U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 10:09 AM

6,243 posts, read 1,515,119 times

Advertisements

Another problem they are causing by doing this, in the future, when a truly dangerous storm comes along, no one will believe them, people wont take precautions, (the boy who cried wolf too many times).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2018, 10:19 AM

4,508 posts, read 1,901,989 times
Watching the so-called news this morning was both amusing and disheartening. Florence took a pass but with all the gethering of news people perched to make their lying statements, they had to do and say something. So they shrieked and carried on as if the world were ending. And they wonder why sane people laugh at them.

Old 09-15-2018, 10:37 AM

38,194 posts, read 15,318,674 times
BS like this is why I canceled my cableTV subscription years ago.

Watch Weather Nation (Roku or FireTV) or your local news via OTA if you want to see better coverage than that mess on the cable channels.

Old 09-15-2018, 10:42 AM

9,448 posts, read 3,823,392 times
Its OK Waldo and I are starting to see the rain and wind. The issue will be for trees coming down in our area.

While the storm is now moving at 2 miles an hour. All the dangers that we have been warned about are coming in slow motion.

Old 09-15-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Its OK Waldo and I are starting to see the rain and wind. The issue will be for trees coming down in our area.

While the storm is now moving at 2 miles an hour. All the dangers that we have been warned about are coming in slow motion.

Did you see the local NBC reporter standing in the water on a boat ramp at Mountain Island Lake Thursday? Water got to the top of her rubber boots and she proclaimed "gee, I can't go any deeper than this". They have completely lost their mind.

So far, we are still mostly unaffected by it here at Lake Norman. Just a little rain some gusts.

Old 09-15-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Did you see the local NBC reporter standing in the water on a boat ramp at Mountain Island Lake Thursday? Water got to the top of her rubber boots and she proclaimed "gee, I can't go any deeper than this". They have completely lost their mind.
Yup. Just saw the Tree down in Charlotte. A lot of the older trees and young pines will be coming down.

Too many seem to think everything is going to happen quickly. This storm will be a slow motion problem as it moves past us.

I have taken some trees down this past spring. I now wish I had taken some more down.

Old 09-15-2018, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Yup. Just saw the Tree down in Charlotte. A lot of the older trees and young pines will be coming down.

Too many seem to think everything is going to happen quickly. This storm will be a slow motion problem as it moves past us.

So far the NW part of Mecklenburg around the Lake is still mostly unaffected. But sure. It's much much worse for those East and South of here. My prayers to them all.

Old 09-15-2018, 11:05 AM

Yesterday we had around .6 inches of Rain. So far today we are around an inch. Our Local fire company has put out a warning, they expect between 6 - 12 inches in the next 2 days.

Old 09-15-2018, 11:07 AM

Haha. WSOC reporter complaining that it wasn't raining on N. Tryon. And their coverage is probably the best in the area.

Old 09-15-2018, 11:12 AM

2,455 posts, read 634,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Weather Channel is owned by NBC. Expect no better from them.

Watch Weather Nation instead if you want real reporting without all the fake news manufactured drama.
I don't know if I can trust any of these weather outlets. Friends and I have been doing some experiments lately where we compare the local news radar in the area to what is really happening, and we just have to shake our heads at how misinformed the actual radar is. We used to be able to check it to see if lightning will be in the area about 10-15 years ago so we know if we could go horseback riding or not, and it used to be very accurate. But lately, it will show clouds forming over where it's sunny as can be, or show no cloud developments while there is a bad thunderstorm going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or