Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2008, 10:10 PM

408 posts, read 696,054 times

Advertisements

Hehe...just a little funny for me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 10:11 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,970,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Is there evidence to support the Big Bang Theroy?
Since it qualifies as a scientific theory, apparently there is. I'm not well versed in it.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:15 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,001,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiloMike View Post
Where does it say that?

Is an ultimate sacrifice even possible for a divine being? That said, since it was ensured that Jesus would go to heaven and Jesus was made aware of this was the sacrifice really "the ultimate"?
Im not here (nor do i care to) change your mind on the bible or the Christian faith. You can question and interpret the words how ever you would like.

For the first part check out Ephesians 5:21 (start there and go down.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:18 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaShay87 View Post
Hehe...just a little funny for me
With the mood I'm in right now I'm also chuckling a bit. Great gutter minds think alike I suppose!

Old 04-14-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjukken View Post
I agree with MamaBee on the last here.
To marry some is acctuly not a human right.
The SCOTUS (Supreme Court of the United States) disagrees with you. See Loving vs Virgnia, 1967.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
This statement in its self is ignorant. Most people who do not support gay marriage have a valid reason.
What is that valid reason?

Quote:
They are not ignorant simply not accepting.
They can very well be both.

Quote:
Do you accept polygamy?
Yes.

Quote:
No one is yelling for their right to marry as many as they want. They don't push that anyone like some gay people are trying to have people accept gay marriage.
Today gays are in the spotlight. Tomorrow it may be polygamists. Gays have a stronger lobby at the moment.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Gay marriage has nothing to do with the state of marriage of heterosexuals; it is a different issue. Speak for yourself camping, I haven't made a mockery of my vows. Using the immoral actions of some is not a reason to condone immoral actions of another.

Here's a question: Why are civil unions not enough for gays?
Why weren't "for coloreds only" water fountains not enough for blacks? They had running water, right?

Old 04-14-2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Because it's not marriage.
Marriage is the legal contract between spouses in family-forming. This has taken on various shapes and sizes throughout history and still exists with no semblance of uniformity throughout the globe. Marriage, as such, does not have a single definition. "Man + Woman" is but one of many definitions of what is a marriage. Even in the US there are at least two definitions.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:33 PM

Quote:
So if we let gays marry can we let polygamist marry to?
Absolutely, but not because we let gays marry. Each issue has to stand up on its own merit and both have merit as I see them.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:46 PM

Quote:
What is the point of gay marriage?
To afford same-sex spouses spousal rights and obligations. Wow, that was a cool alliteration!

Quote:
I personally am gay and could careless whether i can marry or not.
Well, I'm gay and I definitely care that I will most likely be denied spousal rights when I'm ready to marry my bf. Are you even aware of the rights you are waving off?

Quote:
If a majority of America does not want it im not going to push it.
Well aren't you the perfect doormat?

Quote:
Her for all they gays that would like to marry and have the government accept it here are the countries to move to.

Gay Marriage Rights: Where is Gay Marriage Legal?
I'd rather help fix this country to be a better place to live. You're welcome to benefit from it despite contributing nothing. Without people pushing for change we wouldn't be the great country that we are today and without people pushing for change we won't keep evolving into a yet better country. America has great potential and I will do my part in helping it realize it. Again, you're welcome to benefit.

Quote:
To answer you second part it does not affect me. Either does polygamy or bestiality. I also do not here an uproar of people doing God knows what with animals. So if we legalize gay marriage where does it stop?
Where does what stop?

Quote:
Why deny someone the right to marry a tree? An animal?
Because neither a tree nor an animal can understand the marriage contract and its obligations and explain that they do. Really, can you come up with a stupider reason to use in arguing against same-sex marriage?

Quote:
Multiply people? Gay people are not the only people discriminated against when it comes to marriage.
I'm all for polygamous marriage being legal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies