U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2018, 09:38 PM
Status: "Basking in my white and height privilege" (set 7 days ago)

17,569 posts, read 8,650,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Speaking on behalf of all ghetto minorities you have no idea how tough it is to walk past a Family Dollar and not ravage the establishment due to capitalism.

My go-to item to pillage was hand soap. You could find me running out of my local FD, copious amounts of soap in hand, screaming "This is for the proletariat! Down with the bourgeoisie!"
No doubt! You grew up in the ghetto and naturally capitalism drove you to looting. Ethics and morality had zip to do with it.

I wonder why there were no reports of looting during the Depression. Do you think they were just a bunch of slackers? Underachievers, if you will, who were too lazy to loot due to capitalism?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2018, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Capitalism isn't the reason for the defective thought process these criminals have. Not being raised correctly and depending on the selfare state is the big problem. When 70% of black children are raised in single parent families of course they aren't, as a group, going to raised correctly compared to others who have 2 parents.
I don't know if that was intentional or an innocent typo, but it works either way.

Old 09-16-2018, 09:48 PM

4,144 posts, read 1,753,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Real over achievers right there.
And looting a Family Dollar? BWAHAHAHAHA Rhodes scholars.

Old 09-16-2018, 09:56 PM

6,654 posts, read 1,814,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
No doubt! You grew up in the ghetto and naturally capitalism drove you to looting. Ethics and morality had zip to do with it.

I wonder why there were no reports of looting during the Depression. Do you think they were just a bunch of slackers? Underachievers, if you will, who were too lazy to loot due to capitalism?
Capitalism helps shape our society and its moralities.

Old 09-16-2018, 10:00 PM

181 posts, read 66,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
A different reporter's account can be seen here beginning at 2:20. Looters threatened to kill the reporter and fired a shot as he left. Police had said they would not go to the scene since store management didn't want to press charges against anyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXhA_EgCtHU
These reporters are concerned over a bunch ultra poor people stealing some nickel and dime merchandise from a Chinese junk store corporation, after a major hurricane just hit, yet Wall Street and the banks loot the whole country's economy and there's never a peep out of them.

Old 09-16-2018, 10:03 PM

1,957 posts, read 1,054,498 times
Quote:

Looting has to do with peoples needs being met.

It has absolutely nothing to do with morality, capitalism, or being an underachiever.

Old 09-16-2018, 10:04 PM

13,090 posts, read 5,450,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
And there is a root to why.

We must always be inquisitive to understand why things are the way they are.
The root is that a few of them are thieves who think itís fine to steal from others, and a larger contingent who would never do such a thing on their own but as long as others are doing it...

Old 09-16-2018, 10:07 PM

6,654 posts, read 1,814,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The root is that a few of them are thieves who think itís fine to steal from others, and a larger contingent who would never do such a thing on their own but as long as others are doing it...
But why do these people think like that?

Perhaps itís because capitalism taught them that material goods have permanent attached value and meant for the sole usage of those who own the capital.

Old 09-16-2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
And a sense of entitlement. If they want something they should be able to have it without having to work or pay for it.

For as many people as we saw, there were probably even more who chose not to loot. Gee...why didn't capitalism lead to bad behavior with them?

Old 09-16-2018, 10:15 PM

23,877 posts, read 10,074,798 times
Quote:
I don't know if that was intentional or an innocent typo, but it works either way.
lol I got lucky. Bad typing can pay off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies