U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think that we should have more, the same, or less immigration?
More 10 10.31%
The same 17 17.53%
Less 70 72.16%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 09:48 AM

15,772 posts, read 8,604,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
illlegal immigration is like cutting the buffet line.
its more like cutting the buffet line after the regulars paid.... which means the non-cutters pay more and the cutters eat free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2018, 10:35 AM

7,211 posts, read 8,824,573 times
I am fine with immigration but the laws and processes need to be updated and those not following procedures deported. Membership has its privileges and you must be a legal member to get the perks.

Old 09-19-2018, 05:02 PM

647 posts, read 90,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yeah exactly continuous population growth to support the elderly is the logic of a pyramid scheme requiring exponential increases in population.
But the reality is, that is the system we are stuck with. Social Security has long been known as the 'third rail' of DC politics. Touch it and die. I think it was George W. Bush who suggested reforms to reduce the 'ponzi' aspect and was roasted for it. He dropped the idea.

Are you willing to have your FICA taxes keep going up, or your retirement benefits reduced, in order to get immigration restrictions?

Old 09-19-2018, 05:10 PM

31,943 posts, read 14,727,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
But the reality is, that is the system we are stuck with. Social Security has long been known as the 'third rail' of DC politics. Touch it and die. I think it was George W. Bush who suggested reforms to reduce the 'ponzi' aspect and was roasted for it. He dropped the idea.

Are you willing to have your FICA taxes keep going up, or your retirement benefits reduced, in order to get immigration restrictions?

I'm sure something can be worked out temporarily when the end result would be a lot more beneficial for the future than constantly matching or increasing our population numbers.

Old 09-19-2018, 05:15 PM

12,377 posts, read 3,404,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Uh-huh.

So, basically, what you are telling me is that I was invited here, am a thief, and that you hate Jews.

Why am I not surprised?

(edited for language)
Who invited you here, a relative or an employer? Other than that you requested and were permitted entry, not exactly invited. Even if you were invited you don't seem to be a great guest and don't like the people already here much.

Old 09-19-2018, 05:18 PM

5,333 posts, read 1,613,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Uh-huh.

So, basically, what you are telling me is that I was invited here, am a thief, and that you hate Jews.

Why am I not surprised?

(edited for language)
So you admit or are implying that the Jews are the main culprits in foisting mass immigration off on white, Western nations? Surprised to see such candor about this , given how stridently its always denied, and accompanied by shrieks of "anti-Semitic!" "hitler!" Etc.

What's that quote about Jews being at the forefront of immigration in Europe- is it this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53A5AJoRxF0

Maybe people don't like having their homes invaded by foreigners and their bizarre and incompatible culture?

Last edited by phantompilot; 09-19-2018 at 05:26 PM..

Old 09-19-2018, 05:19 PM

13,809 posts, read 7,446,506 times
We need to allow the same number of immigrants, but on a merit system like all other developed countries. We also need to STOP the flow of illegal aliens into the country. As immigration is a LEGAL process, these illegal aliens are NOT immigrants, but invading criminals who often steal identities by using other people's social security numbers.

Old 09-19-2018, 05:20 PM

12,377 posts, read 3,404,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post

In a word, yes.

To elaborate, restricting immigration will lower other tax payer costs, reduce inflation and wage deflation, and improve quality of life in ways money can hardly buy.

Old 09-19-2018, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Who invited you here, a relative or an employer? Other than that you requested and were permitted entry, not exactly invited. Even if you were invited you don't seem to be a great guest and don't like the people already here much.
What is galling is these people come here without the approval of the American people. The American people have never ONCE given permission for any of this. Heck, we were never asked, never consulted. It is OUR nation, we own it. We're the owners of the property. If anyone comes in, it should only be with the permission of the owner.

Anything else is at least trespassing. That's the LEAST severe offense it can be.

Old 09-19-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
illlegal immigration is like cutting the buffet line.
Immigration without permission is INVASION.

Just like sex without permission is RAPE.

Illegal immigration is the rape of the nation rather than of an individual, but just as morally wrong. Because its actually done to more victims. All 290M American citizens are victims of the crime of illegal entry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or