U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2018, 01:46 PM

19,581 posts, read 9,284,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Who would you bet on for the best player of 3D chess?

3-D chess goes to mueller.

3-D comb-overs goes to trump. that is a creative do, second only to flock of seagulls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 02:13 PM

33,072 posts, read 18,032,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
3-D chess goes to mueller.

3-D comb-overs goes to trump. that is a creative do, second only to flock of seagulls.
Okay...

But who inspired who?

Old 11-30-2018, 02:33 PM

28,343 posts, read 38,315,214 times
Quote:
I remember seeing photos of that meeting. Looked like something out of The Sopranos.

Cohen's Uncle Morton Levine ran a social club, the El Caribe, which was known as a hangout for Italian and Russian mobsters. According to this article, from the 70s through the 90s at least, Cohen's uncle's cub was the headquarters of Russian organized crime in the U.S.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog...-closer-i-look

Whatever Cohen is up to now, it is probably with the blessing of these guys.
It was obvious from the G20 photo op that Trump pals Putin and the Crown Prince no longer have any use for him. They're going to let him dangle in the political wind.

Old 11-30-2018, 02:59 PM

25,395 posts, read 11,949,792 times
Quote:
I remember seeing photos of that meeting. Looked like something out of The Sopranos.

Cohen's Uncle Morton Levine ran a social club, the El Caribe, which was known as a hangout for Italian and Russian mobsters. According to this article, from the 70s through the 90s at least, Cohen's uncle's cub was the headquarters of Russian organized crime in the U.S.

Possibly. Remember his father also called him out on supporting Trump, its not impossible that the mafia is not a fan either. Basically.....the mafia has more morals and ethics then Republican Senators who wouldn't impeach trump if he was gassing immigrants in showers as a final solution.

Old 11-30-2018, 03:37 PM

30,281 posts, read 12,738,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yes, Deutsche Bank did get a subpoena from Mueller
Donald Trumpís lawyer denies that US special counsel Robert Mueller subpoenaed Deutsche Bank. We stand by our story Ė which never said Mr. Trumpís own records were requested.

https://www.handelsblatt.com/today/f...rrXAeiheWD-ap5

Probably nothing to do with Trump but their was a large raid in Germany yesterday, their name comes up frequently in money laundering. This came up in the Panama Papers.

Quote:
Deutsche Bankís efforts to escape a history of scandal, wrongdoing and mismanagement suffered a serious setback Thursday after the German police raided its headquarters in Frankfurt as part of an investigation into whether the lender helped criminals launder money through offshore tax havens.
Arriving in a fleet of blue-and-white police vans, 170 prosecutors, federal agents, police officers and tax authorities searched the headquarters and five other sites in the area, prosecutors in Frankfurt said. The officers seized paper documents and electronic records related to the case, which involved hundreds of millions of euros, and were still at the bank late Thursday.
The investigation stems from information contained in the so-called Panama Papers and Offshore Leaks, a trove of confidential documents that helped to expose the workings of global money laundering and tax evasion, prosecutors said. Deutsche Bank employees, who were not identified, are suspected of guiding customers to establish companies in offshore tax havens and transfer money earned through criminal activity using Deutsche Bank accounts, the prosecutors said. A subsidiary in the British Virgin Islands is under intense scrutiny
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/29/b...ring-raid.html

Old 11-30-2018, 03:40 PM

28,633 posts, read 18,170,726 times
I read today (forget where) that the bank raid had nothing to do with Trump, but was related to the Panama Papers.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 11-30-2018, 03:44 PM

19,195 posts, read 22,147,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Probably nothing to do with Trump but their was a large raid in Germany yesterday, their name comes up frequently in money laundering. This came up in the Panama Papers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/29/b...ring-raid.html
Keep in mind that Trump is mentioned some 3,500 times in the Panama Papers, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility that the raid has something to do with Trump/Mueller.
We'll just have to wait and see to find out.

Ken

Old 11-30-2018, 04:14 PM

28,633 posts, read 18,170,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Keep in mind that Trump is mentioned some 3,500 times in the Panama Papers, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility that the raid has something to do with Trump/Mueller.
We'll just have to wait and see to find out.

Ken
Huh. Interesting.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 11-30-2018, 04:27 PM

19,195 posts, read 22,147,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Huh. Interesting.
Yeah, and it's pretty interesting that at pretty much the same time the Deutsche Bank was being raided so were the offices of the attorney who handled Trumps' taxes.
Coincidence?
Possibly - but then again maybe not.
And all this after Michael Cohen - Trump's longtime attorney and "fixer" - has been cooperating with Mueller.
Hmmmmmm

Now, the claim is the Deutsche Bank raid has nothing to do with Trump, but since Trump is mentioned so many times in the Panama Papers, I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Trumps previous Tax Attorney raid: https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...sly-worked-for

Deutsche Bank raid: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...s-raided-trump

Ken

Old 11-30-2018, 04:54 PM

27,831 posts, read 45,460,008 times
Quote:

Yes--I read about Cohen's connect to El Caribe---his uncle appaarently gave all the nephews and neices pieces of the club--
It was like the place in "A Bronx Tale" that Caz P's character used for his headquarters
Like the Soprano's place/back room...

Cohen's father however I think is different kettle of fish
His father is Doctor--holocaust survivor I heard--who was shamed by Trump's racist remarks around Charlottesville March
I guess Trump has been able to keep his racist views pretty much low key over the decades because he knows outward displays wouldn't work that well
Read up on how he would not take a recommendation from David Duke when he/Trump was running against Pat Buchannan for the nomination of some 3rd party in early 2000 maybe
At that time Trump would not step out and take that because he probably knew it would not do him any real good in the election--Buchannan didn't do too well, after all...
But the climate of the US has changed--the GOP had cultivated the right wing for decades in certain ways--
And with Trump taking up the Birther movement wholeheartedly he was willing to use the appearance of "legal" vs "racist" reservations about Obama's legitimate right to run for President...

He claims not to know who David Duke is---pathetic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies