Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 08:29 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,276,539 times

Advertisements

LOL @ this

Travel. See the world. You’re more likely to die in the US from a mass shooting than any of this nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2018, 08:30 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Yeah, sure OP. That happened.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:34 PM

21,096 posts, read 19,703,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Yeah; you probably are:

https://safearound.com/danger-rankings/

U.S. …. otherwise known as "number 57".
I’ve lived in America all my life and have never been a victim of a crime, so crime doesn’t exist in America.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:43 PM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times
My inlaws are Irish and they have literally traveled the world without issue except for one time my brother in law was rear ended by a young woman that didn't have a license driving her boyfriends unregistered car, he was in jail and she tried to pay him off with a wad of cash she pulled from the console so he wouldn't call the cops. His neck still bothers him from that crash and where did it happen? Right here in Massachusetts.

You do have to watch out anywhere you go now a days and that includes Europe and America.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:43 PM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I’ve lived in America all my life and have never been a victim of a crime, so crime doesn’t exist in America.
Liar.
We were all cornholed by Clinton, and then later Obama had a go at us. I'm thinking of joining the #metoo movement; all I would need is an American passport.

Old 09-14-2018, 09:03 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
This was the warning I received when I announced my upcoming trip to friends and clients. "There are roving bands of Muslims", said one. "You won't even recognize London", said another. Then there are the news reports of the swarms of refugee rapists. Well, I just returned from my trip to Rome, San Marino, Venice, Monaco, Paris and London and I'm happy to report that all of the warnings are absolute BULLPUCKY. I walked ALL OVER these cities during my visit and I didn't see a single example of the supposed horrors that I was warned about, and I LOOKED for them. So, ignore the fear mongers and go ahead and book that vacation. You'll have a wonderful time. Just watch out for those obnoxious American tourists.
Europe ain't that great actually but it's okay. I'm planning a vacation somewhere in Europe in late October since I'm in Azerbaijan working and don't feel like traveling all the way back to my home in the PNW. Really trying to just find a place in Europe that doesn't suck, to me, that's the hardest part. I agree the crime thing is overblown although my wife was pick pocketed in Malaga, Spain when we were staying there and she's never been robbed in the good ole USA.

Old 09-14-2018, 10:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Europe is just as safe as it’s always been.

Why Americans listen to that crap is beyond me.

Old 09-14-2018, 10:59 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,928,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
That sounds like a wonderful trip! What's San Marino like?
It's a very small country, but if you enjoy a nice view, this is the place.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3490.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	202626

Old 09-14-2018, 11:02 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,928,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Yeah, sure OP. That happened.
Since you're calling me a liar, please be more specific.

Old 09-14-2018, 11:18 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Pretty biased report there.

Gypsies harass in Rome. Africans harass by Versailles. Sketchy as **** like 1 block from Moulin Rouge.

Many widespread problems with migrants in southern Italy, but guess you stuck to the heavily policed tourist areas.
Stop it.

The Roma have been harassing people for money in Europe for centuries. In fact, if you make a claim to have visited any large European city and didn’t get begged to death by some Roma vagrant, you didn’t travel right. It’s part of the experience. If you live in Europe, it’s not even a big deal anymore. You learn to ignore it. No one even talks about it over there.

As for Southern Italy, it’s chaotic even without migrants. Italy is a country that thrives on perpetual chaos anyway, but anyplace south of the Po is extra chaotic. The further south you go, the more chaotic it is, and most of the chaos is being caused by Italians. Naples, Rome, Palermo or Reggio di Calabria can be downright scary in parts if you don’t know where you’re going. When I lived in Italy in the late 80’s, you said Hail Marys before you took the autostrada any further south than Florence. And that was long before any migrant crisis.

And Versailles? Lol...when was Versailles NOT sketchy? The suburbs of Paris have always been ‘watch your ass’ territories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies