U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-30-2018, 05:20 AM
 
34,223 posts, read 13,053,533 times
Reputation: 21623

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The thing that makes Cohen so damaging is his presence. Michael Cohen is a lawyer, which always lets someone into closed meetings, and he was Trump's bagman who carried out whatever orders he got from his boss.

And unlike Bannon, who was a newcomer to Trump's inner circle, or like Manafort, who dropped in and out of Trump's inner circle, Cohen was always inside the circle for over 10 years. So he not only knows what happened, he knows when it happened, why it happened and what came next.

Put the two together and you have a guy who knows enough to be dangerous. That is, if any dangerous dealings were done at all. It's hard to believe anyone as angelic and pure as Donald Trump would ever do any dangerous dealings.
Not only was he there for all the deals, nefarious or not, he recorded conversations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-30-2018, 05:43 AM
 
1,099 posts, read 371,854 times
Reputation: 1357
I am enjoying Michael Cohen's sweet singing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2018, 07:39 AM
 
Location: NC
6,539 posts, read 4,590,766 times
Reputation: 7303
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Falling apart? There's still NOTHING to implicate Trump, and we have a new AG who actually controls what runaway-train Mueller is doing. Don't get overly excited.
You sound like those on the bow of the Titanic, last few minutes....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2018, 07:45 AM
 
1,099 posts, read 371,854 times
Reputation: 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
You sound like those on the bow of the Titanic, last few minutes....

Staying in range of your simile: I think Cohen is just the tip of the iceberg as far as exposing the corrupt financial dealings of the Trump Organization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2018, 07:46 AM
 
27,832 posts, read 45,460,008 times
Reputation: 14300
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Husband just told me header on MSNBC said that Mueller CONFIRMED Cohen was in Prague as the Steele dossier stated

COHEN WAS IN PRAGUE
And the way he found out was Cohen TOLD HIM!!!
I never found confirmation for this post I made in Sept 2018--and I posted as much after the fact--
I am reposting this because someone gave me rep points

I am HOPING that the most recent Cohen legal confirmation of the Trump/Russian hotel deal shows that in those 70+ hours of Mueller testimony Cohen has been doing that he also confirmed he DID make payments to the Russian hackers--even if it was not in Prague as the Steele dossier detailed--but another European city.

Cohen is Trump's bag man--he knows most of Trump's dirty laundry because he was the "washer woman" that was supposed to clean it up and protect Trump
It would be like Tom Hagan rolling over on the Godfather---except as we know, Tom Hagan didn't do that--
But Michael Coreleone and Vito, his father, were much smarter than Donald Trump--and more honorable in their own corrupt ways...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2018, 07:49 AM
 
Location: Boston
5,473 posts, read 1,594,629 times
Reputation: 4011
Cohen is to be believed this time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2018, 07:54 AM
 
19,611 posts, read 13,356,290 times
Reputation: 4919
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
nope. lying to congress about it ( cohen ) was.

No one cared when a dozen or so Obama and Clinton admin personnel and aids lied to Congress.



So we are suddenly caring about these kinds of things again? Even when these "lies" were not to cover up, or involved, any underlying crimes, or wrong doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2018, 07:55 AM
 
27,832 posts, read 45,460,008 times
Reputation: 14300
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Not only was he there for all the deals, nefarious or not, he recorded conversations.
Yes-I was listening to MSNBC this AM and someone mentioned that Trump has long history of not using emails and texts--(guess we don't consider Twitter as a "text") and prefers phone calls or face to face...
Undoubted something he learned from Roy Cohn--his mentor in criminality

But I guess he didn't know Cohen's penchant for recording phone conversations
It is very likely that Cohen's history of phones that were recovered when he was "raided" by SDNY will yield a plethora of recordings--and not just with Trump
I expect there are dealings with the Russian Mafia here in the US that will bring about other investigations/charges through SDNY for organized crime...

You might consider that the raid on Deutsch Bank by the German authorities came because of info that Cohen provided re dealings he was involved with for Trump or for other "clients" he had...
That was what I was wondering about--
Was who provided the info that motivated the Deutsch Bank raid--
After all it has been investigated before for various reasons and fined significant amounts
So what NEW info came to bear to bring about that type of raid???

And the fact that it was the German government doing it means that it is totally outside Trump's control---
No banking authority that Ross or other wealthy people have have leverage with
No US DoJ action that Trump's new lickspittal might influence or gain info from
German authorities investigatin Deutsch Bank where Trump still has MILLIONS of dollars of debt means that there is lot of possibilities for investigating illegal activities tied to Trump investments that Trump has no way of preventing or even finding out about...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2018, 07:59 AM
 
27,832 posts, read 45,460,008 times
Reputation: 14300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
No one cared when a dozen or so Obama and Clinton admin personnel and aids lied to Congress.



So we are suddenly caring about these kinds of things again? Even when these "lies" were not to cover up, or involved, any underlying crimes, or wrong doing.
Do you know the name Trey Gowdy?
How can you spout such drivel when Gowdy conducted YEARS of investigations about Benghazi to no avail

There were plenty of investigations when the Senate was under GOP control and the House
Don't act like nothing was done and your spurious allegations were not pushed by the GOP--

You can call a horse a unicorn anytime you want--
Yell it to the heavens --
But just because you claim a horse is a unicorn doesn't make it so....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2018, 08:08 AM
 
Location: Long Island
30,282 posts, read 12,738,024 times
Reputation: 6302
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Cohen is to be believed this time?
They have 72 hours of grand jury testimony and the FBI search of his law offices so I think there is more to come, this was just one indictment that will likely lead to the Trump family. He seemed very willing to testify, quite different than last time. Mueller has plenty of other testimony and hard evidence in the way of emails, phone calls and other witnesses. Trumps family will have some problems, notice how quiet his sons have been the last several weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top