U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2018, 09:04 PM

9,432 posts, read 2,592,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
What are you talking about?

I can't live at the beach because I don't make enough money. Though some here believe I should just crash Cher's Malibu beach house that's not how sane/moral folks think.

It's supply and demand. People want to live in Cher's house because it's nice and Malibu is nice. Prices are lower in the South L.A. because nobody wants to live in the ghetto.
I know.

But things donít have to be that way, with actual public transport based on direct voluntary democracy, all of LA could be based on similar quality.

No more traffic, no more crime, no more gated nieghborhoods, no more ghettos, no more skid row, a free society based on egalitarian ability.

Imagine how much more sustainable LA would be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Update:

Police have released pictures of the looters to the public in an effort to locate them for prosecution. I don't know how much cooperation they'll get from the people in the housing project. We'll see.

https://www.cbs17.com/weather/hurric...say/1454454305
I hope they are treated fairly by the courts.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:17 PM

26,608 posts, read 11,147,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I know.

But things don’t have to be that way, with actual public transport based on direct voluntary democracy, all of LA could be based on similar quality.

No more traffic, no more crime, no more gated nieghborhoods, no more ghettos, no more skid row, a free society based on egalitarian ability.

Imagine how much more sustainable LA would be.
"public transport based on direct voluntary democracy"? What is that?

Old 09-17-2018, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
public transport based on direct voluntary democracy? What is that?
Public land cannot be privately owned.

Unions and civilians can pool together under a council to form public transport, or work with syndicates to form larger ones.

Either way, without private property the need for monopoly vanishes.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Maybe if Los Angeles formed a working class city Council, they could help facilitate public transport instead of letting auto makers control the market thanks to supply chain monopoly.

Think, the county would actually be livable and people of all races would socialize with each other as comrads instead of competitors.
How about more people just work from home. We have the technology. People are slow to adjust at times.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:20 PM

20,283 posts, read 9,903,778 times
Quote:
People could still be more ambitious than others and achieve more/control more capital. But they would naturally be limited by their physical limitations.

Itís not like now when a piece of paper gives you control over an entire factory and the input of all its workers. There will be no state police to protect that authoritarian rule.
For someone who feels so strongly about this, you haven't explained how this would look in any detail. You throw little tidbits like this out and expect people to buy into it.

I have to ask, and I'm not being snarky - why haven't you moved to one of the countries where this system is in place?

Old 09-17-2018, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Public land cannot be privately owned.

Unions and civilians can pool together under a council to form public transport, or work with syndicates to form larger ones.

Either way, without private property the need for monopoly vanishes.
So mob rule.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:21 PM

Quote:
How about more people just work from home. We have the technology. People are slow to adjust at times.
No socialization is important.

Furthermore real work that keeps a society functioning canít be done from ones home.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
For someone who feels so strongly about this, you haven't explained how this would look in any detail. You throw little tidbits like this out and expect people to buy into it.

I have to ask, and I'm not being snarky - why haven't you moved to one of the countries where this system is in place?
I’ve already explained this before, but right now there are small anarchist communist towns and areas in Algeria, Central Italy, South of Mexico, etc. but they all exist under a capitalist context (being as capitalist have a monopoly over the global supply chain and monetary system).

Real anarchist communism or anarchist syndicalism like that formed in Manchuria or Catalonia is much harder than before.

But don’t worry, people have a right to freedom away from authoritarian control. It is the natural path of humanity that we may reach worker owned cooperatives operating in worker/civilian councils towns without any central state.

It was that way before the age of the empire, and it will be so again.

https://libcom.org/library/what-anarcho-syndicalism

Old 09-17-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
So mob rule.
No no no no no no.

That is not nearly what I said. It is voluntary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies