe in the story of Noah's arc - that Noah actually gathered between 1.5 and 1.8 million species (3 to 3.2 million considering each was male/female) from across the globe, and then fit them on a ship the size of a sailboat, I don't think you're in any position to question anything.

And you think a 10% homosexual population observable in a number of species (which it is, why don't you do some research) is incredulous.

You believe in fairy tales. I believe in reality.

Your hatred is appalling...I don't think I've every come across anyone so narrow-minded. You have no idea what I believe and obviously haven't read the majority of my posts on this board. I have never said that I believe in the absolute truth of everything in the bible...nor have I used the bible in any of my arguments against gay marriage. Your hatred and bigotry is blinding you...

Being that this thread is going nowhere I'm done with it...

Old 04-04-2008, 05:08 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,068,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
They shouldnt get any of the benefits awarded to hetrosexuals because the majority in our society have decided against it. When adopting a child they should consider that as a society we have decided we want our children whether biological or adopted to have a mother and father in order to enjoy the benefits that protect families. Hopefully this discourages them from adopting

Do you think the majority of the states would have voted out slavery?

Old 04-04-2008, 05:11 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,068,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
I love when anti-Christian bigots attempt to use science to justify their latent and deep-rooted hatred of Christians...and their "lifestyle" choice.

Excuse me -- first I am accused of being a liberal and now anti-Christian! Just because I support equal rights for all -- this is almost as bad as being called an N-word lover back in the 1960s.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:15 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,610,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Homosexuality is not natural, it is induced or it occurs as a natural phenomenon.

It is natural for a species to survive. A homosexual species is not natural because it is impossible for them to propagate. A remote island community of homosexuals would not continue past their individual life-spans... that is not compatible with life.

All other things aside, my contribution to human kind is to further its existence... that is what any other living organism does, correct?

With that said, I see marriage as intellectual of a decision as it is emotional... the union of two natural partners with a unique mutual attraction. This union (ideally) effectively fulfills the desire of 100% of the genders and contributes to the furthering of mankind.... Homosexual marriage can only fulfill half of my definition of marriage, thus I do not encourage homosexuality in any way.
Please tell me you did more on this earth than just procreate. We don't all need to have children. We might have 10% of the population that is gay. I don't know what little island you're living on, but that gay 10% is not going to wipe out the human population.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:18 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,874,205 times
whats slavery got to do with gays trying to cash in on benefits intended for families

Sorry to answer your question with a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Do you think the majority of the states would have voted out slavery?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies