Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 02:17 PM

33,862 posts, read 16,906,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Creationist here who does believe dinosaurs came onto Noah's Ark. However, to find reliable scientific evidence to back that up would be almost miraculous.
Ask Ginsberg. She was alive then, too.

Old 09-15-2018, 02:24 PM

8,435 posts, read 6,818,616 times
I think Fred and Barney were on the Ark too along with the dinosaurs. The creation as explained by Hanna and Barbera.

Old 09-15-2018, 02:27 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,113,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Evil men needed something to do away with the God of the Bible; hence evolution. Bad idea because God cannot be done away with. You can ignore His commandments, but you can't get away from Him. Even in hell, you'll ever be reminded of God's judgement upon you. Cursed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Yes, because evil cannot dwell with God because God is good. Therefore, hell fire is your habitation since you loved evil.
Make sure to clean up with some Kleenex when you're done.

Old 09-15-2018, 02:28 PM

25,480 posts, read 18,612,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
<shrug> If you're in favor of teaching creationism - or its less-honest mutation, intelligent design - as part of a science curriculum, then sorry - you are either plain old wrong or nutty or both. Or, admittedly, the final option: You're out to appeal to those who are.

And if the attitude is the problem, well:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CusBWVpVMAADOqy.jpg

- it's the new black. Sorry, I've given up on walking on eggshells around people who want to argue their ignorance deserves respect on par with hard-gained knowledge. You and yours declared that PC was dead, so deal.
I have seen no more plausible explanation concerning the origin of the universe from science than I have from various religions. Science is good at explaining that which it can observe. Beyond that, it is just as sure a guess as religion is. The fact is, NOBODY has ever satisfactorily explained the factual origin of our universe. And I'd doubt they ever will unless someone comes up with a way to travel through time.

So go ahead and herald a bunch of guesses in a science textbook over a bunch of guesses in a religious text. But until you can PROVE one or the other, they are all guesses and not something with which I waste my time. Unproven hypotheses are called hypotheses for a reason. When you can offer me proof as does a math text offer proofs of theorems, I'm all ears.

Old 09-15-2018, 02:32 PM

37,050 posts, read 19,035,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I went to Catholic School. ( school did not teach Science. There was an element of creationism in the ole God created Earth in 6 days and rested on the 7th.

The emphasis was on what not how or when this supposedly happened.

There are numerous brands of Creationism. Young Earth is one of them.
When I was a Methodist kid I asked how god could create everything in six days, and was told " Days were longer then".

When I asked how Methuselah could have lived nine hundred years, I was told "Years were shorter then".

When I asked why Jesus would turn water into wine if drinking was a sin, I was told "It wasn't really wine, it was grape juice".

When I asked where Cain got a wife, I was told "God created her especially for him", with no mention of the rest of the people in the Land of Nod ever having been created.

When I asked why god would kill babies who were innocent to punish the guilty, I was told "God works in mysterious ways".

When I asked why an all-powerful god would need pharoah's permission to free the slaves to go with Moses, I never got an answer. Ditto why a loving god would send souls to hell because by an accident of birth they lived and died before Jesus showed up.

It didn't take long to figure out they were winging it because nobody had a clue. The still don't. They believe in things they can't prove because their parents did. There is no empirical evidence to prove any of the stories in the Bible, outside the historical places that were used for their settings.

Old 09-15-2018, 02:33 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,686,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
As should books on evolution and the big bang theory.

ALL are simply theory, with a smattering of historical and scientific fact. Still theories. As in: Not Proven.

No matter how loud each side yells about them.
In scientific terms, gravity’s just a theory too. So are atoms. So is the germ theory of disease.

Old 09-15-2018, 02:42 PM

19,709 posts, read 10,054,697 times
look at this proof
Attached Thumbnails
Oh great, the creationists are coming back.-41824710_2078442012190449_1024553131221975040_n.jpg  

Old 09-15-2018, 02:43 PM

25,480 posts, read 18,612,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
In scientific terms, gravity’s just a theory too. So are atoms. So is the germ theory of disease.
Not really; they are all observable.

Old 09-15-2018, 02:46 PM

10,509 posts, read 6,130,322 times
Quote:
Arizona science curriculum to be reviewed by a guy who thinks there were dinosaurs on Noah's Ark.

https://eu.azcentral.com/story/opini...sm/1291933002/

I know, I know - if we call the dumb hicks out for being dumb hicks, they get pouty and stubborn and double down on the dumb-hickery just to teach us a lesson.

But in the name of all that's holy and unholy, Arizona, could you try to not embrace the stereotype? I've been to Phoenix, you have what looks like a fairly advanced civilization, what is with this?
Did they ever go away?

The whole flat earth theory stems from creationism, and flat earthers are rife! Could there possibly be a more stupid concept? I swear the world is regressing instead of progressing.

Old 09-15-2018, 02:48 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,148,967 times
Quote:
Arizona science curriculum to be reviewed by a guy who thinks there were dinosaurs on Noah's Ark.

https://eu.azcentral.com/story/opini...sm/1291933002/

I know, I know - if we call the dumb hicks out for being dumb hicks, they get pouty and stubborn and double down on the dumb-hickery just to teach us a lesson.

But in the name of all that's holy and unholy, Arizona, could you try to not embrace the stereotype? I've been to Phoenix, you have what looks like a fairly advanced civilization, what is with this?

We're not back we never left......the dumb hicks know a supreme being supernaturally created the place while the elite super brains believe in aliens and populating Mars.....time will show who is right.....and it won't be much longer..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.