Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2008, 11:06 PM

408 posts, read 696,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
No but the only way one would know is if they are really watching us. We are not all over each other in public. I do not hide anything but i do not go out of my way to let the world know im gay.
So you do not hold hands or give that "I love you" smile to eachother?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 11:06 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,970,405 times
Quote:
God created the Earth, the animals, and us. (if you believe)
Thanks but no thanks.

Quote:
That might have something to do with it. Let's not pretend we know what goes on in animals mind nor what directs the conscious.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/20/sc...=1&oref=slogin

This is where science comes in. Morality has been observed in primates and studied.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:07 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,002,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiloMike View Post
With faith Santa Claus brings presents.
Cute. That is called lying to your kids.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:18 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
You want to know why I want a real marriage and not " marriage lite "; a marriage to my partner of 28 years means that we share the same tax breaks as any other tax paying couple, if either one of us is admitted to a hospital, we can visit each other and have a say in our medical situations otherwise his family or mine could block us from each other. If he or I should die, his family or mine can take hold of our property and which ever one is the survivor has no say. Why should his family or mine have more rights in our relationship then we do. Domestic partnership and civil unions are not marriage, they are a substitute and a poor one at that. And why should a man and a woman be allowed to marry if they do not intend on raising a family, or if they are well past the age of having children. What purpose is that marriage for if it is not for procreation or raising children. And why be allowed to divorce over and over again, is it because you cannot get it right the first time, so you just try again? Marriage has become a joke, there is no commitment and most kids now have 2 dads and 2 moms as a result, if not more. And here I am after 28 years with the same man and I am told that my relationship is not valid. It is only not valid because we as Americans have not grown up and opened our eyes. This country is stuck in the past. I am not asking to marry my dog or my garden, only the person that has been with me more than half my life and I can guarantee that he is a human.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Thanks but no thanks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/20/sc...=1&oref=slogin

This is where science comes in. Morality has been observed in primates and studied.
Do you have any proof that he did not?

You are saying that these scientist jumped into their mind and can tell where their morality came from? (that is what i said)

Old 04-15-2008, 01:33 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
So, the OP obviously abhors religion, churches, and members of churches but complains there's no gay marriage?

Sorry, but you're confusing two separate issues. Have a secular civil union in a state that permits it -- it doesn't have anything to do with churches and doesn't involve those of us you find so ignorant and repulsive. The church idea and celebration of marriage is different. Surely, if one is not a believer, he or she would not be demanding a church marriage, anyway. For those homosexuals who do, though, there's the Metropolitan Community Church, Unitarian churches, etc.

I hope I'm wrong, but it seems as if this thread was started as an excuse to rant against religion as there ARE states and churches that offer same-sex unions.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
So, the OP obviously abhors religion, churches, and members of churches but complains there's no gay marriage?

Sorry, but you're confusing two separate issues. Have a secular civil union in a state that permits it -- it doesn't have anything to do with churches and doesn't involve those of us you find so ignorant and repulsive. The church idea and celebration of marriage is different. Surely, if one is not a believer, he or she would not be demanding a church marriage, anyway. For those homosexuals who do, though, there's the Metropolitan Community Church, Unitarian churches, etc.

I hope I'm wrong, but it seems as if this thread was started as an excuse to rant against religion as there ARE states and churches that offer same-sex unions.
It is hopeless.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:53 AM

243 posts, read 704,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Here's a question: Why are civil unions not enough for gays?
Easy.

civil unions does not automaticly allows ur foregain partner a citizens.
In my understanding this goes for both Norway and USA. (unless USA have changed this already)

Straight pep can marry just about any one from anywhere wher ever thay want.
And they can move togheter using the marrige for citizens.

Then its medical issues.
and death.

u know if one of gay coupel is suyfring an accident or sicknes.
Some hospitals deny the other part to wisit. (taking that the sick one is not consius)
Hospitals who does this base it on that the other part are not legal family.
This happens here in Norway and i know it happens in USA.

Tho ofc not all hospitals.

If one of a gay couple dies.
And he owns the appartment both lives in.
Most cases the living part must leav the appartment.
and do not geet "his" part of it.
Coz he does not have legal right to it. He is not family.
Again this happens here in norway and USA (unless ofc USA made huge law changes)

So gay marrige is mostly to give gay couples the same rights ass married straigh couples.

I know some states already give couples thos right without marrige. Gay or straight.

I se some reacted or got confused that i said marrige is not a human right.
i still stand by that. same as having children is not a human right

Old 04-15-2008, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Is there evidence to support the Big Bang Theroy?
is there evidence of any other theroies?

Religus say the bible (koran or whatever book they folow)
is right and true coz its writen.

Big Bang Theroy is also writen!!

Old 04-15-2008, 02:27 AM

Quote:
The SCOTUS (Supreme Court of the United States) disagrees with you. See Loving vs Virgnia, 1967.
Then this court implays that USA breacking the law by dening gay's to marry.

So the discusion and politicians wote her is irrelevant.

Tj..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies