U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 12:10 PM

15,388 posts, read 9,348,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62
I dont think they are claiming these things were 'faked' (people really did die in these events), but its who is actually responsible and the reason behind it that is in question.
Look at the OP's first link - the claim is that the flight crew and passenger's phone calls were fake and made by actors in a hangar.

https://youtu.be/7md2QzNsAe4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2018, 12:19 PM

4,783 posts, read 1,544,109 times
Wasn't it proven that the cell phone technology needed to make all these calls from high altitude was not available in 2001? That the technology wasn't that advanced at that time?

Old 09-16-2018, 01:27 PM
Status: "Busy being triggered by pumpkins" (set 7 days ago)

17,365 posts, read 8,542,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Wasn't it proven that the cell phone technology needed to make all these calls from high altitude was not available in 2001? That the technology wasn't that advanced at that time?
Yes. In 2013 they were talking about how people might be allowed to make in-flight phone calls, but that the airlines would have to install satellite technology for them to be able to do this.

https://money.cnn.com/2013/11/22/tec...hts/index.html

The phone calls are one of the things that didn't quite make sense when it happened.

Several things didn't make sense.

The very first thought I had while it was happening and while the news replayed it over and over - was how could someone getting a Joe Citizen's kind of pilot license command a commercial plane as though he'd been flying for years? It couldn't have looked any smoother, at least the clips we were shown, and it never sat right with me.

That doesn't mean I believe in any conspiracy theories. There is a place between 'believes everything being fed to us by the government via the mainstream media' and 'I wear a tinfoil hat' and I sit somewhere between the two.

The last group I'm willing to believe on anything is the government, however.

Old 09-16-2018, 01:28 PM

29,805 posts, read 15,213,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
No.

Old 09-16-2018, 01:40 PM

21,768 posts, read 8,141,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Yes. In 2013 they were talking about how people might be allowed to make in-flight phone calls, but that the airlines would have to install satellite technology for them to be able to do this.

https://money.cnn.com/2013/11/22/tec...hts/index.html

The phone calls are one of the things that didn't quite make sense when it happened.

Several things didn't make sense.

The very first thought I had while it was happening and while the news replayed it over and over - was how could someone getting a Joe Citizen's kind of pilot license command a commercial plane as though he'd been flying for years? It couldn't have looked any smoother, at least the clips we were shown, and it never sat right with me.

That doesn't mean I believe in any conspiracy theories. There is a place between 'believes everything being fed to us by the government via the mainstream media' and 'I wear a tinfoil hat' and I sit somewhere between the two.

The last group I'm willing to believe on anything is the government, however.
I'm in this camp.

They faked a ton of things for the moon landing too and got busted.

In the end it's government so you never know what really happened.

Old 09-16-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm in this camp.

Ain't that the truth!

Old 09-16-2018, 02:04 PM

3,005 posts, read 468,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm in this camp.

Silverstein buys terrorist insurance on his purchase of the twin towers 6 weeks before the attack....
Really?
Ever read every insurance policy ever? Always a terror act exclusion.

Talk about conspiracy.
Then 14 years of war to cover it up.

Then today Silverstein promotes Grafitti Art all over walls in front of the Twin Tower location...trying to cover up his guilt much for being complicit and profitting off the death of thousands of people...?

Old 09-16-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Silverstein buys terrorist insurance on his purchase of the twin towers 6 weeks before the attack....
Really?
Ever read every insurance policy ever? Always a terror act exclusion.

Talk about conspiracy.
Then 14 years of war to cover it up.

Then today Silverstein promotes Grafitti Art all over walls in front of the Twin Tower location...trying to cover up his guilt much for being complicit and profitting off the death of thousands of people...?
This doesn't raise the eyebrows with me. He didn't buy the towers until July 24th, so that would mean he insured it almost as soon as he bought it. And yes, he bought separate terrorism insurance coverage because several people in NYC were saying for years that the towers would be an easy target for terrorist acts. That was just a smart business decision.

Old 09-16-2018, 07:56 PM

4,121 posts, read 2,869,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
This doesn't raise the eyebrows with me. He didn't buy the towers until July 24th, so that would mean he insured it almost as soon as he bought it. And yes, he bought separate terrorism insurance coverage because several people in NYC were saying for years that the towers would be an easy target for terrorist acts. That was just a smart business decision.
And maybe because the North Tower had already had a terrorist attack in 1993?

Old 09-16-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
And maybe because the North Tower had already had a terrorist attack in 1993?
Exactly. I don't think the truth is all out there, but this is one thing that I'm not questioning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies