Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 06:27 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,110,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Indeed, there are quite a few in this constituency that somehow think it is their right as a native born white American for the country to provide them with some kind of high paying but low skill labor job. They refuse to take the initiative to assess what the 21st century economy is demanding and then acquire the skills to meet that demand. You don't even really need formal education any more. Pretty much all of the skills you need to do a lot of high paying knowledge work in today's economy can be learned on the internet for free.

You sure like to bash white Americans, don't you? Yet you totally ignore the problems within other races. If you are white you're certainly a self-hating one!

There is nothing wrong with liking blue-collared work opposed to sitting at a desk all day. Blue-collared workers have been the backbone of our country. Americans of all races have always done those jobs because they like physical work. I already told you that construction used to pay double what it pays now until millions of cheap illegals flooded our border. I suggest you stop bashing lazy whites when they are a minority among whites. Sure is funny that you don't bash blacks, Hispanics, etc. who also have the lazy among their ranks. Hmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 07:58 PM

3,356 posts, read 1,232,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
This was started by Obama to artificially lower the unemployment numbers under his watch. Put them on disability and you don't have to count them as unemployed.
More details on this please. I find it hard to believe.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:15 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You sure like to bash white Americans, don't you? Yet you totally ignore the problems within other races. If you are white you're certainly a self-hating one!

There is nothing wrong with liking blue-collared work opposed to sitting at a desk all day. Blue-collared workers have been the backbone of our country. Americans of all races have always done those jobs because they like physical work. I already told you that construction used to pay double what it pays now until millions of cheap illegals flooded our border. I suggest you stop bashing lazy whites when they are a minority among whites. Sure is funny that you don't bash blacks, Hispanics, etc. who also have the lazy among their ranks. Hmm.
This is so funny that you think I'm self hating because I bash white trash hicks.

Here's a clue dude, I don't like people that don't contribute anything to society. I hold white trash hicks in the same regard as inner city black thugs.

On the other hand there are upstanding productive people of every race.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:18 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times
Quote:
White trash hicks? They are among the minority of white Americans. What about all those blacks on welfare? You don't have a problem with them?
Sure I do. But this thread was about disability fraud among whites, so I was keeping my posts on topic.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:56 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
So lets end disability,its an immoral scam anyway. You with me o.p.?
Should have ended the thread.

But...well...sigh.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
This is so funny that you think I'm self hating because I bash white trash hicks.

Here's a clue dude, I don't like people that don't contribute anything to society. I hold white trash hicks in the same regard as inner city black thugs.

On the other hand there are upstanding productive people of every race.

Except in all your posts all you do is bash white trash while you never mentioned the trash among other races until now.

Yes, there are upstanding productive people of every race but the only ones you held up in high regard are those who are here illegally. You never addressed a single thing that I pointed out about negative impact of illegal immigration. You think because they supposedly are hard working and family oriented that it justifies their presence here. And again, they aren't the only group of people who are hard working and family oriented either so why did you even bring that up? Most Americans are also.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Sure I do. But this thread was about disability fraud among whites, so I was keeping my posts on topic.

No, the topic heading was about disability aka a new welfare program for those on the right. Why just mentioned the right and by the way the word "white" wasn't in the topic heading but you certainly focused on that!

Old 09-18-2018, 08:18 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
No, the topic heading was about disability aka a new welfare program for those on the right. Why just mentioned the right and by the way the word "white" wasn't in the topic heading but you certainly focused on that!
Racists can't help themselves, it's what they do 24/7

Old 09-18-2018, 08:36 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
This was started by Obama to artificially lower the unemployment numbers under his watch. Put them on disability and you don't have to count them as unemployed.

Nonsense. I worked almost thirty years for the Office of Hearing and Appeals (Social Security), writing disability cases for the administrative law judges.

The definition of disability (under Titles II and XVI of the Social Security Act) for adults had not significantly changed during my years.

Never, under any President you care to name since 1988 (when I started) did we receive any directive to increase or decease the number of people found to have met the definition of disability.

Now, under Obama, the number of 'cessation' cases rose, meaning, the DDS (state level) were told to increase their reviews of those receiving disability. Those that were found to no longer be disabled, would then appeal to our (Federal) level, for hearing before an alj.

One problem: the various state DDS offices lacked the resources to both evaluate new claims for disability (which there were many during the recession), as well as review cessation cases. So, while the number of cessation cases rose, it was rather minimal when viewed as a percentage.

I had expected President Trump to order more cessation reviews; as of my retirement as of June 30, 2018, that had not occurred. Again, however, much of the burden falls upon the State DDS offices. The OHA office does not instigate reviews, only at the state level.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:40 AM

45,202 posts, read 26,421,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Should have ended the thread.

But...well...sigh.
As usual we have both teams arguing over the details of a scam while ignoring the fact that such a scam exists in first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies