Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 07:40 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
exactly!!!!! I'm Puerto Rican, born and raised in the island and many in the island are saying the same thing but We don't make the news.....it doesn't fall in line with the narrative.

the Puerto Rican government can't provide the 3,000 deaths names and their death certificates to prove the cause of death was by the hurricane.

this is all politics in the island and agendas and it stinks.
How could they when so much was destroyed? They have to rely on reports made by the people. You don’t understand the level of devastation brought by the storms. Being born and raised in Puerto Rico makes no difference. Were you there during the storm? In the immediate aftermath? How long have you stayed in Puerto Rico since the storm, if at all? If not, why should you make the news?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
You can read the actual document from GWU. Have you? I have.

Here's a question for you. Have you ever used vital statistics data? Like, maybe done genealogy research on Ancestry or something similar? I can tell you what my great-great-grandfather died of, on what day, at what address, and who was a witness. I can also get that information on my father-in-law, who died recently. You don't need a paper in your hand to study death certificate data. That information is fed into databases, that you then access via computer.

One of the biggest issues with finding numbers was inexperience with CDC codes. So, in order to come to a reasonable number, they went through death certificate info for the last several years to find average rates of death, factoring in changes in population, etc. They also looked at things like "garbage codes," which are codes inconsistent with a medical history. They spoke with doctors, government officials, funeral home staff--all to weigh the veracity of the data. This is not purely speculative, theoretic. It represents actual people. They did not build a computer model to guess at numbers in this study. Perhaps they did in the Harvard study. But the GWU Puerto Rico study did use actual data to arrive at their numbers.

Now, here's the thing: even in the mainland US, the data is only as good as the information initially entered from death certificates. If a doctor is not experienced enough, she may not understand how the whole thing works, and may not enter the correct information. Or, someone may not know. So ALL of the numbers we have for deaths attributed to hurricanes is not 100% accurate.
I don't think you actually even.need to be a doctor to enter data that communicates a person is deceased.
I believe with such a tremendously devastating event, that it can be considered to be a contributing factor to ones demise .
Infrastructure decimation contributes to numerous life threatening situations:
Heart patient; medication washed away, buried,
Life support systems that use electricity
Dehydration in a healthy person can take irreversible toll in just a few days
Shock, and trauma mental and physical.
Along with the inability to get necessary aid TO such persons let alone knowing where they are.

Its an atrocity that this president took a preliminary number of deaths calculated in the early days of the disaster and just walked away.
Set up a hospital ship off shore that sat empty...how the hell were the islanders supposed to get there? Swim?
The fact that so many dies in the aftermath DIRECTLY points to Trumps FAILURE and CAUSE of such suffering.

Old 09-15-2018, 08:15 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
How could they when so much was destroyed? They have to rely on reports made by the people. You don’t understand the level of devastation brought by the storms. Being born and raised in Puerto Rico makes no difference. Were you there during the storm? In the immediate aftermath? How long have you stayed in Puerto Rico since the storm, if at all? If not, why should you make the news?

not everything was destroyed, not even close.......the main cause of the slow recovery wasn't the federal aid...it was that Electricity Power service that is run and managed by a corrupt mafia in the Puerto Rican government. Without power, for months it affects everything else.

I'm from Bayamon and I went there 4 times from Utah where I live because I own a house there and have many friends and family members on the island.....I'm very much aware of the situation on the island and the problems and most of it it was the inept and corrupt government in P.R. and politics.

what is your source other than the U.S. media?.....you live there? Do you have strong connections in Puerto Rico? have you actually gone there in person and know the cities and towns well and I don't mean as a tourist staying at the nice hotels in San Juan, I mean knowing the REAL Puerto Rico and dealing first hand with the inept and corrupt government down there......I have since 1971.....how about you?

Old 09-15-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
not everything was destroyed, not even close.......the main cause of the slow recovery wasn't the federal aid...it was that Electricity Power service that is run and managed by a corrupt mafia in the Puerto Rican government. Without power, for months it affects everything else.

I'm from Bayamon and I went there 4 times from Utah where I live because I own a house there and have many friends and family members on the island.....I'm very much aware of the situation on the island and the problems and most of it it was the inept and corrupt government in P.R. and politics.

what is your source other than the U.S. media?.....you live there? Do you have strong connections in Puerto Rico? have you actually gone there in person and know the cities and towns well and I don't mean as a tourist staying at the nice hotels in San Juan, I mean knowing the REAL Puerto Rico and dealing first hand with the inept and corrupt government down there......I have since 1971.....how about you?
Don’t try to twist my words. No one said everything was destroyed. So basically you weren’t there during the storm and went there a few times to see about your house. The USVI has similar issues with our power company and were not treated the same way. Don’t try to tell me about about living without power when I went through both Irma and Maria...and did not have power for months. I don’t need to go to PR to when I lived through it. And we have people here who go back and forth to PR and gave accounts. So it’s easy for me to understand why many people died. The destruction was bad.

Both territorial governments have long had a host of issues but the USVI did not receive the same animosity and indifference. As far as this disaster is concerned, you’re a statesider. Period.

Old 09-15-2018, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Don’t try to twist my words. No one said everything was destroyed. So basically you weren’t there during the storm and went there a few times to see about your house. The USVI has similar issues with our power company and were not treated the same way. Don’t try to tell me about about living without power when I went through both Irma and Maria...and did not have power for months. I don’t need to go to PR to when I lived through it. And we have people here who go back and forth and gave accounts. So it’s easy for me to understand why many people died. The destruction was bad.

Both territorial governments have long a host of issues but the USVI did not receive the same animosity and indifference. As far as this disaster is concerned, you’re a statesider. Period.

(I repeat) I was there 4 times for 4 weeks each time after the hurricane, I own a home in Bayamon. I visited family members and friends in San Juan, Carolina, Aguas Buenas and Ponce personally.

The Hurricane itself didn't kill a lot of people.........it was the slow recovery and lack of power for months that is managed by a very corrupt mafia in Puerto Rico and a very weak inept government to fix that for decades.....without power everything is affected....it had nothing to do with the federal response or Trump or the hurricane itself.

I just put real cases of people that died in Puerto Rico in a link and their stories....read, most of the cases there was nothing Trump could do or the feds:

https://hurricanemariasdead.com/database.html#

Old 09-15-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote:
(I repeat) I was there 4 times for 4 weeks each time after the hurricane, I own a home in Bayamon. I visited family members and friends in San Juan, Carolina, Aguas Buenas and Ponce personally.

The Hurricane itself didn't kill a lot of people.........it was the slow recovery and lack of power for months that is managed by a very corrupt mafia in Puerto Rico and a very weak inept government to fix that for decades.....without power everything is affected....it had nothing to do with the federal response or Trump or the hurricane itself.

I just put real cases of people that died in Puerto Rico in a link and their stories....read, most of the cases there was nothing Trump could do or the feds:

https://hurricanemariasdead.com/database.html#
Refer to my previous post.

Old 09-15-2018, 09:46 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Barack Obama. Used the FBI, the IRS, and the Justice Dept. to punish his enemies.

Fast & Furious was a huge scandal (controversy). So was Benghazi.

How many dangerous terrorists did he release from Gitmo to obtain the release of ONE traitor (Bergdahl). Was that not a controversy? Besides being a scandal.

Then we had Loretta Lynch's meeting Bill Clinton on the tarmac ...what did they discuss? Funny how Hillary was "exonerated" by Comey shortly after. And we all know how Strzok and McCabe played a part, not only in that, but also in attempting to prevent Trump from ever becoming President.

Abuse of power. Using the FISA court to obtain warrants to go after political enemies (and using falsified documents). This is just ONE example of their abuse of power.

Then, of course, he interfered repeatedly in ongoing criminal investigations. There has been no president in my life time who has done that.

Many others have made long lists of the corruption in the Obama administration, and have been far more detailed, as they are lawyers, and they know the laws that Obama and his administration broke.

"The Obama Administration was the most corrupt administration in American history" — Newt Gingrich, historian and former Speaker.

No two human beings have been put under a microscope more that Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. What has all of that ever turned up ? NOTHING ! Everything you posted is conjecture and wishful thinking on the people who dislike both of these people.

When you come up with convictions, (like the 15 or so that came out of Trumps campaign), come on back and we will have something to talk about. Until then, all of this is simply Alex Jones theatrics and the ravings of lunatics, like him. You really gotta stop listening to InfoWars for your "facts".

Old 09-15-2018, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
The fact that so many dies in the aftermath DIRECTLY points to Trumps FAILURE and CAUSE of such suffering.

another ignorant post.....have you look at the death certificates and causes of the death in P.R.?.......it had nothing to do with Trump.

most deaths were old people that had a serious illness and because of the lack of electricity, everything was slow from transportation, communication, and hospitals.

How is Trump DIRECTLY responsible for the corruption and mafia culture in the Power Company who is managed and controlled by the government of P.R. and their hacks?

why didn't Obama fix that corruption for decades in Puerto Rico when he was President for 8 years? Because that is not the job or jurisdiction of the President or the federal government.....That falls 100% on the corrupt government of Puerto Rico that STILL today haven't fix that corrupt agency...Its billions of dollars in debt and nobody knows where the money went.

but Trump is DIRECTLY and the cause of that.....such ignorance!

Old 09-15-2018, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

When you come up with convictions, (like the 15 or so that came out of Trumps campaign), come on back and we will have something to talk about. Until then, all of this is simply Alex Jones theatrics and the ravings of lunatics, like him. You really gotta stop listening to InfoWars for your "facts".

15 people around the Clintons were convicted for Whitewater in the 90's. That didn't affect the Clintons political career or their administration or Hillary's political career....she became Senator and ran for President twice.

there is NO conviction of anybody that relates to the Trump campaign in 2016 or the Trump administration.......if you want to bring up Flynn, he was convicted of lying to the FBI. No other crimes of corruption or collusion.

try again!

Old 09-16-2018, 12:21 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,094 times
Quote:
another ignorant post.....have you look at the death certificates and causes of the death in P.R.?.......it had nothing to do with Trump.

most deaths were old people that had a serious illness and because of the lack of electricity, everything was slow from transportation, communication, and hospitals.

How is Trump DIRECTLY responsible for the corruption and mafia culture in the Power Company who is managed and controlled by the government of P.R. and their hacks?

why didn't Obama fix that corruption for decades in Puerto Rico when he was President for 8 years? Because that is not the job or jurisdiction of the President or the federal government.....That falls 100% on the corrupt government of Puerto Rico that STILL today haven't fix that corrupt agency...Its billions of dollars in debt and nobody knows where the money went.

but Trump is DIRECTLY and the cause of that.....such ignorance!
Trump is no stranger to the Mafia.
This Mafia stopped Trump from ordering and directing assistance to work with local government who were publically pleading for help.
Were those public officials fake?
How is PRico Government not controlled by the White House? PRico is not its own Country.

Your claims are rubbish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies