Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2008, 03:07 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
This statement in its self is ignorant. Most people who do not support gay marriage have a valid reason. They are not ignorant simply not accepting. Do you accept polygamy? No one is yelling for their right to marry as many as they want. They don't push that anyone like some gay people are trying to have people accept gay marriage.
Do tell, what is this valid reason?
How is gay marriage affecting you in any way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Because it's not marriage.
So you, or your bible, say so.
Gee, that’s sure a valid reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 03:09 PM

408 posts, read 696,030 times
Quote:
So if we let gays marry can we let polygamist marry to?

Insurt your list here more reasons to allow it.
Personally I really have nothing to say about polygamy. I do not know enough about it to really have an opinion.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:21 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,064,636 times
It seems to me that civil authorities should perform civil unions, whether straight or gay. Religious institution should be allowed to perform marriages for those who fit the criteria of that religious organization. If the Southern Baptists don't want to marry gays or people who dance, that should be their privilege. If the Episcopalians endorse gay marriage, then they should be able to perform them.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:31 PM

200 posts, read 121,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Because it's not marriage.

You presented me with a myth vs. fact sheet...so the "facts" in support of gay marriage are nothing more than rebuttals? I didn't see any valid points there at all.
And what "facts" can you provide to the contrary? No, I'm not talking about religiously influenced, straw man arguments about how gay marriage would undermine heterosexual marriage.

I see nothing valid with the arguments you have proposed against gay marriage.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:36 PM

471 posts, read 1,475,552 times
Who cares about gay marriages?

If they want to get married, let them. I mean, seriously. Stopping them from getting married, is not going to stop them from being together.

It's almost as if you don't want it to exist, yet, you are keeping them in your hair by restricting marriage to only straight. You give them what they want, and they'll shut up and leave the world alone.

It's like that ghetto lady who had 6 kids in the past 5 years. She wants her welfare money. You'd need to listen to her trap running till you give her the food stamps.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:38 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,001,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Do tell, what is this valid reason?
How is gay marriage affecting you in any way?

What is the point of gay marriage? I personally am gay and could careless whether i can marry or not. If a majority of America does not want it im not going to push it. Her for all they gays that would like to marry and have the government accept it here are the countries to move to.

Gay Marriage Rights: Where is Gay Marriage Legal?

To answer you second part it does not affect me. Either does polygamy or bestiality. I also do not here an uproar of people doing God knows what with animals. So if we legalize gay marriage where does it stop? Why deny someone the right to marry a tree? An animal? Multiply people? Gay people are not the only people discriminated against when it comes to marriage.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:38 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,064,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolistraffic View Post
Who cares about gay marriages?

If they want to get married, let them. I mean, seriously. Stopping them from getting married, is not going to stop them from being together.

It's almost as if you don't want it to exist, yet, you are keeping them in your hair by restricting marriage to only straight. You give them what they want, and they'll shut up and leave the world alone.

It's like that ghetto lady who had 6 kids in the past 5 years. She wants her welfare money. You'd need to listen to her trap running till you give her the food stamps.
Except that after 5 years she can't receive "welfare" any more.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:55 PM

408 posts, read 696,030 times
Quote:
What is the point of gay marriage? I personally am gay and could careless whether i can marry or not. If a majority of America does not want it im not going to push it. Her for all they gays that would like to marry and have the government accept it here are the countries to move to.

To answer you second part it does not affect me. Either does polygamy or bestiality. I also do not here an uproar of people doing God knows what with animals. So if we legalize gay marriage where does it stop? Why deny someone the right to marry a tree? An animal? Multiply people? Gay people are not the only people discriminated against when it comes to marriage.
I am disappointed in you.

Old 04-14-2008, 04:04 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:

For a frustrated gay person, the fact that you equate other gay humans to those who practice bestiality or would marry a tree indicates that you have no idea about your own sexuality or reality.

First of all, had you read this thread, these issues have been discussed and dismissed as frivolous and a way to detract from the issue in the OP; secondly, your fear and hatred show more about how you feel about yourself than others.

Old 04-14-2008, 04:04 PM

738 posts, read 1,884,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaShay87 View Post
I am disappointed in you.
Why????
Because his views do not equal yours?
What has he personally done to you, for you to be disappointed in him?
He is intelligent- and he is 100% correct!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies