U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-18-2018, 06:23 PM
 
Location: Clyde Hill, WA
489 posts, read 68,486 times
Reputation: 154

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
"Reputation" is the excused used when there is absolutely no proof or justification for what is being said.

Woodward whored himself out to Jeff Bezo by turning WaPo into a leftist rag that puts dogma ahead of truth. It has been anything but unbiased against Trump since long before he was elected.

He's got no reputation now except for how much he can put in his pockets. And if stoking up fear & anger with the left, sells books then expect him to do as much of it as he can.
I don't know how much authority Woodward has at the WAPO. His official title is 'associate editor.'

You have to admit that Woodward has taken arrows from both sides. He was lambasted by the left when he said that there was no Bush/Cheney lie about WMD. He did a book about Iraq called 'Bush at War,' which as I recall was pretty favorable to Bush. He also recently said that he looked two years for evidence of Trump/Russia collusion and found none. I'm sure many on the left are not pleased about that.

By the way, it would be interesting to ask whether those giving glowing marks for Fear also gave Woodward glowing marks for his comments on WMD and Russia. Just sayin....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-18-2018, 06:25 PM
 
5,106 posts, read 6,080,277 times
Reputation: 9677
On the chaos thing, the WW2 German Wehrmacht marveled at what they considered a unique American trait of being able to succeed under chaos.

so let Woodward call it chaos.may not be so bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 07:59 PM
 
27,602 posts, read 45,056,792 times
Reputation: 14101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
BS, I'll wager that most of those "3,000" can be found on the welfare rolls in Florida. How the hell did PR not know that that many people died until a year later ? To lazy to count them or just needed the headlines to get more aid ? Just read where they found a bunch of water sitting in the airport that the locals were too lazy to distribute.
Once again someone supporting Trump's racist agenda proves HRC's comment true

FEMA never released that water--
It's FEMA's property until they actually turn it over to the local authorities
So FEMA was the agency who screwed up

And if those 3000 people ARE in FL (and we both know they aren't)..
They likely registered to vote when they got their ID cards or driver's license
So they are good to go voting against any GOP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 08:01 PM
 
27,602 posts, read 45,056,792 times
Reputation: 14101
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDM66 View Post
I finished reading Fear on Saturday night. I inhaled it over a 3-day period.

I love the last sentence of the book, which pretty much sums up Trump. It's from Trump's former lawyer John Dowd:

"He's a f***cking liar."

Enough said.

Dowd should know--
Working for Trump made Dowd one himself....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2018, 01:09 AM
 
Location: Old Mother Idaho
19,388 posts, read 13,062,503 times
Reputation: 14108
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Dowd should know--
Working for Trump made Dowd one himself....
Yes. But he quit. Honest men can make dishonest mistakes just like a crooked man.

But a crooked man lives with his mistakes. An honest man cannot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2018, 06:45 AM
 
33,384 posts, read 14,592,163 times
Reputation: 7600
Just MORE fake news!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2018, 07:43 AM
 
1,420 posts, read 394,618 times
Reputation: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I just started this book using the Audible version--
Haven't gotten too far but the info is very compelling
Woodward had to have spoken with some people VERY close to Trump and others in his inner circle
Some of this stuff has to come from Bannon and people like Cohn and Bossy

The story about the letter to kill the South Korean trade agreement is scary as ****
Both because Trump is so ignorant of what the repercussions could/would be and because of how enabling and ignorant are the people around him w/o any real knowledge and experience in either foreign trade/policy or military issues...

These guys will get people killed in mass quantities
Check out the deaths in Puerto Rico that have come to light after researching the fallout from lax/non-existant FEMA response to the damage there
3000 people that OUR government WAS responsible for -- they died for variety of reasons--probably the government's intervention could have saved ALL of them...I am realistic to admit that

But there is no way I believe that they all had to die because it was their fault they were in the wrong place at the wrong time....those deaths happened over days, weeks, months of US inaction and failed policies and infighting (yes) between Puerto Rican officials trying to make a buck and contractors who were trying to make a buck, and FEMA who was totally overwhelmed by having so many hurricanes to deal with and not being HONEST about the situation

Trump will never admit the truth about what happened in Puerto Rico
He is a malignant narcissist and that personality type never admits to mistakes or wrongdoing--
His head would explode
So people who think the answer to this problem is for him to admit he was wrong are just wasting their time
Our Congress is responsible for holding FEMA accountable
And you can kiss that goodbye as long as the GOP is in control...

Get ready East Coast--you are going to be in world of hurt because the same guy who was in charge last year is still in charge==Long is not capable of handling this level of triage
Plus the WH is considering removing him due to cloud over his travel and other expenditures--
Which would only make the situation worse since there is no one they would put in that would be a GOOD choice in all likelihood...

The only reason that Florence MIGHT turn out better is that people will have the opportunity to vote in the midterms and make their displeasure with GOP leadership known...

Read "Fear" for yourself
It is compelling both in the literary style (Woodward has been around politics since Nixon and knows how to tell a story) and in the information about what happens in the WH
This is YOUR life this man and his cabal are messing with

My husband just told me that he read Trump pulled 169 MILLION dollars from several government agencies--FEMA and Coast Guard were reported--but TSA (34MILLION) and 1.8Million from Domestic Nuclear Detection Office to fund his kiddie jails and racist bias...
This info is from website "Trump Sucks" but am sure it is verifiable on other platforms...

Ain't the Kool-Aid wonderful........get help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2018, 07:52 AM
 
2,592 posts, read 1,048,685 times
Reputation: 1714
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I just started this book using the Audible version--
Haven't gotten too far but the info is very compelling
Woodward had to have spoken with some people VERY close to Trump and others in his inner circle
Some of this stuff has to come from Bannon and people like Cohn and Bossy

The story about the letter to kill the South Korean trade agreement is scary as ****
Both because Trump is so ignorant of what the repercussions could/would be and because of how enabling and ignorant are the people around him w/o any real knowledge and experience in either foreign trade/policy or military issues...

These guys will get people killed in mass quantities
Check out the deaths in Puerto Rico that have come to light after researching the fallout from lax/non-existant FEMA response to the damage there
3000 people that OUR government WAS responsible for -- they died for variety of reasons--probably the government's intervention could have saved ALL of them...I am realistic to admit that

But there is no way I believe that they all had to die because it was their fault they were in the wrong place at the wrong time....those deaths happened over days, weeks, months of US inaction and failed policies and infighting (yes) between Puerto Rican officials trying to make a buck and contractors who were trying to make a buck, and FEMA who was totally overwhelmed by having so many hurricanes to deal with and not being HONEST about the situation

Trump will never admit the truth about what happened in Puerto Rico
He is a malignant narcissist and that personality type never admits to mistakes or wrongdoing--
His head would explode
So people who think the answer to this problem is for him to admit he was wrong are just wasting their time
Our Congress is responsible for holding FEMA accountable
And you can kiss that goodbye as long as the GOP is in control...

Get ready East Coast--you are going to be in world of hurt because the same guy who was in charge last year is still in charge==Long is not capable of handling this level of triage
Plus the WH is considering removing him due to cloud over his travel and other expenditures--
Which would only make the situation worse since there is no one they would put in that would be a GOOD choice in all likelihood...

The only reason that Florence MIGHT turn out better is that people will have the opportunity to vote in the midterms and make their displeasure with GOP leadership known...

Read "Fear" for yourself
It is compelling both in the literary style (Woodward has been around politics since Nixon and knows how to tell a story) and in the information about what happens in the WH
This is YOUR life this man and his cabal are messing with

My husband just told me that he read Trump pulled 169 MILLION dollars from several government agencies--FEMA and Coast Guard were reported--but TSA (34MILLION) and 1.8Million from Domestic Nuclear Detection Office to fund his kiddie jails and racist bias...
This info is from website "Trump Sucks" but am sure it is verifiable on other platforms...
Certainly an unbiased review!?

Since we are not there how would we know what is true although the fact that many things are getting done (whether you like them or not) would lead me to believe at the very least any dysfunction is greatly exaggerated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2018, 07:55 AM
 
31,774 posts, read 14,639,851 times
Reputation: 8474
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I just started this book using the Audible version--
Haven't gotten too far but the info is very compelling
Woodward had to have spoken with some people VERY close to Trump and others in his inner circle
Some of this stuff has to come from Bannon and people like Cohn and Bossy

The story about the letter to kill the South Korean trade agreement is scary as ****
Both because Trump is so ignorant of what the repercussions could/would be and because of how enabling and ignorant are the people around him w/o any real knowledge and experience in either foreign trade/policy or military issues...

These guys will get people killed in mass quantities
Check out the deaths in Puerto Rico that have come to light after researching the fallout from lax/non-existant FEMA response to the damage there
3000 people that OUR government WAS responsible for -- they died for variety of reasons--probably the government's intervention could have saved ALL of them...I am realistic to admit that

But there is no way I believe that they all had to die because it was their fault they were in the wrong place at the wrong time....those deaths happened over days, weeks, months of US inaction and failed policies and infighting (yes) between Puerto Rican officials trying to make a buck and contractors who were trying to make a buck, and FEMA who was totally overwhelmed by having so many hurricanes to deal with and not being HONEST about the situation

Trump will never admit the truth about what happened in Puerto Rico
He is a malignant narcissist and that personality type never admits to mistakes or wrongdoing--
His head would explode
So people who think the answer to this problem is for him to admit he was wrong are just wasting their time
Our Congress is responsible for holding FEMA accountable
And you can kiss that goodbye as long as the GOP is in control...

Get ready East Coast--you are going to be in world of hurt because the same guy who was in charge last year is still in charge==Long is not capable of handling this level of triage
Plus the WH is considering removing him due to cloud over his travel and other expenditures--
Which would only make the situation worse since there is no one they would put in that would be a GOOD choice in all likelihood...

The only reason that Florence MIGHT turn out better is that people will have the opportunity to vote in the midterms and make their displeasure with GOP leadership known...

Read "Fear" for yourself
It is compelling both in the literary style (Woodward has been around politics since Nixon and knows how to tell a story) and in the information about what happens in the WH
This is YOUR life this man and his cabal are messing with

My husband just told me that he read Trump pulled 169 MILLION dollars from several government agencies--FEMA and Coast Guard were reported--but TSA (34MILLION) and 1.8Million from Domestic Nuclear Detection Office to fund his kiddie jails and racist bias...
This info is from website "Trump Sucks" but am sure it is verifiable on other platforms...

What kiddie jails? What racist bias?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2018, 07:56 AM
 
2,592 posts, read 1,048,685 times
Reputation: 1714
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
On the chaos thing, the WW2 German Wehrmacht marveled at what they considered a unique American trait of being able to succeed under chaos.

so let Woodward call it chaos.may not be so bad.
On chaos I worked in an industry with a very tight immovable deadline (tax software). To the outsider the last few weeks every year looked like chaos yet we always delivered a good product on time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top