Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2008, 07:49 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Hmmm, lets see. Do I consider myself superior to people (i.e. not just gays) who go around having sex with anything that moves, spreading diseases....YES. They should learn to keep it in their pants, or, if a woman, keep their legs shut. And yes, someone who is motivated by pure self-gratification and is unable to control themselves is no better than an animal.
Could you be any more off-base? I hang around with a lot of heterosexual college guys, and they stare longingly and occasionally readjust their pants if and when they see a drop-dead gorgeous scantily-glad girl walking by them. My bet would be that if I offered any of them a considerable sum of money that they'd even have sex with ME to satisfy their urges! Gay men are no more promiscuous than straight men. The key difference of course is that males in general tend to be sexually-oriented, so it's easier to get two willing men to consent than it is to get women, who are generally less prone to just hop into the bedroom with a straight man (at least in most sober circumstances).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 07:49 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,001,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiloMike View Post
The way you constructed the post it reads as full support of her claim. You certainly didn't dispute it.
There is no way to prove or disprove it so why would I.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:54 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Well coming from a gay male yea we tend to be a lot more promiscuous. I do not really recall going to straight clubs where people are giving favors in the bathrooms and what not regularly. But i could be wrong. The red section might be right. I have been grouped every time I have been out.
You do realize that there are gay men out there who want nothing to do with those clubs and that kind of lifestyle, right? My friends have tried to drag me to those places again and again but I want nothing to do with any of them based on the descriptions I've heard. That's a certain segment of the population who goes for that kind of thing, and my understanding is that it's some of the younger gay men.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:58 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,877 times
My point about animalistic tendancies in people was to trnmeon, who repeatedly pointed to studies of animals that engage in homosexual behavior. My point was that humans are not animals even though some people may act like animals.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:59 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,970,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
There is no way to prove or disprove it so why would I.
That's a question for you to answer.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:00 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,970,248 times
Quote:
My point about animalistic tendancies in people was to trnmeon, who repeatedly pointed to studies of animals that engage in homosexual behavior. My point was that humans are not animals even though some people may act like animals.
Animals engage in heterosexual behavior also. We are mammals. I'm not understanding what you are trying to say.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
That isn't what you said in this post at all.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:05 PM

How does that post conflict with the last post? It doesn't.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiloMike View Post
Animals engage in heterosexual behavior also. We are mammals. I'm not understanding what you are trying to say.
I already said it, people are more than simply animals.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:
How does that post conflict with the last post? It doesn't.
Well, does that mean you don't intend to debate the people who refuted that post?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies