U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 10:56 AM

3,607 posts, read 1,788,526 times

Advertisements

If Donald Trump is going to fire Mueller he needs to do it now. Donald Trump knows he colluded with Russia. The TRUTH will TRUMP Donald Trump!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2018, 11:31 AM

1,047 posts, read 329,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
No, they were/are TARGETS of coups! Nixon got whacked because he couldn't fight back without making a stupid mistake. Trump ain't falling for it this time, as today there is just too much information that EXPOSES the coup attempters today.
Yeah, you have no idea what a coup is. What happened to Nixon was not a coup. It was his own stupidity. Same with Trump.

You're confusing Justice and a coup.

If Trump gets ousted, guess who takes his place - Pence.

An actual coup would overthrow the entire government, not just remove a single figurehead.

Old 09-15-2018, 11:44 AM

894 posts, read 211,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
Yeah, you have no idea what a coup is. What happened to Nixon was not a coup. It was his own stupidity. Same with Trump.

You're confusing Justice and a coup.

If Trump gets ousted, guess who takes his place - Pence.

An actual coup would overthrow the entire government, not just remove a single figurehead.
You want to argue semantics, whatever. Perhaps you have another term to describe an outgoing administration's concerted efforts to tip an election using the FBI and FISA courts, and colluding with an ex Brit spy with Russian fairy tales..

Maybe you are comfortable with that sort of bananna republic un American bull**** since it came from your team, but such is only the folly of duped fools!

Old 09-15-2018, 12:07 PM

3,494 posts, read 2,101,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Wasting money?

Manafort just forfeited $46 million in his plea bargain. This more than covers the cost of the investigation.
This investigation just netted a profit between 200 and 300%. So much for the waste of money argument.

Old 09-15-2018, 12:12 PM

2,608 posts, read 3,731,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You've just proven my point, the investigation will continue no matter who is in charge, yet it appears you think it will not, which was the point of my post.....just as it did when comey was fired. Do you really think that mueller started all over when comey was fired? Really?

BTW, I've said it before, let the investigation go...send them all to jail.....

If you are part of the majority, then I don't want to be in it....
You are undermining Mueller based on conspiracy theories. So yeah, Iím not going to follow along with you.

Old 09-15-2018, 12:14 PM

1,047 posts, read 329,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
You want to argue semantics, whatever. Perhaps you have another term to describe an outgoing administration's concerted efforts to tip an election using the FBI and FISA courts, and colluding with an ex Brit spy with Russian fairy tales..

Maybe you are comfortable with that sort of bananna republic un American bull**** since it came from your team, but such is only the folly of duped fools!
No, it's not semantics.

coup
NOUN
A sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/coup

The Trump and Nixon investigations were neither sudden, violent or illegal.

Last edited by illinoisphotographer; 09-15-2018 at 12:44 PM..

Old 09-15-2018, 12:14 PM

3,494 posts, read 2,101,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Why would Trump fire Mueller?

Mueller is getting ready to go after Hillary, Obama, and their cohorts in the FBI.

And when he does, I'm betting that all of you will run from him like cockroaches in the room when the light is turned on. Just like you did with the elections forum when Hillary lost.
What are you going on about? Read the meat of Muller's mandate again please.

(b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confinned by then-FBI
Director James 8. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on
Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:
(i) any links and/or coordination bet ween the Russian government and individuals
associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and
(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and
(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. ß 600.4(a).
(c) If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is
authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters.

I don't see the words "Hillary" or "Clinton" anywhere in there. And if there was any evidence of crimes against her, why hasn't Sessions created a special counsel to investigate her. Or why haven't Republicans been able to get any actionable evidence for 25 years and at least 7 Congressional investigations?

When will all this criminal activity be brought to justice?

Old 09-15-2018, 12:26 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,125,727 times
The utter stupidity of Trump supporters never ceases to amaze me. What a complete failure by our system of education.

If Trump fires Mueller I anticipate there will be massive protests in every major metropolitan area (and most cities and towns in the US). People are already prepared for this. Wouldn't doubt it if it ends in long term massive protests at the White House. We will see if those in charge of the GOP continue to be feckless, spineless, slaves to the polls. Our citizenry will demand Trumps removal and it will be up to them how it ends.

Old 09-15-2018, 12:36 PM

33,590 posts, read 12,861,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Reaction will probably be similar to how it worked out for Nixon after the "Saturday Night Massacre".
I suspect reaction will be much faster this time around

Old 09-15-2018, 04:43 PM

30,882 posts, read 17,215,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
You are undermining Mueller based on conspiracy theories. So yeah, Iím not going to follow along with you.

Please, do tell what "conspiracy theories" you speak of, that I am following along with?

If trump fires mueller, and then fires muellers replacement, and then fires that replacement, the investigation never stops, period. I'm not sure why you don't have the ability to comprehend that? Maybe you should do a little research on how investigations work, instead or being a leftist parrot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies