U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-18-2018, 09:41 PM
 
Location: Somewhere below Mason/Dixon
5,857 posts, read 6,933,060 times
Reputation: 10146

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I read your first paragraph, scratched my head, and asked myself how did this guy got on my ignore list?

That question was quickly answered in your second. Trump is the best President we've seen going back at least as far as LBJ, without question. Probably for longer than that, but with JFK, there would be a moment of pause for consideration. Sadly, we'll never know what full effect he may have had.

Trump did more for America than 9 others before him even before he took office by obliterating PC. And no one else could have or would have done that. And he has continued to advance the interests of average, normal Americans every day since.

Your derogatory comments feed the radical leftist pigs that we both know have done great damage to our national fabric. Thus you are aiding their woefully misguided efforts, so they are very troubling to see.
Ok I think we are conservatives of a different stripe. Trump was not my guy, actually Mike Pence is more my kind of candidate. I am glad Trump is not PC, I just wish he would fact check and think before he speaks. His treatment of our allies has really bothered me, as I believe NATO is a very important factor in keeping Russia and Islamic terrorism in check. The NATO powers are important friends of America and they should be treated as such. I also wish his personal morals were more in line with the conservative values he claims to support. Trump and congress did great with tax cuts. Health care and border control have been failures though. I personally believe we could have done better, that I suppose is where we stand apart. In the end though we are on the same side and I will vote for Trump in 2020 in spite of the reservations I have about Trump and his character. Fighting these social justice warriors and stopping the socialist agenda takes a real A game and we conservatives need to bring our A game to the table to stop them from ruining this country. My feelings about Trump will not prevent me from making my vote count for conservative Republicans in 18 and 20.

 
Old 09-18-2018, 09:47 PM
 
Location: Honolulu, HI
4,636 posts, read 1,159,020 times
Reputation: 6627
I wish Trump could run for more than 2 terms, the outrage from the left is worth it a lone.
 
Old 09-18-2018, 10:01 PM
 
Location: The Heart of Dixie
6,572 posts, read 11,637,898 times
Reputation: 3997
No, I don't miss the days of Obamacare, weakness against terrorism, unfair trade agreements and the War on Coal. And yes the left was dividing us well before Trump ran for president, like with Trayvon, BLM, etc. I believe Kaepernick started his bull crap before Trump even started running.
 
Old 09-18-2018, 10:48 PM
 
Location: Oregon
3,474 posts, read 662,431 times
Reputation: 2845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I wish Trump could run for more than 2 terms, the outrage from the left is worth it a lone.
So, you basically want a dictator?
 
Old 09-18-2018, 11:01 PM
 
38,004 posts, read 18,971,874 times
Reputation: 12084
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I know we had our problems. Lots to complain about, be angry about, little-to-no trust in government, "throw the bums out!" Sure, but as bad as it was, don't you miss the America before Trump?
LOL, no not at all. With how you feel just think, Democrats want bigger government yet will never be able to control who becomes president.... smart <sarcasm> So why not hand over more control to the gov't
 
Old 09-19-2018, 12:23 AM
Status: "Praise Be" (set 24 days ago)
 
Location: Trumpville
7,258 posts, read 3,290,490 times
Reputation: 6305
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
"America before the rise of political correctness."

This too just kills me. With all we can possibly take issue, this heartburn over being PC is hard for me to understand. For me to be PC is simply not to degrade or insult someone when there is no good reason to do so. It's simply to avoid being mean, disrespectful or demeaning to others. Not be a dumb arse...

Problem is, however, for mean spirited dumb arses, it's really hard not to be degrading or insulting to others, and having to make the effort brings all kind of heartburn, as most forms of ignorance generally do.

For me and others it's not even an issue! Why? Because we're simply not inclined to be needlessly insulting, uncivil or mean to others, call it PC or simple human decency, whatever you like but if you have heartburn about being PC, you might just want to better understand why.
The entire thing is that people want an America where white fundamentalist Christian men run everything and everyone else knows their place in the hierarchy. They want women back in the kitchen, gays back in the closet, and brown people back on their side of the tracks out of sight and out of mind. They want a nation that is heavily culturally Christian and where Christianity is promoted by the government. People may have the right to not believe or practice a different religion but they need to be discreet about it as to not offend the fundamentalists. At the core of it all is a deep, seething anger and hatred towards the LGBT community, largely because of the Obergefell v Hodges SCOTUS decision and the fact that the church was dealt a huge defeat. Individuality is to not be tolerated. Everyone must know their role in society and play their part. It's hard to believe it's 2018 and this is where we are at. It feels like we are back in the 1950s again.
 
Old 09-19-2018, 08:30 AM
 
Location: Somewhere below Mason/Dixon
5,857 posts, read 6,933,060 times
Reputation: 10146
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The entire thing is that people want an America where white fundamentalist Christian men run everything and everyone else knows their place in the hierarchy. They want women back in the kitchen, gays back in the closet, and brown people back on their side of the tracks out of sight and out of mind. They want a nation that is heavily culturally Christian and where Christianity is promoted by the government. People may have the right to not believe or practice a different religion but they need to be discreet about it as to not offend the fundamentalists. At the core of it all is a deep, seething anger and hatred towards the LGBT community, largely because of the Obergefell v Hodges SCOTUS decision and the fact that the church was dealt a huge defeat. Individuality is to not be tolerated. Everyone must know their role in society and play their part. It's hard to believe it's 2018 and this is where we are at. It feels like we are back in the 1950s again.
I am in my 40s so I was not here for the 50s but I can say without doubt that I am sure they were much better than 2018. I know from my own memory that the 1970s and 1980s were better tha 2018 because there was less cultural pollution and leftists, SJWs etc. were tiny in number and not taken seriously.

White Christian men founded this nation and ran it. Under their leadership it became one of the most successful and powerful nations in history. I am not sorry or ashamed of any of this. We are simply sick of the white bashing and the attacks on our culture.

Women back in the kitchen? Only if they are good at it We have conservative women in leadership positions around the nation, your statement is false. Your just angry we reject the angry feminist “me too” view of women’s issues.

“Gays back in the closet”.....yep, no matter how much y’all try a whole lot of this country will never accept homosexuality as normal. Yes there is a deep seething anger of the Supreme Court edict on gay marriage. Not only does gay marriage disgust people but the court illegally created law. Many of us simply do not accept it and never will. If you choose to engage in socially unacceptable practices it should be done in the privacy of your home or “in the closet” as you say.

“Brown people back on the other side of tracks”......wrong. Any freedom loving American supports fair treatment for all citizens. You will find minorities as conservative leaders around the country just as you do women. Again y’all don’t like the fact that we reject your angry view of race issues in this nation. BLM and Colin Kaepernick are not representative of all minorities in America in spite of how liberals present these issues. What they represent is a group of angry hateful underclass who live on the fringes of society and the law. Meanwhile millions of minorities are doin fine in this country.

“We want a heavily culturally Christian nation where Christianity is promoted”......true, and I will not be sorry for this either. We have freedom of religion but that does not mean we should remove Christian values from the sight of all who don’t believe.

I also see you seem to resent the idea of an ordered society and law and order in general. I don’t want your socialism, I don’t want the politically correct telling me how to think, what to say and what to believe in. I do not want them rewriting our history or redefining our culture. I’ll go further and say I want these leftist influences in our culture stomped out. They are dangerous and if left unchecked they will create a nation that looks more like Venezuela than the USA. One thing every leftist should remember............eventually the conservatives will fight to protect this nation. We will not become a socialist nation peacefully, you will have to fight to impose it.
 
Old 09-19-2018, 09:16 AM
 
Location: Eastern NC
18,102 posts, read 16,650,034 times
Reputation: 15958
I miss having an adult in the WH. I miss a WH not being under investigation daily. I miss having a President who actually cares and loves his wife and family. I miss a President who doesn't cheat on his wife. I miss a President who speaks like an adult. I miss a President who doesn't need to having monthly feel good rallies. I miss a President who doesn't need to read from notes in front of him written by someone else. etc, etc.
 
Old 09-19-2018, 10:57 AM
 
10,160 posts, read 2,536,144 times
Reputation: 1231
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
The trajectory of America went off the rails back in 1965 when the left hijacked a power they didn't constitutionally even possess in the first place and decided to import tens of millions of the non-white global poor into the country, because they didn't like white people. The results have been....well, what you see now.
Everybody, especially older folks, have their take on how it was "in the good old days" as compared to now. Yours is typical of Trump supporters who boil everything down to immigrants, legal or illegal, but there is a wide varied collection of factors that ultimately evolve America from one decade to the next. Here's another take you might be interested to consider. (Right, probably not).

Has the U.S. motto become ‘In Nothing We Trust’?
 
Old 09-19-2018, 10:59 AM
 
953 posts, read 1,253,285 times
Reputation: 1847
Not even a little bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top