U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2018, 10:40 PM

31,164 posts, read 57,274,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Looting has to do with peoples needs being met.

It has absolutely nothing to do with morality, capitalism, or being an underachiever.
Incorrect.

Looting is all about opportunity. Nothing more. Those people broke into the store and took stuff out of the store because they could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2018, 10:47 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,235,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Private property is paramount in anarchy. Looting is a violation of the non-aggression principle.
Tell that to the looters. Anarchy would lead banditry, vigilantism, and worse.

Old 09-16-2018, 10:58 PM

21,736 posts, read 8,133,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Tell that to the looters. Anarchy would lead banditry, vigilantism, and worse.
Hard to tell the looters that when they're dead from lead poisoning.

Old 09-16-2018, 10:59 PM

164 posts, read 40,288 times
loved the reporter. I love it when someone calls these thugs out on their actions. These looters are the same people who think they're entitled to steal a purse or daypack or wallet from commuters everyday downtown in my city. We see it often from the usual suspect. We need to stop making excuses for lazy self-entitled people like this, but that's another thread.

Old 09-16-2018, 11:03 PM

404 posts, read 201,000 times
Well, I only hope that the owners of that Family Dollar store closes down that business and leave that area for good.

Sorry, if the locals don't care about being decent humans, then screw them... My only concerns would be for the elderly that still live there who now will have to suffer because a group of losers desired to break the law.

As for the people that are in there teens, twenties amend thirties, I hope the enjoy their walk to a better part of town... Since they're on welfare, free time shouldn't be a problem.

You can't let these losers loot cuz it we spred to other areas and the. Turn into a riot... The police have to stop it before it becomes a bigger problem.

Old 09-16-2018, 11:32 PM

47,316 posts, read 24,612,722 times
Family Dollar across the street from the projects?

Yeah...that was gonna happen.

Old 09-17-2018, 04:54 AM

7,546 posts, read 4,051,243 times
True dat. Had it been CNN, the interview would have started with the reporter asking, Tell me Sir, what long series of cruel, inhumane, racist, misogynistic, soul-killing injustices brought you to finally, righteously seek justice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Agreed. I'm just guessing-but it's my bet that the reporter was not working for CNN.

Old 09-17-2018, 04:56 AM

1,957 posts, read 1,046,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
loved the reporter. I love it when someone calls these thugs out on their actions. These looters are the same people who think they're entitled to steal a purse or daypack or wallet from commuters everyday downtown in my city. We see it often from the usual suspect. We need to stop making excuses for lazy self-entitled people like this, but that's another thread.
No you don’t.

If the looters were white people, this would be a different thread.

He posted this because the looters were black people.

I do agree we should stop making excuses for people who steal.

Old 09-17-2018, 05:33 AM

2,378 posts, read 1,215,289 times
Quote:
No you donít.

If the looters were white people, this would be a different thread.

He posted this because the looters were black people.

I do agree we should stop making excuses for people who steal.
Find a report/news story/video where white people are looting. It's not about race, looting by anyone is a crime, but the vast majority of looting is done by black people.

Old 09-17-2018, 05:41 AM

2,378 posts, read 1,215,289 times
Quote:
Looting has to do with peoples needs being met.

It has absolutely nothing to do with morality, capitalism, or being an underachiever.
WRONG!!! This is why the morals of people in this country have gone down the tube. Ransacking and stealing from a store has to do with "people's needs being met?????" Do you realize how twisted and evil you sound?

What about the needs of whoever owned the store????? What about knowingly breaking the law and stealing? It's no wonder people are committing crimes like this in this country when people are giving them subliminal messages that it's ok because it's about "peoples [sic] needs being met."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies