Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 04:51 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,860,814 times

Advertisements

It is sad to see, and again points to lack of socialization and development. Not understanding basic societal right from wrong. When you use disaster situations to loot "Family Dollar," something is wrong. The mentality is off.

Also, herd mentality affects many of them as well. They see a couple of people doing it, and they think it's cool/ ok to do. Unfortunately, many are not taught these basic normative behaviors growing up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2018, 05:17 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I hope the insurance company refuses to cover the damages.
I kind of agree, but then I thought that maybe the store owner wants the police to be free to help those whose lives are in danger.

These trashy idiots' faces are on camera so hopefully something will be done.

Old 09-16-2018, 06:36 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Capitalism is to blame...lmao.

Old 09-16-2018, 07:31 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Speaking on behalf of all ghetto minorities you have no idea how tough it is to walk past a Family Dollar and not ravage the establishment due to capitalism.

My go-to item to pillage was hand soap. You could find me running out of my local FD, copious amounts of soap in hand, screaming "This is for the proletariat! Down with the bourgeoisie!"

Old 09-16-2018, 07:50 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Lowlifes who were born to understand material goods had monetary value, and were the only way to obtain freedom.

They were deprived from it by authoritarian capitalist who horde public goods, and now that people see the opportunity they degrade themselves to take it.

This is the fault of capitalism, not the looters.
Capitalism isn't the reason for the defective thought process these criminals have. Not being raised correctly and depending on the selfare state is the big problem. When 70% of black children are raised in single parent families of course they aren't, as a group, going to raised correctly compared to others who have 2 parents.

Old 09-16-2018, 07:59 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,425,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Speaking on behalf of all ghetto minorities you have no idea how tough it is to walk past a Family Dollar and not ravage the establishment due to capitalism.

My go-to item to pillage was hand soap. You could find me running out of my local FD, copious amounts of soap in hand, screaming "This is for the proletariat! Down with the bourgeoisie!"
Stop speaking nonsense.

No one is claiming looting is good or justified.

But putting value on capital above labor leads to people to fight over capital when they have none. Material value is the root of all this greed. Take away monetary value,, and this wouldn't happen.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Also, those store items were all public goods. If we did not centralize control of them, and limit their access to the population, then people wouldn't act violent to take them.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:06 PM

1,087 posts, read 781,729 times
The reporter is Chelsea Donovan of WECT. In the video linked below (you have to skip to later at 25:37) she talked about her own coverage on the looting. She did leave after hearing threats and gunshots. It appears the store management was intimidated by the situation and asked the police to stand down and not to enforce the law.

Reporter Chelsea Donovan describes experience coming across loot - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

Old 09-16-2018, 08:07 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Stop speaking nonsense.

No one is claiming looting is good or justified.

But putting value on capital above labor leads to people to fight over capital when they have none. Material value is the root of all this greed. Take away monetary value,, and this wouldn't happen.
Individuals made a choice to steal stuff. It's as simple as that.

Stop speaking nonsense.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Individuals made a choice to steal stuff. It's as simple as that.

Stop speaking nonsense.
And there is a root to why.

We must always be inquisitive to understand why things are the way they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies