Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 03:09 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,838 times

Advertisements

I personally have no problem with gay people. I will have to say one thing, they are the best tenants you can have. They keep a clean house and are never behind on the rent. Plus they love fixing the place up and usually stay for many years.

Two men having sex is one thing I never put much thought into, but now that you mention it, I will pass.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:32 PM

234 posts, read 184,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronHarpoons View Post
Nope.

Homosexuality in every single way defeats the purpose of basic evolution and survival instincts, which is to pro create and spread the gene pool naturally. Having kids through surrogates or adoption is not natural. Most of the world understands this simple concept, im not so sure why Americans will defend this absurd logic to death.

The purpose of mating and sex is pro creation. Jane and Mary cannot do this naturally
Get it?
Oh, why bother reproducing with some flake with all the right social and financial criteria one meets on eHarmony? Pregnancy makes a woman ugly and a man at financial risk for eighteen years.

Let the government decide who's genes will be perpetuated and everyone can just relax and sex it up any old way they want. That is evolution and not really so much different than sky-daddy procreators of yore who were respectable because they did what they were told to do with whom they were allowed to do it with.

The whole point to the modern mode of relations is to just have fun and not worry about society in any meaningful way. Responsibility is for dullards and politicians and CEOs.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:39 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trnmeon View Post
I'm looking for honest feedback here, because I've read threads that assert that people are "disgusted" by the thought of sexual acts between men. I can assert, contrarily, that as a gay man, I'm just as turned off by the thought of a man and a woman together.

At the same time, however, when dealing with or talking to someone who's heterosexual, what they do in the privacy of their own home and their personal sex lives is not something I think about.

What really makes people uncomfortable with homosexuality?
Dont have a problem with it what adults want to do in the privacy of their own home sexually is not my business.
BUT....
When a group wants special rules and laws and uses it to get their way on things to or attack someone who does not share their belief I do have issues with that! Because it is of a sexual nature.
They say oh I dont have insurance through my partner bla bla bla well neither does most heterosexual couples that choose to live together and not be married. It is a choice and comes with those types of consequences.
I dont think there should be discrimination as far as employment, housing etc but that is a human thing not a sexual thing. We ALL should be treated with dignity and respect etc.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:41 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times
Nothing wrong or unnatural about being gay. People who are "uncomfortable" with it are uncomfortable with the judgement they've been taught to levy upon it. There really is no argument about it, but people who choose to cast poor judgement against homosexual people tend to create resins to justify it, and (as any thread here will attest to) ignore all logic and continue with their prejudice. Hopefully, they will one day learn to let go of such negative things. Sadly, many go to those graves clinging to negative notions and emotions about a variety of things. It's one of the tragedies of human existence.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:41 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I don't really want to maintain control over someones lifestyle I really don't care but seeing 2 guys kiss or more it just is a turnoff much like Lima beans are.

Of course I'm a hypocrite because 2 girls kissing doesn't bother me at all,well unless they don't like guys period which means I have no chance of being the meat in the sandwhich.
There's a big difference between being turned-off and repulsed. For me, seeing to straight people kiss doesn't do anything for me, but I don't find it repulsive. Boobs as well. They're interesting, but they do nothing for me.

Quote:
The gay community seriously needs to grow up and stop being such cry babies. Look at the pasta and chic Fil - A thing, all people did was express their opinion (opinions that millions of people also share) and they get all butthurt about it and want to drive them out of business.
Said the white, heterosexual male.

The real problem with CFA is who they fund. Namely, Christian missionaries who go to Africa and preach a brand of hatred against gays that they can no longer get away with her. CFA will never get a cent of mine, and yes, I look down at people who eat there. Feel "butthurt" about that all you want.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:43 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
Digging dirt out of the ground, refining metal out of it, and using it to supplement your own body is natural.

Killing an animal and using its internal organs inside you is natural.

Burning dead dinosaurs to move around during your everyday life is natural.

Touching another man's pee pee, however, is unnatural and possibly a sin.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:44 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Dont have a problem with it what adults want to do in the privacy of their own home sexually is not my business.
BUT....
When a group wants special rules and laws and uses it to get their way on things to or attack someone who does not share their belief I do have issues with that! Because it is of a sexual nature.
They say oh I dont have insurance through my partner bla bla bla well neither does most heterosexual couples that choose to live together and not be married. It is a choice and comes with those types of consequences.
I dont think there should be discrimination as far as employment, housing etc but that is a human thing not a sexual thing. We ALL should be treated with dignity and respect etc.
Guess what? I didn't choose to be gay nor do I choose for my marriage to not be legally recognized. You lost your argument before it even began.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:52 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
BUT....
If you think gays have such privelages over everyone else, and being gay is a choice, then why don't you choose to be gay?

Old 09-30-2013, 03:57 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
The word homophobia is a buzz word invented for the tolerance and advance of gay sex and marriage. Actually the acceptance of gay marriage is being pushed on society now for the advancement of the next generations of children to view marriage as many options for them including same sex marriage or multiple marriage.

It will not stop in the eyes of society as an acceptable marriage becomes men and men and women and women and will advance to two men and one woman etc.. two daddies and one mom , or three moms and no dads.. etc.

Homophobia was a word invented to say there is something wrong with the person who does not believe that gay sex is normal. It's connotation is that the gays are normal and the straight people who view gay sex as an abomination to the natural is not normal. Thus the word is turned on the straight people as there being something wrong with them instead of the gays looking abnormal in their quest for acceptance of gay sex .

As time goes on, children with see their same sex friends as also a romantic love when gay marriage is accepted as normal. It will change the psyche of the mind of all children when gay marriage is an option ; to accept sex and romance between their same sex friends. If society says it is normal and acceptable, the young children will view it as an option at a very young age.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:00 PM

234 posts, read 184,717 times
Most homosexuals will never admit they suffer an understandable mental illness solely to achieve the perceived normality that comes along with official sanctions promoting their more erratic behaviors. I don't mean the sex acts, but the social behavior, the constant need to have heterosexual males or females accept them and have sex with them as proof that they are not alone in the world or so very freakish. And of course they blame others for hate and bigotry conveniently as it allows them to be spectacles that must be attended to and taken care of. But homosexuals never admit they may be a tad overblown with their antics because then they would have to admit their are a bit off, which opens the door for traditionalists to alienate them further. A silly catch-22.

Now as someone who has lived in SF and Seattle, I can tell you that there is nothing grand about socializing with the more insane members of the gay scene that is interesting or acceptable. Factor in the rampant drug use and demanded consent for extreme self-destructive behavior, well why bother? Grown adults aren't supposed to parade around like toddler beauty pageant contestants and all the hoopla concentrated on being exaggeratedly feminine or masculine is simply sad. Sex is great too, but how many partners in one night is sufficient to fill the emptiness that comes with being left out? It isn't a culture so much as a mass scream of agony displayed by those who suffer from being alienated and repulsed, which leads to more crazed displays and more aggravated symptoms of mental illness that usually are displayed by outcasts.

When people could see Rock Hudson alongside Doris Day in the 1960's and never guess that he hosted mad same-sex orgies at the same time, that is telling. I think most people would have very little issue with homosexuality if homosexuals realized that if they dropped some of their more ardent French-steeped, intellectualized social-identity masks/issues, they wouldn't be so scary and elicit such disgust. Thing is, they took Kinsey and turned him into a drag queen, and Freud and anyone else who would legitimize their symptoms of alienation look alright and themselves into a grotesque parody as a way to calm their anxieties and self-doubt. The only thing they accomplish is to set up little communities were John or Jane Q. Homosexual stay far, far away from them and so sulk in specialized, compartmented social strata they can never escape from. A vicious cycle really. And who would willfully want to associate with anyone crazed, angry and hell-bent on proving to themselves that they are okay by any means necessary that they destroy themselves out of hateful spite?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies