Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 06:38 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Republicans have had a long time to come up with a better plan and they don’t. They just want to devastate what’s left of Obamacare and screw the public. The Republicans seem to be concentrating on NOT giving the public any options, they’re even trying to get rid of pre existing conditions. Maybe if we take these politicians deluxe paid for insurance policies away and make them buy insurance like everyone else they could figure it out.
But, but, but FREEDOM!

Yeah; they got no plan. They could care less about their kids who will be coming of age in our 'gig' economy wherein there is no employer sponsored health care.

Their response? F'em.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2018, 06:57 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
But, but, but FREEDOM!

Yeah; they got no plan. They could care less about their kids who will be coming of age in our 'gig' economy wherein there is no employer sponsored health care.

Their response? F'em.
I just doubled checked the link and its saying the democrats are trying to block some plans.

I wonder why that is. Maybe they hate kids.

Old 09-15-2018, 07:09 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,222,624 times
Thank goodness for the people who understand that "COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH CARE' is the answer, with a Universal Availability To All American People.

No matter what plan democrats come up with, "republican detest seeing anything help American people, especially if they think it will benefit minorities! That's the simple fact of their malice minded attack something mentality.

Many of these are the EXACT same types, who's parents and grand parents reveled in "using minority tax money for a 100 yrs, to build and fix their white communities, to keep their taxes low for themselves.... Now, when tax money goes to help "All People", all these same conservative white people do is "whine about taxes"... because they can't stand to see tax money help anyone other than white people.

They have NEVER been FISCAL Conservative, all that means is: "They want tax money spent ONLY on what benefits white people". They proved that again in how they hustle up to kiss Trumps feet, because they think he will re-direct tax money to things that only benefit "right wing" white people. These same types want to pretend they don't know that the 100's of years of slavery generated monies is what kept white people taxes low, while they built up their communities with tax assisted money, and everything else slave produced revenue was used to keep cost low for white people. That's all that the "word conservative means" !!! They want to conserve the past of living off of the labor and toils of others to keep their cost low.

They detest the fact that "Equality" means tax monies NOW must assist ALL people. And the cost of things must reflect "ALL" people being paid a fair and equitable wage.

This evil minded self gluttonous madness will never be what it was in the past, so they just as well shut up and get with it, pay their taxes and shut the heck up. They are some of the most resentful and hateful beings in this society. always wanting more than everyone else, and seeking to deny something to anyone who does not look like them.
The best things about life is: It always moves forward, and these stuck in the mud types lusting to continuing the program of benefiting from others, will not continue. Many will die off and the new generations "will not carry on their resentful and hateful mentality". I don't say that to be mean, It is simply a fact.
Many of the Pre-1960's racist and bigots have passed away, and sadly, their first and second generation of offspring's in some cases, was groomed in the madness they spewed and embedded in their minds. BUT, the young people in many places today, don't buy into that vile.

They can't do today what was done for example in places like "Oakland" post World War II... when government money was used to build up suburbs, and then slap a phrase on the deed that only white people could get those homes. They can't cart business and industry to their neighborhoods and block and lock everyone else out, again, as they did with "Oakland" in the pre -1964 times.
They can't just go get jobs for being white and get paid more than everyone else because they were white, like some of their parents and grandparents did.

Even in the Administrations around the nation, they can't be the swindlers and crooks and get away with it as they did for centuries and decades, and we see them everyday, "getting busted", from the House of the Presidency and its Administration to Corporations. They can't treat women as "disposable pleasure toys" and get away with it", as more and more women can now speak up and call them out on it.

When it comes to "Health Care" America will get and expand "Universal Health Care", because the intelligence human respecting people, know "Its A National Security Concern".
Democrats should not support these "strip down pretenses of health care plan" that provide nothing, but take people money. The intelligent people know, "we must have comprehensive Health Care Programs and Managed Premium, with no room or options to deny people coverage for any reasons.

In another decades and certainly within the next two decades, many of these "attack something mentality right winger" will no longer be around, and with them will also depart the "worship the wealthy mentality" they are obsessed with.

Already, younger people are running for office, and we will get all these 70 yrs olds, who have been in congress forever, who have no idea what a 20 somethings life is, and don't even know what people in their 30's and 40's are facing, they only know what their old "confederate minded cronies do", which is "rip off anything and everything they can, and lust to try and invoke every consideration that existed during segregation, upon and against the people of today, especially minorities. Even some of the poor whites are awakening to realize, how they have been played, used and stripped and ripped and contained, to live on nothing but 'credit debt", and jobs that break their bodies down before they are 50 yrs old, while they remain as broke as their poor white ancestry was. They are finding out, no matter how they try to go where the wealthy go, or frequent establishments where the well to do and wealthy go, they are ostracized the same as their parents and grandparents were. Many are living today, with no health care find their conditions are the same as their poor ancestry had, where many died a horrible death because they could not get health care.
Some are learning they can no longer get Union Paid Media, and Pension, and when they get past 60 they find the pensions some did get is insufficient and their quality of life, then shows them how poor they truly are and how poor they have been, some wake up and find, they spent their lives paying the credit debt" that one deluded them to think they were doing well. But everything they once bought on credit, is either deteriorated or broken, because they could not afford to maintain or upgrade it.

Americans and especially the intellectually aware will not accept or settle for some "stripped down pretense of a medical program"...
The wise and intelligent did not get excited over some $3 dollars a day tax cut, while they well to do, got 100's of thousands, to many millions of PERMANENT tax cuts, while the poor get "$3 a day for a few years, while INFLATION cost them double and triple.

No one should expect the right winger to awaken to be aware, they have never demonstrated that, so the fact is, "time" takes care of that. They will become more and more ineffective to get in the way of progress as every year passes.

Quote:
Thank goodness for the aware young people !!! They are fully aware of what black people have said for 100's of years about inequality, and disenfranchisement, and young people today, know exact how it feels, and they won't tolerate it in the Future that BELONGS to them. They are well aware, that the Future is theirs, to do away with all the vile mentality, the madness of bigotry and racist stupidity, and the gender based inequity. They grow up now, knowing more about health,and more about the need for health care, and they are far smarter than previous generations about matters of finances. They don't want to 'fiction of being underpaid and living on credit" that deluded their parents and grandparents into thinking they were doing well, only to find time and age, showed them the real truth. Young people are not falling for the Carrot on the Stick in anything !!!!
Young people today, will date, mate and marry whomever they want and build their families like they want. They are the ones today, who show that they respect and appreciate multicultural truth, They have no interest in racist ignorance.
Those that are groomed in circles of that madness, will find themselves facing self created challenges every time they try and cling to the bias, bigotry, money obsessions and measuring themselves by material things; they will meet the challenges of their own making form their own foolishness and self consumption. Those who come from families who have a little money and think it makes them better than others, will continue to find they make themselves detestable.

Thank goodness for the people who understand that "COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH CARE' is the answer!!!... with Universal Availability To All American People. "No self respecting American should be supporting anything that provides less"

Last edited by Chance and Change; 09-15-2018 at 08:19 AM..

Old 09-15-2018, 07:48 AM

There is no Free Market without Managed Responsibility, and that Managed Responsibility is called "Regulatory Governance"... !!!

What some call free market is about as stupid and greedy as the person trying to sell water in the Storm Ravaged Carolina's for $14.99 a case. Price Gouging There is a law and penalty against it, and that is "how "Regulatory Governance" works, it works to protect the people from the greedy, the unscrupulous, and the inhumane madness of greed seekers.

Regulatory Governances, promotes respect for Humanity, because without it, we'd see more of the inhumanity of the greedy, by the bigots, and by the racist and the vile self centered that is far too ingrained in far too many.

If there was no Regulatory Governance, some of the racist would over charge any minority for anything and everything, it was common practice in the many years before the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Black and other minorities were charged higher interest rates, given unreal criteria to get a loan, and products, good and services were jacked up in price when it came to minorities, and people were biased with services when it came to minorities.

Many of these bigots and racist are descendent's from people who came to this country, not for a love of Democracy, they came seeking "riches by any means"... these are the same offspring's today of those people, as they fight against "Regulatory Governance", because they came from ancestry that had no respect for Democracy, they had no respect for Regulatory Governance, and they had no Respect for Human Equality... they had an "obsession for wealth, by any means, by any act upon and against anyone, and relished benefiting from the slave labor of others.

Some of these people are the same mindset as the bigots and racist of the past, that would not allow black people to enter medical facilities, who though it was to be only for white people. They pretended to be of morality, but the only concept of morality they knew was for protecting everything for white people only. These types had no moral conscience when it came to 'non white people". Some of them had no sense of morality, when it came to various groups of white people whom they did not like depending on what country the people came from.
This is the result of the influx of people who came to America with no respect for Democracy, no knowledge of even knowing what Democracy was or is, all they came and saw was a lust for material greed. We are today, a society is seeing the outgrowth of that madness.
They are fighting like desperate beast to try and preserve that vile, to the point, they ignore the laws of the land, they have no concept or sense to respect the morality of the nation, and they show they have no sense of social civility, they only want to have white nationalism, so they can try and preserve white privileges, while trying to deny anything and everything they can to any and all who are non white. These are the same types who support stripping immigrant and asylum seekers kids from their parents.

Yes, we will have a restoration of "Regulatory Governance" and we will have "Universal Health Care For ALL"... no matter how much the vile seekers of inhumanity whine and cry, and we will not accept anything less.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 09-15-2018 at 08:25 AM..

Old 09-15-2018, 07:55 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
What some call free market is about as stupid and greedy as the person trying to sell water in the Storm Ravaged Carolina's for $14.99 a case.

So $1.25 for a bottle of water is price gouging and greedy? I guess you have never used a vending machine?

Old 09-15-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
So $1.25 for a bottle of water is price gouging and greedy? I guess you have never used a vending machine?
Yes, I have bought water from a machine, although I don't make it a habit, because its an outrageous cost to pay for a bottle of water. I buy my water by the case, and I can get it for less than $4.... I buy 4 or more cases at a time.

I also try to keep "foods' that can be readily used in an disaster emergency, as well as try to prepare that if I have to evacuate, I can pick a location to go and cover the expense that is reasonable.

I tell all my friends and family, to try to keep at the very least a few $100 of "cash" some place where they can readily access it, (whether in the home or some other place) in case of an emergency. I don't rely solely on the plastic cards for situations where emergencies may arise.
Unfortunately, some people don't think of the fact that some emergencies may cause the data systems to fail, and then people can't access their accounts.
(I know people who take pride in saying, "I never carry cash").... I'm not one of them.
(I know people who take pride in saying, "they don't buy canned food").... I'm not one of them.
(I know people who take pride in saying, "I never by various packaged foods").... I'm not one of them.
(I have large plastic containers, that I can put clothes and goods in if an emergency strikes)
(I am working on scanning vital documents, to a flash or pocket drive, that I can store, or put in a safety deposit box, so I have documents in an emergency).

I will be installing a home "generator" and I've made some "flood barriers' that can be put up over my doors and garage, (hope to never have to use it), and I bought flood insurance, even though I don't live in a designated flood plain.

We buy water by the case at work, because we don't want to pay the vending machine price for water.
I keep food in the cabinet at work, in case there is a situation that may prevent us from getting home.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 09-15-2018 at 08:12 AM..

Old 09-15-2018, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Yes, I have bought water from a machine, although I don't make it a habit. I buy my water by the case, and I can get it for less than $4.... [i]I buy 4 or more cases at a time.[/I
Good, then you realize that $1.25/bottle is very reasonable for a bottle of water, and not at all price gouging.

Additionally, letting prices increase to account for demand actually helps keep shelves stocked for people who really need it. Not the person who last minute decides that they *might* need 5 cases so they buy it all at no real economic disincentive. Now the next person who actually needs it cant even get a bottle. In this case the greed is on the head of the consumer hoarding an incredibly valuable commodity at the expense of others who need it. Higher prices tend to scale down on that.

Old 09-15-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Yes, I have bought water from a machine, although I don't make it a habit, because its an outrageous cost to pay for a bottle of water. I buy my water by the case, and I can get it for less than $4.... I buy 4 or more cases at a time.

I also try to keep "foods' that can be readily used in an disaster emergency, as well as try to prepare that if I have to evacuate, I can pick a location to go and cover the expense that is reasonable.

I tell all my friends and family, to try to keep at the very least a few $100 of "cash" some place where they can readily access it, (whether in the home or some other place) in case of an emergency. I don't rely solely on the plastic cards for situations where emergencies may arise.
Unfortunately, some people don't think of the fact that some emergencies may cause the data systems to fail, and then people can't access their accounts.
(I know people who take pride in saying, "I never carry cash").... I'm not one of them.
I do all of these things too. And the difference between you and I is that you somehow expect the local store owner to be the emergency backup plan for consumers. These stores that have employees or their own family working during storms so that unprepared people can buy things, and who spend extra money on extra stock for people should be able to reap a reward for what they do, plain and simple.

Old 09-15-2018, 08:13 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
The solution is to stop government manipulation of the free market. We have been told housing, education, and health care were going to be fixed by the government, so they got heavily involved and screwed them up more than they were before they touched them. Free market over government please, I don't want a health care "bubble" like the housing and education ones.
Free market is anything but
The free market allowed one family to control the majority of the opioid mfg and sales in this country and create this huge opioid addiction disaster--
Now that same company --Purdue--has created a drug to market to "cure" the same opioid addiction--
All on the "free" market...

W/o regulation and goverment oversight (which the Trump WH is trying to eviscerate) people would be victims and prey for any unscrupulous and greedy companies--which are the greater majority of companies in business

If you think taking government out of the market would improve it--go to Russia
Very few regulations on how companies operate there
See how great the lives of the average Russian is, how safe their products, how they trust either their government to treat them fairly or the businesses they have to deal with on a daily basis...

Old 09-15-2018, 08:17 AM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
The free market allowed insurance companies to exclude basic care from their policies and refuse to cover pre-existing conditions. Free market health Care is a failure. What do the Republicans offer as a solution?

*crickets*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies