U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-14-2018, 03:17 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
21,749 posts, read 10,604,372 times
Reputation: 3954

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Fair enough, and generally what I was getting at. But yeah, this whole "living wage" argument and all of that nonsense is out of hand.
You have a right to that opinion, but it's a purposeful red herring .

Paying well, and why you pay someone a certain wage are irrelevent to each other in this context, because many companies can indeed afford to pay more and choose not to .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-14-2018, 03:27 PM
 
12,443 posts, read 6,877,136 times
Reputation: 5989
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You have a right to that opinion, but it's a purposeful red herring .

Paying well, and why you pay someone a certain wage are irrelevent to each other in this context, because many companies can indeed afford to pay more and choose not to .
Why should a company choose to pay someone more if they don't have to? A person should be paid more because they increase their value to the company, we should all be paid based on what we are worth, not based on what we feel we deserve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2018, 03:27 PM
 
Location: Salisbury,NC
9,447 posts, read 3,821,256 times
Reputation: 4111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Total B.S. as usual. Can't catch a break, huh? People that have marketable, and valuable skills don't need a bunch of thugs to threaten businesses, or government and EXTORT them for higher wages. Companies pay MARKET wages. Their purpose is to make money for their owners, and/or stock holders (owners), nothing more.
No, you are wrong. Companies have the ability to pay their employees more and choose not to.

(See tax cut for corporations)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2018, 03:28 PM
 
12,443 posts, read 6,877,136 times
Reputation: 5989
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
As I have stated before( and you continue to ignore); hHow black people vote isn't the same as who wins elections .
I haven't ignored anything, I don't even recall you replying to anything I've said in months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2018, 03:29 PM
 
12,443 posts, read 6,877,136 times
Reputation: 5989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
No, you are wrong. Companies have the ability to pay their employees more and choose not to.

(See tax cut for corporations)
So what about all the companies that did pay their employees more? What about all of the salary increases, bonuses, increases in benefits, etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2018, 03:31 PM
 
47,316 posts, read 24,634,182 times
Reputation: 14468
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If Democrats taught a man to fish, that man would never ever need them again.
As it is, giving them a fish the Democrats stole from a Republican, is working perfectly like a well regulated clock.
Please. You don’t have any fish to steal. And if you did, I wouldn’t need to hire a politician to take it from you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2018, 03:33 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
21,749 posts, read 10,604,372 times
Reputation: 3954
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Why should a company choose to pay someone more if they don't have to? A person should be paid more because they increase their value to the company, we should all be paid based on what we are worth, not based on what we feel we deserve.
As I said before , worth isn't part of this discussion because all of these people are worth more, but if another company pays less then so can you .

Market value =/= worth . There 2 things are not the same and you are pretending they are . This isn't even left vs right . It's pure economics .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2018, 03:35 PM
 
Location: Salisbury,NC
9,447 posts, read 3,821,256 times
Reputation: 4111
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
So what about all the companies that did pay their employees more? What about all of the salary increases, bonuses, increases in benefits, etc?

What about the vast majority which did not? Only way to get them to act may be a group of individuals who come together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2018, 03:36 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
21,749 posts, read 10,604,372 times
Reputation: 3954
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I haven't ignored anything, I don't even recall you replying to anything I've said in months.
So you understand a black person in Mississippi voting for a Democrat usually means a Republican wins , so your entire argument about democratic promises means nothing because it's Republicans in charge.

Glad we cleared that up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2018, 03:37 PM
 
47,316 posts, read 24,634,182 times
Reputation: 14468
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
He's 100% right, the truth hurts.
Here’s the truth: the big fat government programs were created to give to whites like yourself. And you guys have gotten quite fat off the dole too. Still are.

You’re right. We blacks get you guy’s scraps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
When did government attempt to save black people ?????
Never.

Every big government program was created to save poor whites. If the New Deal and Great Society has been dreamed up with African Americans in mind, they would’ve NEVER been created.

Anything we blacks have ever attained, we got for ourselves. They’ve never given us ****!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top