U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 04:49 AM

10,378 posts, read 2,813,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Poland and Hungary are awesome old world treasures, with the least amount of violent crime in the UK.
One of us failed geography. I don't think it was me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2018, 04:50 AM

60,077 posts, read 30,599,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I think you mean the EU.
You are correct.

Old 09-15-2018, 04:52 AM

60,077 posts, read 30,599,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
One of us failed geography. I don't think it was me.
Actually, I loved Geography and I could spend hours as a kid looking at a globe.
I meant EU.
Too many damn acronyms.

Old 09-15-2018, 05:22 AM

15,355 posts, read 8,025,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Poland and Hungary are awesome old world treasures, with the least amount of violent crime in the UK.
Have you been there? i was thinking of going to Budapest, Hungary for a week. I became more interested since the EU punished Hungary for refusing immigrants they didn't want.

Old 09-15-2018, 05:50 AM

19,358 posts, read 13,015,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Yeah, illegal aliens don’t commit crimes. They’re all about following laws.
Immigration is the only crime on the books that comes from time alone. An immigrant can be a perfect citizen while he's here, but if he over-stays his visa, he commits a crime.

So he becomes a criminal, even though the only law he broke was time.

I know one of those criminals. He was 80 when he learned he was; he thought he was born here all his life until he applied for a passport. All he wanted to do was see some of the places his parents told him about.

And then, even though he was a criminal, he couldn't go back to the country he was born in because the government wouldn't give him the passport to return to it.

Old 09-15-2018, 06:42 AM

2,900 posts, read 488,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post

The only complaints he heard were about TRUMP!!
No doubt by people who have not been to the US and spoken to Trump personally.

Yep, being forced to carry your burden of debt is going to bring complaints from the parasites.

Old 09-15-2018, 09:48 AM

817 posts, read 285,900 times
I agree with the OP at a certian level, in that some Americans have "travel fear", and allow it to keep them from seeing some of the places in Europe. But as a well traveled person myself, I have also seen the flip side of that and have had numerous personal accounts of people that are clueless, and find themselves in bad situations overseas, they could have avoided because they are so oblivous to their surroundings. The years I lived in South Africa were the worst, as far as the second situation was concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

The Roma have been harassing people for money in Europe for centuries. In fact, if you make a claim to have visited any large European city and didn’t get begged to death by some Roma vagrant, you didn’t travel right. It’s part of the experience. If you live in Europe, it’s not even a big deal anymore. You learn to ignore it. No one even talks about it over there.
Nice attempt to whitewash gypsy crime. I also lived in Italy for several years, and traveled throughout western Europe from Italy. Gypsies do not just "beg you to death", they have a laundry list of cons and theft tactics that leave you broke and without travel documents. I have had my car tires cut and windows broken when I didnt pay the gypsy clown his extortion fee to "watch my car" when I parked it in downtown Catania. My wife had our infant daughter snatched out of her stroller, and held over a steep precipice she was standing next to, by a gypsy woman, (who was cooing Bella Bambina!) while the woman's gypsy kids rifled the stroller taking my wife's phone, purse and camera because my wife was so distracted by the danger our daughter was in. My extended family was all cleverly pickpocketed of passports and money by gypsies in Barcelona while purposely distracted at a train station, killing their vacation. My daughter had her purse stolen off the resturant table in Tbilisi we were eating at, by a gypsy kid that looked to be about 8 years old (they learn that crap early...) The list goes on. Most people do not find these events "just part of the experience", but expensive and often dangerous events.

Quote:
As for Southern Italy, it’s chaotic even without migrants. Italy is a country that thrives on perpetual chaos anyway, but anyplace south of the Po is extra chaotic. The further south you go, the more chaotic it is, and most of the chaos is being caused by Italians. Naples, Rome, Palermo or Reggio di Calabria can be downright scary in parts if you don’t know where you’re going. When I lived in Italy in the late 80’s, you said Hail Marys before you took the autostrada any further south than Florence. And that was long before any migrant crisis.
Driving in Italy has nothing to do with migrants, this is true. Italians are often proud of the anarchy on the roads there for some odd reason (I still have an old "Driving in Italy" t-shirt I bought in Naples).

But western Europe in general is paying the price for their extremely short sighted approach to large scale immigration from areas that have vastly different cultures. A video from just last week in the UK, taken in one of the "no go" zones (that supposedly do not exist).

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=kfkuF_1537005966

Not an area a clueless American tourist would want to go be-bopping around for sure......

Last edited by snebarekim; 09-15-2018 at 11:10 AM..

Old 09-15-2018, 09:58 AM

19,649 posts, read 8,221,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
This was the warning I received when I announced my upcoming trip to friends and clients. "There are roving bands of Muslims", said one. "You won't even recognize London", said another. Then there are the news reports of the swarms of refugee rapists. Well, I just returned from my trip to Rome, San Marino, Venice, Monaco, Paris and London and I'm happy to report that all of the warnings are absolute BULLPUCKY. I walked ALL OVER these cities during my visit and I didn't see a single example of the supposed horrors that I was warned about, and I LOOKED for them. So, ignore the fear mongers and go ahead and book that vacation. You'll have a wonderful time. Just watch out for those obnoxious American tourists.

Old 09-15-2018, 10:00 AM

10,892 posts, read 7,712,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
This was the warning I received when I announced my upcoming trip to friends and clients. "There are roving bands of Muslims", said one. "You won't even recognize London", said another. Then there are the news reports of the swarms of refugee rapists. Well, I just returned from my trip to Rome, San Marino, Venice, Monaco, Paris and London and I'm happy to report that all of the warnings are absolute BULLPUCKY. I walked ALL OVER these cities during my visit and I didn't see a single example of the supposed horrors that I was warned about, and I LOOKED for them. So, ignore the fear mongers and go ahead and book that vacation. You'll have a wonderful time. Just watch out for those obnoxious American tourists.
I would bet $1,000 that absolutely not one person said any of this to you.

Old 09-15-2018, 10:07 AM

10,892 posts, read 7,712,980 times
Quote:
Europe is just as safe as it’s always been.

Why Americans listen to that crap is beyond me.
No, it's not actually.

Skip to the 7:30 mark if you are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xao4tPpoEhE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or