U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 07:22 AM

33,892 posts, read 14,874,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
And what prominent Obama supporter referred to him as "the Messiah"? Can you name one?
I can NEVER understand when someone makes a statement just because YOU didn't hear it, you claim it did NOT happen and challenge the poster to provide proof.

And WE are called the ignorant and uneducated!

"
Barbara Walters admits ‘we’ thought Obama was ‘the next messiah’

"Barbara Walters admitted on a broadcast appearance with Piers Morgan that maybe Christmas wasn’t the time to say it, but it’s true – the media regarded President Obama as the “next messiah” because of his promises and policies."

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ma-was-next-m/

"
Terrorist, Superman, feminist, messiah: Barack Obama's life as a cover star

"During his eight-year tenure, the press presented Obama as feminist, communist, fashion model, Jew, the messiah, Superman, George Washington, President Franklin Roosevelt, Julius Caesar, Muslim terrorist and even the Hindu deity Lord Shiva. This bizarre kaleidoscope of characterisations reflected a sense of confusion about what Obama stood for and the impossible scope of expectations heaped upon him."

https://www.theguardian.com/artandde...s-a-cover-star

"Obama, a ‘special ‘child, left to create his own internal image of ‘father’, and related meanings of strength, protection, leadership, etc.” Also, “Perseus had help from the gods. Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey"

"Evan Thomas called Obama “sort of God,” according to the Media Research Center. “We’re not just parochial, we’re not just chauvinistic, we’re not just provincial,” Thomas told MSNBC host Chris Matthews. (Thomas was talking about the Middle East, not defending his cocktail-circuit friends.) “We stand for something – I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God.” Ever the powerhouse intellectual, Matthews responded, “Yeah.”

"Politiken, a leading Danish newspaper, proclaimed to the world that Obama is far greater than Jesus Christ"

"Michelle Obama, appears to have remained a stalwart disciple to the last, bitter end. “We have an amazing story to tell,” the first lady said as recently as April 2012, according to The Weekly Standard. “This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light."

https://dailycaller.com/2014/11/01/r...s-the-messiah/

Enough for you? I HAVE MORE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2018, 08:45 AM

12,298 posts, read 7,445,765 times
Quick Enough (up above): What others have called Obama doesn't really count, does it. He's never called himself a Messiah which isn't true of Trump and his "Only I can fix the country" attitude. Trump thinks he's a god who can get away with anything and not have to pay a price.

Old 12-09-2018, 11:03 AM

27,901 posts, read 15,388,710 times
The people referring to Obama as 'messiah' were the Republicans.

Old 12-09-2018, 11:24 AM

7,339 posts, read 3,746,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The people referring to Obama as 'messiah' were the Republicans.
Yes. Some of Obama's supporters might have been a little excessive in their praise but it was the pubs (and Trump supporters) who kept harping on (and are still at it) the "Messiah" label. And these are the same people who believe that that Trump has never told a lie.

Old 12-09-2018, 11:30 AM

18,389 posts, read 16,870,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"cultists say the darndest things'

At least we haven't stooped as low as dem '"cultist" did when they called Obama the "Messiah"!

It looks like ANYBODY who supports ANY politician is NOW a "cultist" according to you.

I guess that would make YOU a pelosi "cultist" and a" shumer "cultist", hillary '"cultist", etc. and EVERY politician YOU have voted for!

LOL, the only ones who called Obama "messiah" were Conservatives. Now there have been many instances of The cult who said Trump was appointed by God himself. Now who is the cultist?

And as for the rest of your ramblings, grow up dude.

Old 12-09-2018, 11:31 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,847,116 times
on original question ------we should be worried about pence and mother at the helm-----not him being worried . I believe he is just marking time to finish drumfs term.

Old 12-09-2018, 12:04 PM

3,650 posts, read 1,798,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
I would be if I were him!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...184400353.html

Politics
It's Not Just the President* Who Ought to Be Sweating Today
Esquire Charles P. Pierce,Esquire Fri, Sep 14 2:44 PM EDT

From Esquire

Before the Paul Manafort's Destiny Party really gets rolling-Vodka and ostrich meat for everyone!-let's pause for a moment and consider Vice President Mike Pence. The Choirboy (pace Doghouse Riley) was going nowhere in the winter of 2016.

I really wish Mike Pence was involved in the Russia scandal, I hate to see this guy became President.

Old 12-09-2018, 12:10 PM

15,370 posts, read 5,100,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I can NEVER understand when someone makes a statement just because YOU didn't hear it, you claim it did NOT happen and challenge the poster to provide proof. <snip, because see below>
But Obama, Obama, Hillary, Obama, Hillary. Obama, Hillary. Oh, and by the way, Obama, Hillary, Obama, Hillary, Obama.

There, I summed up the majority of your posts here. No need for anyone to read anything else you post now, as every post of yours pretty much comes down to that, no matter what the topic is.

And you have plenty of company here on C-D who also fit into this category.

Old 12-09-2018, 02:51 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,847,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
But Obama, Obama, Hillary, Obama, Hillary. Obama, Hillary. Oh, and by the way, Obama, Hillary, Obama, Hillary, Obama.

There, I summed up the majority of your posts here. No need for anyone to read anything else you post now, as every post of yours pretty much comes down to that, no matter what the topic is.

And you have plenty of company here on C-D who also fit into this category.

you forgot but emails but benghazi but Clinton foundation-'and so on

Old 12-09-2018, 03:23 PM

16,604 posts, read 7,339,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I really wish Mike Pence was involved in the Russia scandal, I hate to see this guy became President.
Depends on what can be proved about what he knew about Flynn's actions and what he did about what he knew.

Interesting times indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or