Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 02:56 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,009,739 times

Advertisements

Everyone knows about Kanye West and his MAGA hats. No comment really needed. As far as I know, Trump is still on track to hold some kind of racial 'summit' with Kanye and Candace Owens in Oct. 2018.

But there have been several other notable hip hop artists to fall victim to the siren song of conservatism. In 2012 Nicki Minaj rapped in a song:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS...ry?id=17153313
Quote:
"I'm a Republican voting for Mitt Romney/You lazy b*****s is f*****g up the economy," Minaj says in the song.
Rapper 50 Cent is reportedly an active investor and businessman who leans Republican. He helped found a sports drink company that was sold to Coca Cola for $4.1 billion. The Trump campaign approached him in 2017, and to his credit he rebuffed them.

Lastly is this rant by singer Cardi B regarding government spending. I have heard this played on a conservative talk show (warning: LANGUAGE)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvDQjUBHG5U

I am especially concerned because these are people who are very influential among young African Americans. They are being steered down a very wrong path. What can be done to correct this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2018, 02:59 PM

20,865 posts, read 9,529,660 times
Well then, next time some republican here complains about high murder rates in a heavily black area of a city, and then attempts to claim it is "democrats" doing all the shooting, I'll be happy to point them to your observation in this thread.

Old 09-15-2018, 03:05 PM

29,818 posts, read 24,902,718 times
What's the matter? Worried the serfs are going to #WalkAway from the plantation?

Wake up loser libs. Not everyone wants to be your gullible and easily manipulated slave. Some would rather venture out on their own and obtain success independent of your handouts and lies. 8 years of Oloser left the African American community lost, broke and empty inside. Not a good place to be, but that's where government typically leads you. Some are starting to see the light.

By the way jazz > hip hop. African Americans created some amazing music, but hip hop is pretty much trash. Started out fresh but ended up wholly corrupted and stupefied. They would be much better off moving away from the commercial music and entertainment establishment, because it has ruined the originality and flavor of the music.

Old 09-15-2018, 03:07 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
At some point the Black Community must leave the Democrat plantation, and take control of their own destiny.

Old 09-15-2018, 03:07 PM

Here is ultra-conservative gadfly Ben Shapiro touting Cardi B's "amazing tax rant." Not good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH9ydD6KWTc

"Let's forge a partnership here," he says. "Cardi B and Ben Shapiro."

Old 09-15-2018, 04:01 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I am especially concerned because these are people who are very influential among young African Americans. They are being steered down a very wrong path. What can be done to correct this?
Oh no! Can't have those young African Americans thinking for themselves and getting off the liberal democrat plantation now, can we?

I'm sure you can correct them by continuing to tell them how ignorant they are and how they can't think for themselves and must listen to you.

Old 09-15-2018, 04:19 PM

24,484 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Kenye West dared "his people" to dare to think for themselves, get off the Democrat bus and consider the option.

OP why aren't you concerned with the influential rappers and actors that tow the line for the Dems? How come they are not steering people down the wrong path?

What can be done to correct this?
Give people the facts, let them be educated and let them decide for themselves.

It is ridiculous how the Dems think that they own the Black community when it comes to votes.

Old 09-15-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Oh no! Can't have those young African Americans thinking for themselves and getting off the liberal democrat plantation now, can we?

I'm sure you can correct them by continuing to tell them how ignorant they are and how they can't think for themselves and must listen to you.
None of this is remotely what I said. Liberalism means having critical thinking skills and thinking for yourself. I'm just concerned that young African Americans could be wrongly influenced to vote against their own self-interest. Where is the problem with that?

Old 09-15-2018, 04:23 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
None of this is remotely what I said. Liberalism means having critical thinking skills and thinking for yourself. I'm just concerned that young African Americans could be wrongly influenced to vote against their own self-interest. Where is the problem with that?
Do you have any proof of that?

Old 09-15-2018, 04:25 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
I think they'll have to think for themselves.

I don't think it's a black/white issue... some people prefer the platform of a conservative (and these people tend to be wealthy, as are the rappers you mention here) and some prefer the platform of a liberal. Some of those are also quite wealthy, but plenty are not.

So.... in short, it depends.

The Democrats will tend to hold on to the poor vote among black Americans sort of like the way the Repubs hold on to it for poor white Americans.

Rich folks, no matter their skin color, are a mixed bag in terms of how they lean and it tends to be either on finances or on social issues.

Kanye is just mentally ill.

The rest? Who knows?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies