Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 05:23 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Mexican Food is more local.
Taco Bell is a National Fast Food Chain, that I would not call "Mexican Food" It is crap, with some chili powder mixed in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2018, 05:24 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
It looks like thr black woman holding the iPhone and recording won the racism lottery. Never miss with black folks, iphones and Twitter. I wonder if this article is going to be on the root?
Racism? Her only complaint was that the clerk wouldn't take her order in English.

Old 09-15-2018, 05:37 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Symptom of that and other communities. At least Taco Bell dealt with the offending employee.

Old 09-15-2018, 05:59 AM

3,850 posts, read 2,227,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
This insanity has to stop. English needs to be made the official language.
What happened to this woman is rare.

We don't need to legally enforce language in the United States. Spanish usage naturally declines with the generations. Soon, most "Latinos" won't speak any Spanish.

If we tried to make English an official language, believe me, some idiot would try to make Spanish co-official and invent some historical reason to justify that. And that would be supported by left-leaning politicians.

Just ignore Spanish speakers.

Old 09-15-2018, 06:05 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Mexican Food is more local.
Taco Bell is a National Fast Food Chain, that I would not call "Mexican Food" It is crap, with some chili powder mixed in.

I know BB, we do have Taco Bell in the UK and it's not even the best Mexican restaurant chain in the UK.

Old 09-15-2018, 06:27 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Thousands of Latins live in that area. Many people DO speak english. I find it weird that they would hire someone who couldn’t speak at least basic English. The video also shows the woman who was taking the orders was very rude. I’ve eaten at Cuban restaurants and everyone knows basic English. I do get greeted first in Spanish until I tell them English please.

Old 09-15-2018, 06:29 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
Deport

Old 09-15-2018, 06:38 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Confucius says “He who pulls out cell phone first, wins”.

The customer was probably rude to the girl before the filming started and the girl used her Spanish as an out to not have to serve her. If this were the case, then the company needs to stand by their employees. Rudeness needs to be punished.

If I’m wrong, I’ll retract.

Old 09-15-2018, 07:29 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Confucius says “He who pulls out cell phone first, wins”.

The customer was probably rude to the girl before the filming started and the girl used her Spanish as an out to not have to serve her. If this were the case, then the company needs to stand by their employees. Rudeness needs to be punished.

If I’m wrong, I’ll retract.
Even if you went to Spain or Mexico, they would still serve you if you didn't speak Spanish.

The fact this happened in the US is beyond belief.

The employee was fired for her behaviour and there is nothing to suggest the customer was at fault.

Old 09-15-2018, 08:14 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
What happened to this woman is rare.

We don't need to legally enforce language in the United States. Spanish usage naturally declines with the generations. Soon, most "Latinos" won't speak any Spanish.

If we tried to make English an official language, believe me, some idiot would try to make Spanish co-official and invent some historical reason to justify that. And that would be supported by left-leaning politicians.

Just ignore Spanish speakers.

I seriously doubt that Spanish will disappear. Far too many from south of our border here both legally and illegally. Spanish speakers are adamant about using Spanish as their primary language of usage. As for this employee in Florida I assume that they were Cuban. They have turned Miami into little Havana where you can't even get a job unless you speak Spanish. So much for assimilation to English by Spanish speakers. Ain't gonna happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies