U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 03:03 PM

10,336 posts, read 9,975,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
So liberals are only against government handouts when people they disagree with need them? Such bigots and hypocrites.
Yes, this is standard operating procedure for modern liberals. If they agree with you, you get a pass for being just about everything they claim to hate, including being filthy rich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2018, 03:06 PM

4,575 posts, read 1,141,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
So liberals are only against government handouts when people they disagree with need them? Such bigots and hypocrites.
Well said good and agreed. Liberals love government handouts for their own constituents, not so much for their rival party constituents.

Old 09-16-2018, 03:08 PM

33,035 posts, read 12,497,258 times
What a bunch of malarky.

Democrats went to bat for black lung benefits for coal miners, even when coal miners backed the party that was trying to take the benefits away.

Old 09-16-2018, 03:10 PM

33,035 posts, read 12,497,258 times
Nor is it accurate to say that people on disability benefits don't vote or if they do, they vote for Democrats.

That is simply untrue.

Old 09-16-2018, 03:59 PM

29,112 posts, read 18,380,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What a bunch of malarky.

Democrats went to bat for black lung benefits for coal miners, even when coal miners backed the party that was trying to take the benefits away.

^^^^This! What say you now about the left against benefits for the right?

Old 09-16-2018, 04:33 PM

5,188 posts, read 3,745,742 times
Quote:
It is called SSI.

Children with disabilities are eligible for it. Hence the term disability benefits.
Nope, SSI is NOT SSDI. SSI is Supplementary Security Income and is paid by taxes and is not dependent solely on disability (aged 65+, blind or disabled). SSDI is Social Security Disability Insurance, and is dependent on disability.

The bolded section of Seacoves post states

Quote:
*by*parents who were taking their children out of literacy classes because the possibility of improved academic performance would threaten $700-a-month Social Security disability benefits,*
Reading is the first step in comprehension.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:30 PM

17,659 posts, read 10,201,146 times
Quote:
What a bunch of malarky.

This. So much this. Now that they are cheering for coal we shouldn’t do that again and let Darwin deal with it.

That same article shows how Trump supporters in Appalachia also turn their welfare food stamps into cash by buying and selling soda which turns $500 worth of food benefits into $250 in cash. No wonder Trump supporters were so in to soda. Disability not only pays money, it also provides taxpayer funded healthcare, the very thing they claimed to oppose.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:32 PM

3,528 posts, read 2,302,170 times
Seems about right. These ignorant low information, poor, uneducated white trash hicks are Trump's core base. Most of them do not have the education, training, or skills to hold down a 21st century job, so they have to get by on government handouts, maybe with a side hustle of slinging moonshine or meth, all while they ***** and moan about the oppressive gubmint machine that supposedly keeps them down whenever a D is in office.

Meanwhile, I as an educated upstanding city dweller with a decent job, have to subsidize them with my tax dollars.

Full disclosure: I am white so don't call me a racist.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:44 PM

11,370 posts, read 6,786,875 times
Speaking only for myself. I've lived with a well-documented spinal issue for almost sixty years; never took a cent of disability. I worked full time until the age of 67. part-time for two years after that, and having become semi-housebound due to diminished mobility, am now seeking home-based options.

But I would work at the most menial chores necessary before being imprisoned in a "sanitary" office environment modeled around an overgrown classroom-- a henhouse organized by a clique of cackling, stereotype-peddling eco-feminists who seek to dominate this thread, this forum, and eventually, the nation.

And I know I've got plenty of company.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 09-17-2018 at 01:11 PM..

Old 09-17-2018, 01:02 PM

11,376 posts, read 3,693,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Who woulda thought that this thread was more #fakenews? 1/4 blacks on disability as opposed to 1/5 whites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies