U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2018, 08:23 PM

6,235 posts, read 1,736,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
We don't want a state police. They would shut every thing down and no one will get any where that way. For the person that has that piece of paper and has assumed control, if a person is willing to go the distance there is that court of law, to handle any injustice a person may believe has been handed to them, by the controller. So who really has control? Find out in court.

As for as these looters are concerned. It wouldn't matter what type of economic system, social or capital ... people got to eat. And ATM do not work when the power is out. Nor does the mail run, when the streets are under 10 feet of water.

They can not swipe their government cards so it wouldn't really matter if they have $2.00 on that card or $2,000.00, or they haven't a card at all, until the power comes back no one has squat. They know this ... thus they took off to do what they could, however they could.

What happens next is typical of what happens in any Republic ... a court of law.
Court of laws have nothing to do with freedom. If someone takes your land, you go to the community councils.

If you have a piece of paper that claims ownership of land you donít operate on, then it is authoritarian and not real. The workers control the means of production thanks to natural law and personal property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Sun is setting right now. Got up to around 90 today...scorcher. I gotta move closer to the beach for the cool breeze.

But once again, you know who lives near the beach? The white man of course. Him and his capitalism own Santa Monica, Malibu, Manhattan Beach, and Redondo.

It's never fair. Time to riot!
Maybe if Los Angeles formed a working class city Council, they could help facilitate public transport instead of letting auto makers control the market thanks to supply chain monopoly.

Think, the county would actually be livable and people of all races would socialize with each other as comrads instead of competitors.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:27 PM

7,530 posts, read 4,022,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Court of laws have nothing to do with freedom. If someone takes your land, you go to the community councils.

If you have a piece of paper that claims ownership of land you donít operate on, then it is authoritarian and not real. The workers control the means of production thanks to natural law and personal property.
Levi Straus ... lost the company and declared bankruptcy. The employees that had been working there, pooled their money, bought the company and continued to work there. It took a court of law to get it all done.

Free enough?

Old 09-17-2018, 08:27 PM

21,755 posts, read 8,141,047 times
Quote:
We don't want a state police. They would shut every thing down and no one will get any where that way. For the person that has that piece of paper and has assumed control, if a person is willing to go the distance there is that court of law, to handle any injustice a person may believe has been handed to them, by the controller. So who really has control? Find out in court.

As for as these looters are concerned. It wouldn't matter what type of economic system, social or capital ... people got to eat. And ATM do not work when the power is out. Nor does the mail run, when the streets are under 10 feet of water.

They can not swipe their government cards so it wouldn't really matter if they have $2.00 on that card or $2,000.00, or they haven't a card at all, until the power comes back no one has squat. They know this ... thus they took off to do what they could, however they could.

What happens next is typical of what happens in any Republic ... a court of law, which may find them innocent, given the circumstances.
People have to eat...true.

They also have to take care of themselves and not rely on theft if things get tough.

Give me a break.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Levi Straus ... lost the company and declared bankruptcy. The employees that had been working there, pooled their money, bought the company and continued to work there. It took a court of law to get it all done.

Free enough?
Abolish court of law and allow all workers to have a say in the capital they operate.

There is no moral or natural light that should let a capitalist control production because they have a piece of paper.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:32 PM

9,489 posts, read 3,780,232 times
Quote:
Abolish court of law and allow all workers to have a say in the capital they operate.

There is no moral or natural light that should let a capitalist control production because they have a piece of paper.
Let's keep this thread at least remotely on topic, and not give mods an excuse to lock it up.

7,530 posts, read 4,022,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
People have to eat...true.

They also have to take care of themselves and not rely on theft if things get tough.

Give me a break.
I agree with you. People should not steal under any circumstances. However, who am I? Who am I to these people? I'm not God. I can't tell them what to do or not do or what is a good enough reason, or if there ever is one.

Only our court system can do that. That is why we have one. It is a system that isn't in the right or wrong business. It is in the legal business.

Quote:
Maybe if Los Angeles formed a working class city Council, they could help facilitate public transport instead of letting auto makers control the market thanks to supply chain monopoly.

Think, the county would actually be livable and people of all races would socialize with each other as comrads instead of competitors.
What are you talking about?

I can't live at the beach because I don't make enough money. Though some here believe I should just crash Cher's Malibu beach house that's not how sane/moral folks think.

It's supply and demand. People want to live in Cher's house because it's nice and Malibu is nice. Prices are lower in the South L.A. because nobody wants to live in the ghetto.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:36 PM

13,490 posts, read 29,434,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
You notice how calm and relaxed some of these Looters were, as they sauntered into the store?

Some of these Looters are likely on Section 8 subsidized housing, food stamps, fat refund checks, and free school lunches. I hope they round all up these LOSERS and put them in jail. Oh wait, more free food, more free housing.... They'll be fine.

How about identifying them and cutting off all their public assistance FOREVER for vandalizing and stealing from the store?
Notice how many of them are obese? Theyíre certainly not starving.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:01 PM

Update:

Police have released pictures of the looters to the public in an effort to locate them for prosecution. I don't know how much cooperation they'll get from the people in the housing project. We'll see.

https://www.cbs17.com/weather/hurric...say/1454454305
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies